Thread: Vengeance PvP

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vengeance PvP

Has any one tested it out yet, or have any videos of it? I feel like it could be really fun, especially once you get pvp lvl 16 and your taunt ups your dmg by 205 on your target.

Deleted
    I'm worried about this because i was thinking about maining Vengeance DH in PvP once Legion comes out.

But there are zero videos on youtube and no one is talking about it...so maybe it was a bad idea?

Vengeance looks a lot cooler than Havoc to me, too bad you don't get glaives tho :c Would also like to see more people try it out in PVP

You can actually check out EGTactics twitch channel. He pvps strictly as Demon hunter. Theres really no order to his Vods though. You just gotta scroll through them to try and find the vengeance spec ones.

https://www.twitch.tv/egtactics/profile

There is one where he is vengeance spec in dalaran sewers and unkillable thanks to the pvp tank talent heh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mindghosts View Post
    Vengeance looks a lot cooler than Havoc to me, too bad you don't get glaives tho :c Would also like to see more people try it out in PVP
    that's true, but you do get some kind of tonfa looking thing, which is equally as cool. really looking forward to rolling my DH now. thinking I may go vengeance, as they look like decent tanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Havoc has Inprison which is basically an instant cast Cyclone that also takes 1/4 of the target's life on a 30s CD. It's 360noscopeezmode2cool4schooldankmemecentralop and combine that with the crazy burst and crazier leech Havoc has, they are just outshining Vengeance in every way right now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Imprison will be reduced in its duration and the amount of leech will be reduced as well. That's just a guess.
    I know they sometimes let silly things slip into PvP, but that right there screams "alphaaaaaaa!". The numbers aren't final either. Right now, Vengeance hits like a wet noodle... even worse than a tank should, in PvP.

I tested it a bit on the alpha but the self healing is really broken in PvP (in a bad way). I'm pretty confident it's some sort of scaling bug, but consuming soul fragments healed for almost nothing (30k crit heals when sitting at > 2M max health). With so much of the spec's survivability built in to the self healing aspect, it's hard to get a feel of how it should really play out, so I'll put PvP as Vengeance on hold for a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I'm worried about this because i was thinking about maining Vengeance DH in PvP once Legion comes out.

But there are zero videos on youtube and no one is talking about it...so maybe it was a bad idea?
    Maining a tank spec in PVP is always a bad idea you mook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Not if it does more damage and has more utility than it's dps counterpart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Are you serious? Swifty's Warrior dueling main spec is always Tank. And he admits to lose everytime he plays another spec.

If you have a healer in Arena the DPS spec is always better. But if you want to go "double DPS" in 2v2 sometimes Tank is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Are you serious? Swifty's Warrior dueling main spec is always Tank. And he admits to lose everytime he plays another spec.

If you have a healer in Arena the DPS spec is always better. But if you want to go "double DPS" in 2v2 sometimes Tank is better.
    Please refrain from using swifty as any form of example

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Not if it does more damage and has more utility than it's dps counterpart.
    When tanks have more damade, somebody fucked up. As in, it shouldn't be.
    I'm curious how they'll make tanks viable, though. Because right now I view them as abominations, usually throwing up a bit when I see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumrocks View Post
    When tanks have more damade, somebody fucked up. As in, it shouldn't be.
    I'm curious how they'll make tanks viable, though. Because right now I view them as abominations, usually throwing up a bit when I see them.
    Well.. duh.

You obviously don't want a tank in your arena team, or even in your average battleground.
    But for CTF and CTF-like maps you actually do want one.

Vengeance Mobility is awesome, espically with higher honor talents.

Sadly, I didn't get to play while I still had access to all of the talents in a BG setting(only the Underbelly). That damned Honor Talent wipe >.<

From what I've seen in Alpha, they could be good for RBG's/Standard BG damage sponges.

Their damage is very low & the sigil's don't really work well without going in a FULL sigil spec. People run out of range of them REALLY fast.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2016-03-29 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Vengeance Mobility is awesome, espically with higher honor talents.

Sadly, I didn't get to play while I still had access to all of the talents in a BG setting(only the Underbelly). That damned Honor Talent wipe >.<

From what I've seen in Alpha, they could be good for RBG's/Standard BG damage sponges.

Their damage is very low & the sigil's don't really work well without going in a FULL sigil spec. People run out of range of them REALLY fast.
    quick question how is the self healing compared to something like death knight ?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I remember in the finalboss video vengeance isn't enabled for the pvp realm on alpha yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    From what I remember in the finalboss video vengeance isn't enabled for the pvp realm on alpha yet.
    It most definitely is. It bugs out a lot and won't let you while some others, are able to switch freely. Odd little bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoda View Post
    quick question how is the self healing compared to something like death knight ?
    Their self healing is great and with this latest build, going to be even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    It most definitely is. It bugs out a lot and won't let you while some others, are able to switch freely. Odd little bug.
    Dope. Got any footage EG?

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    Dope. Got any footage EG?
    Sadly, only footage I have is an ability highlight. I tried all of today switching specs but no luck.

A lot changed for Vengeance in this latest build tho so that video is outdated quite a bit.