Page 58 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    TDK was pure brilliance. I doubt there will ever be another superhero movie that good.

We have what, 20-30 superhero movies since the 2000s? And nothing comes close.
    Agreed. TDK is probably my favourite film ever. The first time I saw it, it blew my mind, I kept getting distracted by how much I was enjoying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

X-men reignited the comic book movie genre, a lot of people say The Dark Knight and Iron Man shifted the market, although I think the biggest shift was The Avengers, since it made so much money, and made the studios think "cinematic universe = $$$". I remember back in 2014 when people seemingly identified 6 existing and up-and-coming movie universes, and 2 years later, we've juuust gotten a second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I liked the movie and will be picking it up on Blue Ray.

- - - Updated - - -

pulling statistics out of thin air doesn't make your case any better.
    It was just a guess because only 30% of people enjoyed it on RT. Of course its out of thin air.
    Its mostly directly at people who claimed it was enjoyable for most people.
    Chronomancer Club

Alot of people at my threater was pissed there was nothing after the credits.

Thats kinda another point AngryJoe made in his review. If the last thing people say about your movie is "What the fuck" then you did something wrong. Now don't get me wrong I don't expect every movie to have that little something extra. But the ending was lackluster.

Not many people are going to get why The dirt lifted alittle off of supermans coffin. So adding a little something would have been a smart idea IMO.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Both wrong. It was the Blade movies.
    Not at all actually. Blade came out in 1998, far before the neo-revolution of comic films. I can only assume you are joking.

Batman Begins was the earliest in this era of comic movies, releasing in 2005, but it wasn't used as a launching point into anything. I would say it primed the market for high quality superhero movies, at which point Iron man in 2008 blew those doors wide open and set the MCU on course. Even Marvel themselves have essentially said that RDJ was what allowed them do all of this...thus his insane salary.

In any case, imagine if Nolan's Batman series would have been the starting point for an entire universe. They wanted it dark and gritty, so it would have been pretty crazy. Unfortunately Bale and Nolan would never do anything like that, but it would have been miles better than this.

Edit: A lot of people will think X-men played a part, but in terms of the evolution and quality it really felt like it belonged firmly in the 90s all the way through X3. I would say First Class was their first genuine entry into this timeline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Agreed. TDK is probably my favourite film ever. The first time I saw it, it blew my mind, I kept getting distracted by how much I was enjoying it.
    I saw it in Imax and that movie had me hooked from the first shot out on the building all the way through the heist scene and then it was a rollercoaster to the end. We stopped talking about it because it's been so long, but TDK is one of the best movies I've seen in my entire life. From a technical perspective down to the actual acting, everything was pretty perfect. They even replaced Katie Holmes with the much better Maggie Gyllenhall. I mean Nolan just killed it with that film.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    most critics goes into a movie thinking it would be some oscar winning movie, i went to watch a super hero movie and thats what i got
    *nods*
    The difference between a commercial success and critical success.
    Most of these kind of movies are the former.
    And after seeing the domestic numbers (US) for Friday it's a safe bet that they'll be amping things up sooner rather than later. (over $80 million for Friday alone)

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    you know it was a crappy movie when people get more excited about a trailer shown (batman lego movie) than the actual movie
    Now that looks like a much better Batman movie.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    most critics goes into a movie thinking it would be some oscar winning movie, i went to watch a super hero movie and thats what i got
    I went in hoping for a less shit superhero movie than Man of Steel. It wasn't even that.

All I ask is that a movie entertain me. This movie was boring, dreary and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Am I the only person who thought it was the first X-men film that kicked off the superhero thang. Is it because I'm remembering histroy badly? I thought it was a roaring success (Stewart/McKellen kinda assured that) and it was basically off the back of that film that "Hollywood" realised there was a massive untapped market for bringing comic book films into the mainstream...

First X-Men film was good, right?
    Well IMO X-Men 1 was pretty good, X-Men 2 was really good (just short of great), and then the rest were a debacle. The last one seemed to be trying to inject some fun back into the series, but man what a mess.

I think the modern superhero movie phase kicked off with X-Men and the Raimi Spider-Man movies. Those were both big successes.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Superman films came before that, it was Iron Man that launched this Superhero bandwagon we are on now.
    Iron Man wasn't until 2008, X-Men was 2000 and Spider-Man was 2002. Superman Returns was 2006 if that's what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Both wrong. It was the Blade movies.
    Haha, funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Alot of people at my threater was pissed there was nothing after the credits.

Thats kinda another point AngryJoe made in his review. If the last thing people say about your movie is "What the fuck" then you did something wrong.
    People are confusing DC with Marvel and then they say it's the movie's fault. :x

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think the modern superhero movie phase kicked off with X-Men and the Raimi Spider-Man movies. Those were both big successes.

Iron Man wasn't until 2008, X-Men was 2000 and Spider-Man was 2002.
    I still think those movies were the end of the first era of modern super hero movies that started back in the 90s, Blade included. If you think about it, they started with promise but burned out hard and fast. Iron Man was what really lit the current generation of films. If DC had continued with Batman after Nolan's trilogy instead of starting with Man of Steel, then I could point to those movies as the concrete start.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thats kinda another point AngryJoe made in his review
    Angryjoe and his movie reviews make me feel like i am watching a 13 y/o brat, never took them seriously or finished watching one, he should stick to video games
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    the main problem of the movie is the same as alot of the comic book movies, no good villain.

jessie eisenberg fucked up lex luthor & doomsday was complete garbage CG monster. no real emotional investment in him.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I saw it in Imax and that movie had me hooked from the first shot out on the building all the way through the heist scene and then it was a rollercoaster to the end. We stopped talking about it because it's been so long, but TDK is one of the best movies I've seen in my entire life. From a technical perspective down to the actual acting, everything was pretty perfect. They even replaced Katie Holmes with the much better Maggie Gyllenhall. I mean Nolan just killed it with that film.
    I think part of the reason TDK is what it is, is because Nolan is not really a comics fan to boot. He set out to do good movies, he didnt try to give nerdgasm to people. Hes 2/3 on good batman movie, which is not bad for a single director lol. DKR was mediocre, but better then BvS still. They couldnt have continued the DC universe using his movies, superman and the like would make no sense, the movie did not really feel like fantasy or scifi.

