Balance POF Mythic?

Hi All,

As balance druid I'm currently using Mythic (WF) DSI and HC SOC. I swap the SOC on various fights for the demon trinkets or IRP (though I'll probably update this to Sandpouch having read recent posts).

However, I've recently got from a Mythic chest PoF - could I possibly use this at all as a balance druid?

Nah, PoF is basically useless for us.

As for Sandman's, I only use it for fights where I'll get a decent mileage out, and that is Reaver and Kormrok for kills 1 min or less. After that I believe it loses it's appeal given it's horrendous overall uptime (16%). I'd personally use the heirloom trinket (even on non-demon fights) or mythic Oregorger over IRP though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup I'd agree with that. Sandmans on super short non demon fights (aka heirloom on fel lord instead). If you don't kill those 2 fights fast, piston might pull ahead, but unlikely.

As for POF, you just made 20g. Vendor it.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Vendor a 740 trinket, I could cry....

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Yup I'd agree with that. Sandmans on super short non demon fights (aka heirloom on fel lord instead). If you don't kill those 2 fights fast, piston might pull ahead, but unlikely.

As for POF, you just made 20g. Vendor it.
    sandmans lines up very well with ring aswell, mostly used on non demon single target fights like iron reaver and kormrok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    sandmans lines up very well with ring aswell, mostly used on non demon single target fights like iron reaver and kormrok.
    If you're looking at 2min + kills I don't think sandmans is bis. In reality it is only useful for big opener on short fights. Aka it is for whoring not executing fight mechanics, if you're not killing kormrok in 1.30 or less you're getting runes, a second jump etc at that point the trinket you choose doesn't matter cause you're never ranking anyway. Same with Reaver. I'd say 1min reaver, 1.5mins kormrok or it really doesn't matter.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by faxfan2002 View Post
    Vendor a 740 trinket, I could cry....
    Keep it just in case it somehow becomes not-awful in the future(prepatch or a bug that lets DoT ticks trigger it)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    If you're looking at 2min + kills I don't think sandmans is bis. In reality it is only useful for big opener on short fights. Aka it is for whoring not executing fight mechanics, if you're not killing kormrok in 1.30 or less you're getting runes, a second jump etc at that point the trinket you choose doesn't matter cause you're never ranking anyway. Same with Reaver. I'd say 1min reaver, 1.5mins kormrok or it really doesn't matter.
    Reaver I totally agree with you, kormrok not so much, if you are allowed to have starfall rolling during hands and not many other people touch them, that can make up for a lot of damage lost from having a 1.5min fight, ofc it will not compare to the 30-50 second fights, due to so much being flat out burst and during BL, but after those 50 seconds I can see one of the more common being 1min 45 sec - 2min and 15 sec being more common, because of the hands, which spikes our damage back up, but yes I would assume its limited to around 230-250k with very good luck, and with it proccing well and getting the 2nd ring and long lasting hands I can see this reaching 250k especially with sandman's pouch.

if it's between 1.5 min-2min I suppose the trinket doesn't really do anything compared to other trinkets though.
    Last edited by theburned; 2016-03-27 at 03:42 PM.

Reaver I totally agree with you, kormrok not so much, if you are allowed to have starfall rolling during hands and not many other people touch them
    Is that really a likely scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Is that really a likely scenario?
    likely, no, but if you have checked most top rankings for hellfire assault neither of those scenarios are likely either.... as it's assignable it doesn't really have to be likely.

likely, no, but if you have checked most top rankings for hellfire assault neither of those scenarios are likely either.... as it's assignable it doesn't really have to be likely.
    That will never be the case on Kormrok though given that it's down to speedkills instead of half the raid afking (and that's why the top parsing boomkins have zero damage on hands). Anyway, we're digressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    That will never be the case on Kormrok though given that it's down to speedkills instead of half the raid afking (and that's why the top parsing boomkins have zero damage on hands). Anyway, we're digressing.
    The kills for us are still around 1min 50 sec so its highly possible, and the first kills we did like this was okayish parses, but with a subpar legendary ring and a bad trinket it wasnt exactly good circumstances, where I got high damage on the hands, now they get focused down a lot quicker though, so even with better gear I do less damage, even with good openers.

Also digressing from what? the OP got his question answered so which trinket is best, why and in what situations are highly relevant I would say.