Mythic High Council- do the mirror images despawn after 45 seconds?

I have been told that this was fixed and that they no longer despawn. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I have been told that this was fixed and that they no longer despawn. Is that true?
    Windwalk:

"Jubei'thos disappears into the wind, summoning Mirror Images.

He will re-emerge after 45 seconds or when all the images have been defeated, whichever occurs first."

It's working as intended. Your sources should probably check the Dungeon Journal first, instead of spouting stupid stuff like "it was fixed". If anything, if they no longer despawn, that's the bug (but last I checked they still do). They despawn a few seconds after Jubei'thos re-emerges.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-03-27 at 11:51 PM.

"Fixed" implies it wasn't supposed to work that way.
    Yes, they do despawn after some time; If that's 45 seconds or more I don't know. You still have to kill half of them or more if you're in mythic though, or stack an abundance of healers, because you WILL have 15 images whirling for 13K/second every second if you don't (only interrupted shortly to throw out their blades after each whirl). That's a lot of damage.

They share damage taken with the real Jubei'thos.

You can try it yourself. If you start attacking Jubei'thos after he reappears they'll rapidly die. If you don't damage Jubei'thos (try dragging Dia on top of him) they'll stay up forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    They share damage taken with the real Jubei'thos.

You can try it yourself. If you start attacking Jubei'thos after he reappears they'll rapidly die. If you don't damage Jubei'thos (try dragging Dia on top of him) they'll stay up forever.
    Out of curiosity, does that mean that, when Jubei'thos is under Dia's invincibility aura, hitting the images directly does nothing at all to anyone?
    Or does Jubei'thos and the images get damaged despite Dia?
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way it works is he disappears and clones come up. 45 seconds later he reappears in his original location. 15 seconds after that his clones will despawn. As soon as he appears you may as well completely ignore the clones as any damage you do to him will spread out to the clones. So, everyone can jump back on him and his clones will simply die to damage or 15 seconds whichever happens first.

You can choose to jump to dia during that time but your healers are going to take alot of punishment because close clones throwing axes through your raid. It's best to have melee kill all close clones and then put all of their damage into dia. While the ranged kill the further ones to reduce damage.

When blademaster reappears switch to him and hard burn him. You should have enough damage to push him beyond 30% before his next disappearance. If so, just burn him down. If not, switch to dia and burn her to 35%. Then just kill clones til he appears. Kill blademaster, then kill dia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    You can choose to jump to dia during that time but your healers are going to take alot of punishment because close clones throwing axes through your raid. It's best to have melee kill all close clones and then put all of their damage into dia. While the ranged kill the further ones to reduce damage.
    The ideal way to deal with this mechanic is to use the right classes/spec for the right targets. That means the melee should only do the close ones and then go to Dia. The tricky part that most guilds don't notice though is that not all of the ranged should do the entire room of them, and have only a few - preferably the best specs for it like shadow priests - doing the furthest ones, in order to keep the raid together and ease raid healing and unnecessary overdamaging of adds (they die too fast if more than 2 are on a single one).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    Out of curiosity, does that mean that, when Jubei'thos is under Dia's invincibility aura, hitting the images directly does nothing at all to anyone?
    Or does Jubei'thos and the images get damaged despite Dia?
    I don't believe Dia affects the adds in any way
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    The way it works is he disappears and clones come up. 45 seconds later he reappears in his original location. 15 seconds after that his clones will despawn. As soon as he appears you may as well completely ignore the clones as any damage you do to him will spread out to the clones. So, everyone can jump back on him and his clones will simply die to damage or 15 seconds whichever happens first.

When blademaster reappears switch to him and hard burn him. You should have enough damage to push him beyond 30% before his next disappearance. If so, just burn him down. If not, switch to dia and burn her to 35%. Then just kill clones til he appears. Kill blademaster, then kill dia.
    Healers should be able to heal it fine at this point in Mythic with 10 ilevel upgrades.

We burn Jube as low as possible after Gurtogg dies and then yank Dia to where we were tanking Gurtogg/Jube to begin with when images come out. We only kill the images which could potentially hit the group with their spinning sword. Chain healing cooldowns as you see fit. But with 4-5 healers it should be easy.

Then we finish Jube before he goes into his second set of images. Even if that means Dia is at 50-60% because you'll shorten the fight by 2-3 minutes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222