Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I did say I'd only done it recently, probably 2 cases in the last week which prompted me to open this thread. If they hover over a few cards then rope to the last second and play a minion, in my opinion that's BM and shows contempt for the opponent. "Sorry" just rubs it in.
    Just FYI, I often play in super super super windowed mode, and I forget I queued and open up Skype or another window on top of it. When I mouse over the top window, I can see it mousing over stuff in the Hearthstone window.

Perfectly possible I'm not the only one with this problem.

I truly have absolutely never done it on purpose. I'm just a dumbass who has horrible memory.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for everyone, but I tend to D/C often while playing. So if I rope, it's never intentional. I use the "Sorry" emote for its actual purpose of apologizing for the delay.

People queue up and then go grab some food. Or the door knocks. Or the cat unplug the modem. Or they are on their phone and leave Wi-Fi range. Or their house catches fire. Or they straight forget that they queued while watching YouTube.

Instead of assuming the worst of your opponent, try assuming that something else came up and that the apology is real. It'll save your blood pressure.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-03-27 at 06:29 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but I tend to D/C often while playing. So if I rope, it's never intentional. I use the "Sorry" emote for its actual purpose of apologizing for the delay.

People queue up and then go grab some food. Or the door knocks. Or the cat unplug the modem. Or they are on their phone and leave Wi-Fi range. Or their house catches fire. Or they straight forget that they queued while watching YouTube.

Instead of assuming the worst of your opponent, try assuming that something else came up and that the apology is real. It'll save your blood pressure.
    Try reading the whole thread.

entire thread or not, its sound advice for anyone, and yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    entire thread or not, its sound advice for anyone, and yourself.
    Do you assume someone who ropes the whole turn then by sheer coincidence comes back in the last second to play out Zombie Chow is not doing it on purpose? Yeah this has already been said in my replies and I get accused of "shifting the goal posts".

There is no need for me to reiterate my feelings after every single troll response when it's already been said in the thread.

Deleted
    I only ever reach rope when i have to go afk for a door or a peepee.

Except face hunturds and secret retardins. Because fuck those netdeck tryhards at rank 19.

You want a fast game? Oh, you just wait. Wait and wait. Maximum time every turn.

They likely tabbed out during the mulligan after they finished and afk'd. If this is honestly the thing that bothers you - the single time in Hearthstone where I regularly actually see an emote used earnestly - then you might be a bit over-invested.

Nobody gives a shit about "your time" in a turn-based competition. If they were intentionally roping to grief that would be one thing (and I honestly have no idea how that's not reportable) but you're talking about a minute or two of your life. If you don't have that, then don't play video games.

Deleted
    Blah blah blah ...
    It still remains a sound advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you assume someone who ropes the whole turn then by sheer coincidence comes back in the last second to play out Zombie Chow is not doing it on purpose?
    Until I have a legitimate reason to assume otherwise, yes. Yes I do.

Did.

Doesn't change the post. =-)
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

It's insane how many people here actually condone the roping "because unlike you I have a life". I'll say that next time I'm playing a game of Magic at FNM, or when I'm the tank in a pug raid and make them wait for 10 minutes. Sure you people won't mind either there?

Yes you have a life, except you yourself, noone else decided to find a game of HS to play, noone forced you, and no there isn't any harrasment going on. The wait times are what? 10-15 seconds. Stop finding excuses and play the damn game, if your chores or whatever can't wait until after the game; Don't start the damn game. How hard can that be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Until I have a legitimate reason to assume otherwise, yes. Yes I do.
    To me that is a legitimate reason. They are showing contempt even if it's not on purpose, this has already been said.

To me that is a legitimate reason. They are showing contempt even if it's not on purpose, this has already been said.
    I did this a couple of times the other day, I was playing D3 at the same time and misclicked the end turn button and it didnt take, it wasnt until the noise started that I looked at my other screen and saw it.

Deleted
    Guilty of this too. Usually happens when I play a better game at the same time. I might miss HS is still going on.
    Sometimes it's also my li'l kitten coming into my room, nd he's the cutest bugger you've ever seen. Can't say no to some extensive petting.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Except face hunturds and secret retardins. Because fuck those netdeck tryhards at rank 19.

You want a fast game? Oh, you just wait. Wait and wait. Maximum time every turn.
    I did that quite a lot at the start of the game. When face hunters was the A and O of SMOrcing cancer, rope down to the last second each turn.

Want a fast game? Good luck.

Deleted
    CUDDLES FOR TWODDLE AND 8BITHAMSTER ALL!!!!!!

(written whilst playing HS and cooking sausage rolls)

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    CUDDLES FOR TWODDLE AND 8BITHAMSTER ALL!!!!!!

(written whilst playing HS and cooking sausage rolls)
    You can be attempted sassy all you want, but if you can't have the human decency or respect for the other player to actually focus on the game for 10 minutes, stop gaming in general. Always love the people who pulled this stuff at magic tournaments (yes it happens there as well), free kick out of the door.
    It shows an insane lack of respect. You're pretty much saying "Hey, I like to play against you, I just don't give a shit therefor I'll be afk for a while because 10 minutes out of my day is zomg disaster"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    You can be attempted sassy all you want, but if you can't have the human decency or respect for the other player to actually focus on the game for 10 minutes, stop gaming in general. Always love the people who pulled this stuff at magic tournaments (yes it happens there as well), free kick out of the door.
    It shows an insane lack of respect. You're pretty much saying "Hey, I like to play against you, I just don't give a shit therefor I'll be afk for a while because 10 minutes out of my day is zomg disaster"
    attempted sassy? please, I am sassy as fuck

The truth is, friend, that you and whoever the op is are in the minority here, by far, and the reason that you are in the minority is that you take this game far too seriously. you will note the word game here.

you are right, I would not do that at tragic tournaments. this is not because of etiquette issues, it is because I would not be seen dead at a tragic tournament ... it is in my fucking will.

Also HS is not Tragic, it is a game that I get 90 secs to make a turn max, if my dog needs a shit I go and let her out.

would you mess with this mean bitch?

http://imgur.com/J3FuwhV

if I choose to take that 90 secs whilst I am thinking whether to play zombie chow or am masturbating furiously that is my choice and it is endorsed by you because you play HS.

in summary - CUDDLES FOR OP AND 8BITHAMSTER EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Yeah, me playing hearthstone at home isn't really comparable to playing any type of game in a tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Yeah, me playing hearthstone at home isn't really comparable to playing any type of game in a tournament.
    Yes, but taking 10 minutes out of your day to play a game is somehow way to difficult for you and Craig to handle, because RL is always in the way... /headdesk

and Craig, please stop.. you're like the douchy kid at KFC that everyone laughs at. No clue on how life works, pretty much got a boner for a dog that pretty much no one cares about

15+ Year Old Account
    Using the rope to grief other players is the last bastion of a sore loser who lacks the skill to win. It's pathetic.

If you do this, you're the Hearthstone equivalent of a 12-year-old kid calling people faggots while playing CoD.