Poll: Are you still actively playing?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    EDIT : To the people who still play the game actively, what do you do in the game that keeps you playing ? Whats holding your excitement ?
    Nope I am running a garrison on one charater and I am logging in a few times a day to finish up missions and collecting gold.

I am done with WoW until legion and depending what legion does I may be done fully. My sub last's until may and I won't be renewing until Legion. I wouldn't be subbed now but I bought like 6 tokens so I am waiting out the time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

To the people who still play the game actively, what do you do in the game that keeps you playing ? Whats holding your excitement ?
    Clearing farm once a week.
    I level up some alts for Legion in purpose for gear farming with guild (50/50 or 70/30 alt / main groups).
    I farm old raids for battle pets and mounts.
    Progressing and completing various achievements, currently trying to finish up Archeology.
    In the moment trying to get Endless Wave 30 in Proving Grounds for all three classes, missing tank.
    Trying to farm the world mounts I lack aswell, MoP & WoD.
    I only have one character I am raiding on, currently thinking of starting up on an alt, but Legendary ring questline is keeping me from it atm.
    In the future I will probably start up PvP'ing again on my main character, something I have not done since TBC.

When I feel like I need a break, I'll take a few DotA games.

No. Still subscribed since it's pennies, but I'm not playing.

My guild called our regular hiatus to raiding in October. Almost all of us were ready for a break. I held a normal-mode ring run until about mid-December. A few of us got back together in January to achieve Herald of the Titans. A couple weeks later, after I tanked a few dungeons, I was invited to a weekly Mythic raid. In years or expansions past I would have seriously considered it. Warlords, though — I've been a raid leader since Tier 12 and this expansion wore me out. Not only is there the great nothing beyond raiding, but raids themselves just don't draw me back in like those in the past did. I've really been enjoying my free time; being able to jump at a real-life opportunity during the week. Not sure if I'm going to want to give some or all of it up in September.

Deleted
    I'm focusing on Skyrim right now. I'm hoping to actually "finish" the game for the first time since release. Yeah, don't ask.

I'm trying to get back into WoW roleplay and all though.

Garrison, farming some old content and all this thanks to the tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    I'm focusing on Skyrim right now. I'm hoping to actually "finish" the game for the first time since release. Yeah, don't ask.
    I know the feeling. Whenever I start Skyrim I get sidetracked with modding the crap out of it and totally forget to actually play it. :X

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually playing more now than in MoP. Couldn't stand MoP. Mandatory gated reputation daily grind fest spread out across the entire continent totally obliterated the entire expansion for me.

It might be heresy to say this but the garrison really didn't bother me, I actually enjoyed many aspects of it... No, what really bothered me was the lack of content patches. It's like they gave up on the xpac right after they launched it.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-03-27 at 01:43 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Yep, every day. Have to admit that kinda struggling to find stuff to do apart from managing garrisons on 8 chars and farming gold/achivms.

No I've quit thankfully WoD killed my desire to play wow ever again really. Its an amazing feeling and hard to describe really. I've been able to enjoy so many other games like Smite/Pokemon Revolution Online/ Black Desert Online and in a few days Tree of Savior . I come to MMO champion and read front page out of habbit because I used to be so addicted to wow during BC and WOTLK days always wanting to know the newest stuff coming out etc. Now I read and am like hmm cool but the feeling is gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    Nope, playing FFXIV right now, but I'm still subbed.
    So am I *fistbump*

currently my raid is at 5 mythic, trying on socrethar first for some weeks now. we struggle to fill our raids. raiding twice a week.

apart from that farming acms and mounts with my girlfriend. farming the last 2-man-able mounts that there are. for the rest gathering people, doing glory acms and so on.

twinking the rest of the time, filling in with weekend-dailies.

you see it is nothing really entertaining nor fun (as drop luck is not on our site, it is rather frustrating). however it is just enough to pass the time. "luckily" my girlfriend and i are just busy with job and familiy right now, so that we play daily evenings only and weekends. so the lack of content is enough as described above.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actively as in putting minimum effort to make gold. I'm surprised people still buy crafting upgrades.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Yeah, raid nights, and log in maybe once a day to do my garrison. Wish there was more to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    My realm feels death.
    I transferred to my current realm because it was one of the higher populated alliance side servers at the time, now it is one of the lowest. According to realmpop, the server i left has a higher overall pop now.

When they decided on which realms to merge and such they must of thought it was in a good place, if they looked at it now it would be merged with someone for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Actually playing more now than in MoP. Couldn't stand MoP. Mandatory gated reputation daily grind fest spread out across the entire continent totally obliterated the entire expansion for me.

It might be heresy to say this but the garrison really didn't bother me, I actually enjoyed many aspects of it... No, what really bothered me was the lack of content patches. It's like they gave up on the xpac right after they launched it.
    Contradictive, you play less when it's gated but now you play more now it's not, even though if you played more with gated content you end up with more because everything you did felt earned.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    Contradictive, you play less when it's gated but now you play more now it's not, even though if you played more with gated content you end up with more because everything you did felt earned.
    I don't understand your statement. I don't like grind fest that require me to treat WoW as a job. I don't see how playing content more when it's not gated means there has to be less content overall. Things weren't nearly as grindy and repetitive in x-pacs before MoP and people still played a lot. MoP just pushed the idea that you must log in every single day and do X over and over so you can access Y and do the same thing to access Z waaaaay too far.

Also, the notion content is better because they ask you to spend double the effort for the same reward is garbage. I don't see how giving me 250 rep per daily instead of 500 in order to milk the cow longer means I "earned" it more and therefor there's more content, makes 0 sense to me.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

You're asking me if I'm still playing a game where there has been zero new content for almost an entire year?

No, of course im not playing.

I still actively play: I mainly raid and want to finish mythic progress and do stuff with friends and guildies the rest of the times either do some alt runs, some pvp finishing nemesis or just having some fun in bgs, mount runs. I think the most important is to have fun with guildies and friends, that is what is going to keep you sub on the long term aka the right group can make any activity fun and engaging!

10+ Year Old Account
    I got about 12 days left until my time is up. Don't know yet if I want to add on more days. The reason I keep playing, to be honest, is how much fun I'm having with my characters, as in how fun it is to just fight things which in turn makes questing and dungeons much more fun. Despite the prune I got used to the classes again and learned that they are actually still good even without the spells they used to have. We'll see if this continues in Legion seeing as how they're supposedly doing more class pruning.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Uh, I guess I am. I log in once a week and do garrison crap. When I notice its timewalking I run a single instance on my two mains to get the 500 tokens on each. That about sums up what I do in wow currently.