Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Weapon/Armor skill levels being removed... was a happy day.

What I didn't like being removed... Reforging. I like customisability.

Also profession perks. Professions currently are bloody pointless past gold making.
    reforging was not customisability. it was just mathematics and a lot of trips to icy-veins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Reforging, nor gemming/enchanting are actually real customisation.
    There is a right way, and a wrong way.
    You go the wrong way if you cant afford the right way, or are ignorant of the difference.
    Nothing with a numerical impact is truly optional, is really customisation.

Rubbish.
    Players only killed the community.
    Community is the choice to interact positively, yet look at the increased determination to segregate, to isolate yourselves with more "requirements" in the name of efficiency.

Talent trees with 90% being fixed and not optional without gimping yourself ?

No, it wasn't choice or customisation when there was just a right way of doing it, and everything else was wrong.

People do heroic and mythic raids still for a reason, so anyone claiming that lower difficulties spoils them is just lying, looking for a way to dictate that their preference is the only one that should exist.
    "You" don't give a damn about lower difficulties, which are by no means the same experience.
    Shows an ignorant and narrow-minded opinion.
    You are deciding you speak for everyone.

Epics were never "epic".
    Even in vanilla there were world drops requiring no effort, multiple tiers of "epics" each more so than the last, killing that idea completely.

Storylines that mean something to you ?
    Well that is subjective, and a poor argument.

Class diversity ?
    That is actually coming back a lot more, but you choose to ignore why there are some common tools.
    Requirements for a specific niche sucks in content where you are only likely to have, or will only have a fraction of the player classes or specs available.
    CC requirements sucked when only a small number, if not a single one could bring it, and if they weren't present you were screwed.
    You've typed an awful lot but made very little sense. You're just wrong in basically every single thing you typed.

"Players only killed the community"?! What utter balderdash. Game changes have killed the community. Server merges, raid finding, automatic group finders, and cross realm functionality all dilutes this, and there is nothing players can do about it. Now whether you think that is good or bad is entirely subjective, but I think it's a lamentable loss. Knowing my enemies was a critical element of my early love for this game. Vanquishing a known and crafty foe in the open world just doesn't happen anymore for barely anyone. Likewise in battlegrounds, where I used to know the name of every single one of my opponents, and I knew their skill level, traits, likely talents, and personality. Now I recognise no one EVER in any battleground and haven't done so for years. This stuff is the gold dust of community interaction, where bragging rights and competition can be, and was, a reason to play in of itself.

This community and human interaction binds people to the game. This has been removed by choices Blizzard have made, not the players. I don't even have a clue what you are talking about, but that seems to be a common theme in all your "thoughts" here.

As regards talent trees, I have played this game since Vanilla at every level. I never felt obliged to take specific talents. If you did feel obliged then that was your own fault. I loved the idea of trying to find new and interesting combinations that were not "cookie cutter". I once had an amazingly effective and brutal dps prot paladin build that no one else was using, but that I was using to get to 2400 in arenas. This type of creativity has been eliminated. That's just one example and one class, but this complexity is something that I love in MMOs. You might not like it, but I wasn't answering the OP on your behalf was I? I thought that was self evident. Clearly not.

"Epics were never 'Epic'". Give me a bloody break. In vanilla and in TBC epics WERE epic. They were hard to get as they dropped in small numbers in difficult raids that required 40 people to beat meaning they were also difficult to organise. Back when Molten Core was the main raid, 2 epics dropped per boss, for a 40 man raid meaning 2 people got loot from that boss. In that context epics were extremely rare. The vast majority of players were not clad in all epics. Many players had none, some had a few, and small numbers were head-to-toe.

And with regards storylines, ALL OF THIS IS SUBJECTIVE you silly person. This is all opinion. Most of us do not preface every thought with "in my opinion" as we are not constantly catering to low IQ pedants like you.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss profession specializations i.e. Master Hammersmith, being able to put work into a Profession and make cool shit for yourself.

What I don't miss, Ammo/Vanish powder/basically any reagents needed to be useful that would make you useless if you were to run out. Vanish powder also taking hours just to pick pocket a sizable amount to use for a week or 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evaida View Post
    "Players only killed the community"?! What utter balderdash. Game changes have killed the community. Server merges, raid finding, automatic group finders, and cross realm functionality all dilutes this, and there is nothing players can do about it.
    Ironically you say the Playerbase didn't kill it, then listed a bunch of things that were called for by the community because people wanted easier ways to find groups or flocked all to 1 server and left other servers dead. All these things that have also KEPT the game alive for all these years.

All things that if new MMO's fail to implement the PLAYERBASE and COMMUNITY complain about until they are.

Don't be daft.

All related to the playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Over the years, several things have been removed from the game. So im asking you:

What do you like that has been removed from the game?

What do you dislike that has been removed from the game?

For example, I LIKE that flying was removed from the game. I DISLIKE that weapon skill was removed from the game.