Also for people saying Snyder not to blame, x not to blame for how average BvS is........... They all fucking saw the final cut, Snyder, WB, DC, the actors. If they thought this was "good", that just means they are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    the main problem of the movie is the same as alot of the comic book movies, no good villain.

jessie eisenberg fucked up lex luthor & doomsday was complete garbage CG monster. no real emotional investment in him.
    was a real shame they couldnt get the real doomsday to be in the movie
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    was a real shame they couldnt get the real doomsday to be in the movie
    He was still recovering after fellowship of the ring :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

Doomsday being CG aint the problem, whats the problem is that the design is garbage. He could have been CG, BUT LOOK LIKE SOMETHING ELSE THEN A CLUELESS TROLL FROM LOTR. My brother has a theory on why he looks so derpy. When the ship said Kryptonian anomaly, it just means that it was creating the Kryptonian equivalent of a trisomic.

Im with you on point one, hell when you think about it very few super heroes movie even have solid villain. The one that gets the most praise had the best villain, TDK. X-Men and X-Men 2 had solid villains. Batman Begin had a solid villain too which tied into the story. Hell the line of stand alone i enjoy the most from Marvel, captain america, dont exactly have a villain aside from red skull in the first one, which is not really much in the film to boot. Thor stand alone are shit, loki is shit. Avenger is like transformer one for me, i enjoyed it, loki is still shit. Ironman villains are shit in every movies lol, do anyone watch any of the ironman for their villains?
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-03-27 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Most people dont even know the name of the "purple guy" in those easter egg lol. TV shows were more mainstream then comic books couple decades ago. Marvel only popular show back then was X-Men, probably my top 2 favorite show as a kid. Hell im 100% certain more people know who Apocalypse is then Thanos. This is not even a discussion of DC vs Marvel, only some rabbit pointless fanboy would take it as that. Darkseid was featured multiple times on TV over decades. Thanos is an unknown for more people. So DC cant use the excuse that nobody fucking knows Darkseid or not mainstream enough so they got to rush him, if they rush him, its because they are dumb, which is obvious they are, because Zack Snyder still has his contract.

BvS is like 75% of the movie is that dumb pool scene in Age of Ultron. It doesent tell anybody outside of comic readers anything. They are laying down shit that random joe dont understand anyway. Marvel is just smart enough to do that for only 1% of a movie and make a good movie on its own. Ask 95+% of the audience that exits any marvel movie if they know what the IG is, they wont know, and thats fine because its not what the movie itself is ever about.
    i hear you, marvel makes 90% of their movies for people who arent comic book fans, only small parts or dialogues, plus the post credit scenes are for the fans.

But when DC/WB makes a movie targeting comic book fans they get slammed ? i counted 10 scenes and dialogues ripped directly word for word, line for line from comic books, and here lies the problem with critics and the move getting a bad rep.
    This maybe snyders biggest flaw in making this movie, he made it from the eyes of a comic book fan FOR comic book fans and it backfired.
    Last edited by A Dark Knight; 2016-03-27 at 04:35 PM.
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    i hear you, marvel makes 90% of their movies for people who arent comic book fans, only small parts or dialogues, plus the post credit scenes are for the fans.

But when DC/WB makes a movie targeting comic book fans they get slammed ? i counted 10 scenes and dialogues ripped directly word for word, line for line from comic books, and here lies the problem with critics and the move getting a bad rep.
    This maybe snyders biggest flaw in making this movie, he made it from the eyes of a comic book fan FOR comic book fans and it backfired.
    The movie was not executed right. It's not that it's comic book central, it's that there is no real development of the characters due to insane amount of clutter (good clutter, but it's simply not tied well together). There was unnecessary amount of Superman and Lois Lane romance which is pointless.

They should have started assembling the force like Marvel, start with standalone and tie all the movies together slowly. But nope.. we get BvS which has so much going that it detracts from its awesomness.
    -K

This maybe snyders biggest flaw in making this movie, he made it from the eyes of a comic book fan FOR comic book fans
    Except it is a bad move and should get bad rep. I want the movies with hero i like to be enjoyable experience for myself and others. This was just a mediocre experience for everyone. These heroes are the trinity FFS, it did not need 75% filler for the fan, BECAUSE EVERYBODY KNOW THEM. The only obscure thing to the general population would be Wonder Women origin, but they know who she is. Everybody knows Batman and Superman origin. When you make a movie, make it stand on its own or cut it in 2 and call it part one, with the next one coming next year.

People talking about Nolan movies is exactly what im saying. Nolan made stand alone films every single time. BB was its own movie, he could have never made another batman movie. Same for TDK. These movies werent filled with plugs for his next movie. Only BB had a single plug to the joker, 0.05% of the movie run time.

15+ Year Old Account
    You either die as a terrible superhero cast, or live long enough to become an epic one...