10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lot of faith in Duncan Jones. He's proven to be an excellent film maker and director thusfar.

However, I've gotta admit...I'm super skeptical on this. Really hoping I'm wrong.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you seriously arguing about physics and sword fighting over a fantasy movie adapted from a fantasy video game?

yeah, this forum is cursed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love everything about this Movie! Hope blizzards makes many more and with all the lore we have, this can be the 1st of over 10 Movies!!! I will watch them all!!!

I have Promised my self to go and watch this movie on the teather 4 times!!! I will support this awesome idea and this awesome Movie!!

Keep it up blizzard, I will support your great ideas!!!

Do comicbook fans go through the same limbo-like torture? Forums filled with people ripping a movie apart by its trailer with really, really stupid arguments?

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Well, the movie does look dumb as fuck.

And are people in this thread seriously arguing that the massive strength and size advantage the orcs have over humans in the movie isn't meaningful? We see an orc basically overhead pressing a warhorse. That horse must've weighed a ton. This orc isn't slightly stronger than a human, it's much more than ten times as strong. And their entire army is composed out of fighters with this massive size and strength advantage. Orcs vs. Humans wouldn't be a fight at all. The battle lines would simply make contact with each other, the human lines would instantly shatter, fully-armored human bodies flying in all directions as even the mildest orc blows catapult them off their feet, shatter their bones, and rupture their internal organs. The battle would be lost seconds after it started.

I mean, the romans were constantly worried about how much bigger and stronger the germans were than them, and later always wanted as many of them as possible to serve in their legions once they started recruiting them, because their superior size made them superior soldiers, and when the german tribes started adopting the same military tactics the romans had used to beat them (transmitted to the germans through retiring german legionaries returning home) to fight the romans on equal terms, they started crushing them partially because of this advantage. And that advantage was tiny compared to the one the orcs have over the humans in this movie. The orcs in this movie could probably beat entire human armies just by throwing big rocks at them (apparently they can launch 1000kg+ projectiles at people with their bare hands just fine, which is enough to crush anyone it hits no matter how much armor they wear or how braced their shields are), without ever having to actually fight them in hand-to-hand combat, other than maybe to clean up a few stragglers.

Of course, it's a movie, and we know blizz' writers are terrible, so it's doubtful any of this is even going to be mentioned by the characters in the movie, and everybody's just gonna behave as if the humans actually would stand a chance despite the lore established by the movie, but that's because what happens in movies, unlike what happens in reality, doesn't necessarily have to obey any rules at all. They could have a random, unnamed 6 year old girl beat up the entire orc invasion force bare-handed in a dress and anybody complaining about that would be no more right than those currently complaining about how stupid the idea is that the movie's humans would be able to fight the movie's orcs. Either case is hard to accept in a movie that tries to take itself seriously, though.
    That orc clearly popped a trinket and had a few str procs.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Do comicbook fans go through the same limbo-like torture? Forums filled with people ripping a movie apart by its trailer with really, really stupid arguments?
    Yes. Yes, they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garneroutlaw View Post
    It will be a big flop considering 100 million budget. It might gross half of that.
    You're forgetting China.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Come to correct me when I'm wrong but they are 2-3 years late with the movie, the WoW train has been long gone and only the "old, sad, tired and nostalgy-thirsty nerds" (like myself) will watch the movie. Critics are going to obliterate it and nobody's going to remember it more than they do such classics as Battlefield Earth or Max Payne. I'd be happy to be wrong though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Come to correct me when I'm wrong but they are 2-3 years late with the movie, the WoW train has been long gone and only the "old, sad, tired and nostalgy-thirsty nerds" (like myself) will watch the movie. Critics are going to obliterate it and nobody's going to remember it more than they do such classics as Battlefield Earth or Max Payne. I'd be happy to be wrong though.
    WoW had 10 million subs not so long ago (when WoD came out)
    So i dont know where you get that the WoW train has been long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    They're not really aiming for the fans with this movie. They want to establish the Warcraft Cinematic Universe in the same way Marvel has: References for the fans, movies for everyone.

I don't see why this movie would fail, Avatar was a success, the Hobbit was a success, CGI sells, fantasy sells. WoW and Hearthstone aren't supposed to make this movie succesful, a few million fans don't mean that much in box office.

If anything, it's the other way around, the movie will draw new players into the games, while being completely independent to them.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-03-27 at 05:04 PM.

The movie will do well due to its IP, but being a huge moneymaker doesn't instantly make it a good movie. I've yet to find someone who thought Transformers 4 was good, and look at how much that earned. They also said the movie will try to appeal to both fans and people who are new to the franchise, but with all the retcons I doubt that they're gonna make the fans happy. Atleast the ones that are willing to criticize.

The marketing of this movie so far has been really bad, no one in my country except the ones who know Warcraft knows that this movie is coming out in a few months. We've yet to see a trailer on TV, to see anything on the news, I haven't even seen a trailer last Friday when I went to see Batman vs Superman. For a summer blockbuster movie, its still very much in the shadows.

I think it's fine to be critical over this movie since we're so involved with Bliz and Warcraft. We want things to be accurate and related to WoW. But if you say you're not going to see the movie at all or just completely hate everything about it then you're probably not a real WoW fan. Bliz isn't a movie studio, we're lucky there's a movie at all. Most will enjoy it just because it's Warcraft. I do t doubt that it may be very generic or that it will be a flop. That's mainly because most people don't actually know anything about WoW lore and WoW has sort of a negative stereotype in pop-culture.

Hopefully it will be a surprising success and pump some life and money into WoW.

I think most of the people who complain, have way too high expectations of this movie. Seriously. There are times when I read some posts here and I get the impression that some folks expected a master-piece, a movie that hits the top of the box office charts, breaks the curse of the video game movie and maybe even get a few Oscars along the way /s.

I believe we should all go to see the movie with an attitude that what we're getting is a normal, fun action-packed movie based on the games and universe we've enjoyed exploring in WoW or Warcraft RTS games. That's it. And I'm sure the movie can deliver on that front - it might not be a major hit, but it sure as hell can be a decent, enjoyable movie - maybe not the best you've seen, but definetely worth the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    Are you seriously arguing about physics and sword fighting over a fantasy movie adapted from a fantasy video game?

It's science, bro. SCIENCE!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That orc clearly popped a trinket and had a few str procs.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=6662/elixir-of-giant-growth
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post

In other words, you wouldn't mind a completely random movie where nothing makes sense?

Even in a fantasy movie, there's an internal logic which it must adhere to.

Deleted
    Did you mean "The movie looks decent and expensive as hell"?

I don't quite follow you
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-03-27 at 07:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Did you mean "The movie looks good and expensive as hell"?

I don't quite follow you

Yea.......looks really good and believeable

Deleted
    LoL i admit that Mage looks like a nerdy one but the rest of the movie looks really expensive. Have you seen the new trailer?
    Stuff like this can't be cheap. The Budget for this movie was 100 million$. That is so expensive :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    LoL i admit that Mage looks like a nerdy one but the rest of the movie looks really expensive. Have you seen the new trailer?
    Stuff like this can't be cheap. The Budget for this movie was 100 million$. That is so expensive :S

It looks really bad when their CGI clashes with real live actors.

Because the CGI looks like game trailer CGI and that would be fine.........if it werent for the badly made real life sets and actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    WoW had 10 million subs not so long ago (when WoD came out)
    So i dont know where you get that the WoW train has been long gone.
    I meant that in the sense that heydays of WoW's publicity have declined. It's no longer the hot stuff. Alive and kicking, yes, but not the shit.