Thread: The Division

Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    You guys still playing this? Even Force dumped it.
    First off who the hell is Force.

Second why do you clearly care? Don't like the game don't come to the thread about it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Youv got lots of health. Imo your dps is about 50k to low.
    Even if I dropped some health gear for firearms gear I may only peak at about 100k if even that. I guess I'll go check it out myself, but I don;t think 80k is too low depending on the mission. I did the daily two days ago perfectly fine. Russian Consulate is a different beast altogether. However I did read a guide on gearing and it said to farm Lexington Event Center until I'm mostly High-End geared. Still love the game regardless of the community though.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Even if I dropped some health gear for firearms gear I may only peak at about 100k if even that. I guess I'll go check it out myself, but I don;t think 80k is too low depending on the mission. I did the daily two days ago perfectly fine. Russian Consulate is a different beast altogether. However I did read a guide on gearing and it said to farm Lexington Event Center until I'm mostly High-End geared. Still love the game regardless of the community though.
    Personally I say 80k is the bare minimum for CM's. Lack of dps can be made up by being able to help CC alot so there really isn't a set number you need. If you can help keep things CCed and they die at a good rate then ur fine.

I rather have someone who knows what they are doing and lack in dps then someone thats a glass cannon that dies every 2sec.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just impressed the game has lasted on the top list on Steam as long as it is. That's freaking impressive honestly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm just impressed the game has lasted on the top list on Steam as long as it is. That's freaking impressive honestly.
    To be honest so have I. I think the drip feed of content will help as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Put the mobile cover onto the front door, use cover on the shield to clip through the door, activate the echo...wait for RP, kill end boss, restart and repeat. Takes about 2 mins when you learn how to do it. 16k credits, at least 2 purples and 1 blue, with chance at random yellows. It's not bullet king fast but its pretty decent for parts.

He makes the mobile cover clip look so difficult, its so damn easy you can do it in less then 2 seconds when you get use to it.
    The Hutch farm is a lot faster, in fact.

You clear MSG to the roof, then sprint across to the cover just below and to the right of Hutch's position. Clear the first couple of melee rushers if necessary (can largely ignore everything else) and empty a mag into Hutch. Clear next melee rushers if he's not dead, and finish Hutch off.

He won't drop anything, but he will spawn an unnamed clone in the door below him. Kill that clone (which will drop loot + PXC) and then die/respawn (you can pick up or leave the loot, it'll stay). Rinse/repeat.

It's a lot faster than Academy (which isn't even close to 2 minutes for a full run).
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Still hoping for a CM fix, Just can't bring myself to do them which is killing my interest in playing. Honestly maybe if it was a weekly thing that would be better. I mean in Destiny I was always willing to do Nightfall at least once a week but don't think I'd enjoy doing it everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Still hoping for a CM fix, Just can't bring myself to do them which is killing my interest in playing. Honestly maybe if it was a weekly thing that would be better. I mean in Destiny I was always willing to do Nightfall at least once a week but don't think I'd enjoy doing it everyday.
    I think Challenge modes are more like Strikes and Operations will be more like the nightfall/raid. I am actually hoping operations aren't the equivalent to raids. I'd love to see some 8 player stuff personally. Maybe the expansions? However I do have to ask, what is your problem with challenge missions?

Deleted
    Im pretty damn annoyed with this game now.

If you dont have luck and get good yellow items from challenge mode you need to craft and ofc EVERYTHING on an item you craft is fucking random so they will be shit all the time anyway. And you have to farm materials over and over. Would atleast be nice if yellows and statics talents or 2 of 3 or whatever.

Electronics seems useless as thats what I wanna play but you nerf your firearms so much by doing it so its not wroth it. Cant activate the weapon talents and if you do you wont have enough electronics to make it worth it.

4-5 same enemies and the same damn bosses. No tactics what so ever to kill them. Dark Zone is boring now when there is no penalty to die or go rogue, was fun before.

The yellow Division Tech needed to craft items... its so damn rare. I dont mind to farm but when you farm and the items you craft and find have EVERYTHING 100% random its fucking annoying. Have yet to find a decent item near 4 days playtime while my friend have really good gear.

This game have so, SO many broken bugs too. So man exploits and just skills not going off and what not.

No thanks.

Destiny was better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post

If you dont have luck and get good yellow items from challenge mode you need to craft and ofc EVERYTHING on an item you craft is fucking random so they will be shit all the time anyway. And you have to farm materials over and over. Would atleast be nice if yellows and statics talents or 2 of 3 or whatever.

Electronics seems useless as thats what I wanna play but you nerf your firearms so much by doing it so its not wroth it. Cant activate the weapon talents and if you do you wont have enough electronics to make it worth it.

4-5 same enemies and the same damn bosses. No tactics what so ever to kill them. Dark Zone is boring now when there is no penalty to die or go rogue, was fun before.

The yellow Division Tech needed to craft items... its so damn rare. I dont mind to farm but when you farm and the items you craft and find have EVERYTHING 100% random its fucking annoying. Have yet to find a decent item near 4 days playtime while my friend have really good gear.

This game have so, SO many broken bugs too. So man exploits and just skills not going off and what not.

No thanks.