Your turn.
    i like benediction was removed from the game, its so qt with my tmog <3

i miss the weapon skills too! punching things as a priest was fun mwhahahaha

Deleted
    I dislike armor (PVP/PVE) and mounts being removed from the game (no way to get them anymore other then BMAH comeon)
    The removing of old dungeons and raids.
    |For me this is just a waist of dev time we paid for to create.

I would like for them to remove raid difficulty levels (1 or 2 raid tiers is fine)

i miss windfury/poison cleanse totems and auras. thorns sucked, so did the ap on inner fire so im glad those are gone.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    I liked when Jaylock was removed from the forums.

I disliked when their ban expired.

Post constructively
    LMFAO, and you get the warning, how ironic.

OT: I disliked when prospecting was removed from current ore this expansion, it still exists for old ore however, weird.

Deleted
    Like:

- old talent trees, weapon skills, minor QoL nuisances (like arrows, lock stones, candles)

Dislike:

- reforging, constant movement for warlocks (as seen in 2 first tiers of MoP), 10-man raiding

Like: new talent system

Dislike: reforging gone, they removed it because when hit/expertise we're still a thing it was impossible to reforge without help of external tools. Now that they're gone I think reforging would be very useful again.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...but if you still play, there must be things you enjoy?

I liked re-forging, but in reality I just went to a website and looked what to reforge to. I also feel that so many things the people now complain about not being fun or removed is because me stopped to think and explore ourselves. Treasure? Get Hand Notes and the complain the "content" was completed too quickly or claim it is no content for an MMO...stuff like that
    It's a weird thing, I stay subbed but I have a hard time enjoying things, I do one thing I enjoy and its level an alt with my friend, taking time with it. I guess thats why im still subbed. I personally agree with you on Re forging too, but I think it was better than just being stuck with a piece of gear because Ilvl other than being able to make it a bit better.

My biggest like:
    The token system. You get rewarded for how many dungeons you run, not your crappy luck.

My biggest dislike:
    The LFG tool. I haven't had any serious social interaction in a PvE environment since it was released.

Deleted
    Dislike
    Levelling rogue lockpicking only for it to be given to everyone without compensating for the effort people put into it.

Hunter improved ammo to increase your DPS and provide engineers with something to sell.

Hunter special hunter pets where you needed to go out into the world and actually hunt down.
    Warlock pets that were powerful but with a long cooldown.

Removing a load of quirky spells like eyes of the beast or the old corpse explosion.

Gimped hybrid classes. Due to the fact in TBC it took ages to level a class so if you were dps you were stuck as only that while hybrids essentially got two classes for the cost of levelling one.

Removing mage invis in beta then having mages suck in vanilla and TBC.
    Last edited by mmoc7ab228a6a0; 2016-03-27 at 07:55 PM.

Deleted

- Badge Vendors. Seriously, getting highly powerful gear from breezing through worthless dungeons is just asking for ruining any hope for a fair and sensible reward structure. There's other ways that involve less unnecessary entitlement to bring worthwhile rewards into lesser content.

Dislike

- Removal of Reforging (only to an extent; Having mained a Fury Warrior since pretty much halfway through Classic - Crit RNG isn't fun and hasn't been since it's first hardcoded introduction in MoP - WoD Fury could've direly used reforging at a lot of points).

- "Removal" of Flying. I can see the downsides and the upsides. The downsides aren't worth changing much here, but the QoL from the upsides not being utilized is a let-down as well.

- "Removal" of any worthwhile Dungeon or Profession Progression ( ^ not talking welfare-badges for fake-casuals);(albeit this stuff might be coming back in Legion, so this point might be moot soon).

- The "removal" (read: lack) of Fel Reaver - type dangers in the world.

I miss the server community feeling from vanilla.

I miss 10man hc/mythic

I'll miss a lot of abilities that will be removed in Legion.

I miss exclusive Legendaries.

I miss being 19 years old and having a lot more fun than I do today in this game.

Dislike : WoW's story going from dark to appeasement IE trying to make both sides "Good" and "Evil" in their own light. (Looking at you Siege of Orgrimmar and Garrosh)

Like: LFG. Shouting in LFG Chat for hours in Vanilla, especially on a low pop server was atrocious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like that has been removed: Reforging
    Dislike that has been removed: Old Naxxramas, Naxxramas Protodrakes, other raid achievements, MOP challange modes

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ..... What?
    What do you mean what?

Yo yo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctaPeppa View Post
    What do you mean what?
    I think he was referring to your comment about "Dark Knights" being removed, and being confused as to what exactly that is. I personally have no idea. The only Dark Knight reference I can find is Garithos from WC3.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I would like to have elitism removed from the game.

And i would like to have people who have fun with the game in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I think he was referring to your comment about "Dark Knights" being removed, and being confused as to what exactly that is. I personally have no idea. The only Dark Knight reference I can find is Garithos from WC3.
    Oh shit I just now noticed that typo, fixed

Yo yo