Technically...the best gear in the game comes from crafting regardless....Getting HE's before then just makes grinding the materials/PC easier. Also, lets wait for the gear we see drop from operations. It says set items....so I'm going to assume these will be great pieces of gear that will have extra bonuses of some sort.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-03-27 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Technically...the best gear in the game comes from crafting regardless....Getting HE's before then just makes grinding the materials/PC easier. Also, lets wait for the gear we see drop from operations. It says set items....so I'm going to assume these will be great pieces of gear that will have extra bonuses of some sort.
    I know crafting is the best but its still annoying that everything on a crafted item is 100% random. Would have been nice with some static talents so after crafting 50 weapons they all have 3 useless talents.

10+ Year Old Account

No thanks.

What Broken Bugs and exploits and such are you referring to. Might be nice to get specifics.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Having crafting be relevant and a productive path to creating useful end-game gear means it's actually a useful tool, not a pointless bit of faff nobody bothers with. And you're basically complaining that crafting is useful, here.

1> If you're going solo, then yes, low Firearms is a bad idea, as skills are meant to supplement, not replace, gunplay. In a team, this stops being true, as you can easily spec to focus on healing/CC and let your buddies mow things down.
    2> Activating weapon talents isn't a requirement. What you're basically doing is using a weapon that isn't optimal for your build, because it relies on stats you're not trying to focus on.

I think Challenge modes are more like Strikes and Operations will be more like the nightfall/raid. I am actually hoping operations aren't the equivalent to raids. I'd love to see some 8 player stuff personally. Maybe the expansions? However I do have to ask, what is your problem with challenge missions?
    Problem is Destiny had a better matchmaking system. Thanks to light levels the system always made sure you were grouped with players with gear levels similar to your own. Division doesn't have a system like that so it's always a dice roll on whether or not you get a group where everyone has proper gear for it. Really hoping that gear score will be this games light levels and that the matchmaking system will take it into account.

80k is barely what starting 30s have. Yes thats pretty low and most likely why your getting the boot. Run DZ heaps and get gear there. All the PC in the world cant help you get rank 50 in DZ which is what you need for those boss yellow patterns. I only have about 3 yellows and im running 140k dps 35kish hp and 13k ish skillpower. Everything is firearms cept for the holster.

I rather have someone who knows what they are doing and lack in dps then someone thats a glass cannon that dies every 2sec.
    I dunno dude, in CM seems dps is more needed to down those mobs faster than survive longer.

I know crafting is the best but its still annoying that everything on a crafted item is 100% random. Would have been nice with some static talents so after crafting 50 weapons they all have 3 useless talents.
    I will absolutely agree the crafted stuff should at the least have static talents. Maybe random stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    80k is barely what starting 30s have. Yes thats pretty low and most likely why your getting the boot. Run DZ heaps and get gear there. All the PC in the world cant help you get rank 50 in DZ which is what you need for those boss yellow patterns. I only have about 3 yellows and im running 140k dps 35kish hp and 13k ish skillpower. Everything is firearms cept for the holster.

I dunno dude, in CM seems dps is more needed to down those mobs faster than survive longer.
    Considering Ive been thirty for about a week and a half and started out at 30 with about 40k dps...I'm not sure I'd agree 80k is where new 30s start....granted maybe i did things wrong...but it is what it is. I'm just running Lexington over and over. Too bad I'm not getting lucky with the drops. I definitely understand SOME challenge modes I should be kicked from(russian consulate being one of them) but not all of them.

Armor is actually the go to stat to stack, because you don't have to sacrifice any of the primary stats for it(i.e. you can stack Armor AND Firearms, but you can't stack both Firearms and Stamina or any other combo, except on Holsters which can have all three).

I crafted/recalibrated some gear and I'm at nearly 65% mitigation now. I notice a big difference. I was doing Lexington and the sniper at the end didn't do much damage to me when before they nearly one shot me. Armor cap + smart cover + support station = a LOT of survivability in CMs.

I will agree that the RNG of the crafting can be annoying as hell with how hard some of the mats are to get. I wish armor would require just fabric as I(and I'm assuming everyone else)has tons and tons of it while the other item mats are very scarce. Or at least give the option of spending extra fabric to bypass spending the other required mat. I crafted a near perfect knee pads today but unfortunately the Firearms roll was low(477 on a scale of 475-525, what BS)so now I have to spend PCs to recalibrate and try to get a higher roll.

Once player trading comes into the game I think a lot of these woes will be alleviated. Hopefully that and the Operation will add a breath of fresh air to the game. Right now its getting a bit stale but admittedly I'm at over 80 hours played already(and that's nowhere near some of the real hardcore players). The overall gameplay is quite fun and playing with friends is a blast, that's what keeps me in it.

So honest question regarding blueprints....what should I be aiming for after obtaining the vector? Don't know if people used crafting or just relied on drops to complete gear out. I know the PC nerf kind of fucked me compared to early max levelers but I just dont know if there's specific weapon blueprints I should focus on, or aim for gear .

Deleted
    get the sta/firearms equipment first, then mods (both weapon and armor), then tech.

Or the Black Market AK.

Deleted
    Just crafted this...very first mp5 I craft too...DPS is a little low since none of the scopes I have will fit onto this, need to craft a new one.