Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    This part here in the OP:
    aside from their education qualities we are looking for somewhere with good living qualities and possible future jobs.
    There are both good living qualities and possible future jobs in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    This part here in the OP:
    aside from their education qualities we are looking for somewhere with good living qualities and possible future jobs.
    The United States is huge. There are a lot of opportunities here, and plenty of future possible jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The United States is huge. There are a lot of opportunities here, and plenty of future possible jobs.
    No, job opportunities for "conductor" are slim to none.

He'd have to go to a major city and hope that there aren't a hundred others with better qualifications and experience that aren't waiting in queue.

15+ Year Old Account
    ...Cmon! Iran isn't THAT bad... :P

On a side-note, I'm on the same page as you with the exception that I have actually got my immigration visa and I'll be going to US in summer. I think that it's also important to be able to "cope" with western lifestyles and their way of life, Cuz I've seen some of the folk here who were acting to immigrate who were like...all dressed head to toe in chador and I was like..."why the F are YOU trying to go there? Is Iran not "islamic" enough for you?" I think that if you have trouble with that then it's not going to be wise to immigrate.

so first of all I think you should prepare yourself for the psycological and mental pressure of immigrating and changing your lifestyle.

besides, are you really going to "study" or are you just using the university as an excuse to migrate and then act to get some kind of permanent stay permit? cuz folk have been doing that and to my knowledge european countries will not go easy on you if you're trying to pull that sort of trick off.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2016-03-27 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post

On a side-note, I'm on the same page as you with the exception that I have actually got my immigration visa and I'll be going to US in summer. I think that it's also important to be able to "cope" with western lifestyles and their way of life, Cuz I've seen some of the folk here who were acting to immigrate who were like...all dressed head to toe in chador and I was like..."why the F are YOU trying to go there? Is Iran not "islamic" enough for you?" I think that if you have trouble with that then it's not going to be wise to immigrate.

so first of all I think you should prepare yourself for the psycological and mental pressure of immigrating and changing your lifestyle.

besides, are you really going to "study" or are you just using the university as an excuse to migrate and then act to get some kind of permanent stay permit? cuz folk have been doing that and to my knowledge european countries will not go easy on you if you're trying to pull that sort of trick off.
    I feel like that kind of attitude is understandable though. Kowtowing to nativist propaganda is absolutely NOT the best way to assimilate into Western culture, it will just make you look like a tool who's trying way too hard to be white and, quite frankly, is throwing away a lot of what makes you interesting and unique in the process. Best to just be yourself and don't try too hard to fit in.

What would be the country of origin? It's quite a lot relative to that.
    Another side note, your field of study is hardly the hot stuff anywhere. Getting enrolled in an university may be a matter of small-ish effort, but scoring a job can give you hard time.

Not sure about music, but my niece is studying medicine in Singapore right now. The cost (both living and classes) is a lot less than the U.S. Roughly about half. Text books and health care are cheap (always something to consider). The Singaporean government also subsidize her study. All she has to do is work for them for three years after she graduate. This is specific to medical students though.

Deleted
    Any particular continent you have a preference for? It might help with advice!

Deleted
    Why always the US or Europe though? Why not central Africa or Asia?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Syria might have some room in their universities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    I feel like that kind of attitude is understandable though. Kowtowing to nativist propaganda is absolutely NOT the best way to assimilate into Western culture, it will just make you look like a tool who's trying way too hard to be white and, quite frankly, is throwing away a lot of what makes you interesting and unique in the process. Best to just be yourself and don't try too hard to fit in.
    and shutting yourself and your family and refusing to assimilate and accept the culture of the country you're migrating to isn't going to help either. I'm actually against denying your heritage and fully assimilating yourself inside a foreign country to the point of forgetting your roots, but blindly sticking to outdated and traditional beliefs is going to be problematic too.

I think an important question is what sort of climate do you want to live in? Do you want some place cold? Or warm/tropical?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Just a word of caution. Asian universities are very competitive at the undergrad level. The majority of the students (like 99%) are full-time students. They have nothing to do but make their grades.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    You wanna change from one useless degree to another? I guess it doesn't matter where you go because you won't find any jobs anywhere..

Location: Islamic republic of Hell? lol anywhere in Europe won't help you then
    Bill Murray agrees: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OEIYdcUu18
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Why on Earth would anyone waste their time & money studying French Literature.....?

I'm not sure that there are any places in dire need of French literature experts or piano players/music conductors so you might want to save more money and buy a property or change your profession.

Not to be harsh but shouldn't you have thought of this before picking your major?
    well I love art and literature and money has never been a problem, and i make more than most of my friends. i make 18$/hour teaching piano. + teaching french language gets me 22$/hour. thats way more than any engineers salary in Iran, i.e around 3-5$/hour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post

here in Iran we have different "layers" of society, im in the layer that lives most closely to a western modernity than an islamic extremist way. like i got married to my girlfriend, i brew beer and i spend most of my weekends partying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Any particular continent you have a preference for? It might help with advice!
    I prefer Europe, no offend but i dont really like U.S and its culture/art/political situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Austria might be decent. I see an unlikely high amount of asians whenever I pass the classical music universities. The living expenses are lower than in the nordic countries, so the 36k will last you longer. Studying itself is inexpensive, even for non-EU citizens. The climate is great, unpolluted nature is everywhere, mountains for skying wherever you want, the adriatic sea is very close. Winters aren't that cold, summers aren't hot, there's lots of sun as well.

And since you're into piano and conducting, it has a great tradition. Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, Schubert, Strauss, etc... and just over the border there were dudes like Bach, Pachebel, Wagner, Mendelssohn, Brahms, etc etc. All locals, so to say. Opera, classical concerts and the likes are in a decent place here.
    yeah that amount of attention towards classical music is really tempting ! we'll definitely apply for Auckland now thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    While you wont be able to apply for the skilled occupation visa in australia with your current education, if you are really serious about moving to a country as far away from islamic policies as possible, I would still have a look at http://www.visabureau.com/australia/...tion-list.aspx , you could get a carpenter's degree within a year and a half while your wife could for example become a nurse, this would get you going and you could look into additional education in your field after reaching permanent residentship. Carpenters are generally well paid in australia (35-85$/hour) and there is plenty of work.

- Additionally, I'd go through a working holiday first, Iran has recently signed a working holiday visa agreement with australia, so you can come to australia for a year, if you decide to work on a farm for 88 days you can get another year on top of it. + incase you manage to find a sponsorship you could theoretically stay in the country indefinately even without the skilled occupation program.
    This person is trying to kill you. Australia is where all the scary creatures live.

Come to Canada. We love everyone!

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea about musical degrees, but for what country to live in just check standard of living indexes. They can give a good clue to social support systems, opportunities, safety, social life etc.

Then again, you could always move again after finishing university or later for work.

I wouldn't advise England.

The government seem to be doing everything they can to discourage non-EU immigrants at the moment.

A university visa would probably be okay, but getting a work visa after that might be difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    I wouldn't advise England.

The government seem to be doing everything they can to discourage non-EU immigrants at the moment.

A university visa would probably be okay, but getting a work visa after that might be difficult.
    yeah and the most beyond-border TV channel of iran is in England , which is running mostly by Iranian students living in EU... Iranians are welcome in most of places because we are not extremists and we used to be the world 7th power just 30 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Scotlands probably not a bad call then, education is really quite cheap here and we have some of the best universities in the world with entry usually being not that difficult honestly, plus if you decide to have kids they get their education for free. You'll probably appreciate the party scene quite a lot as well, I sure as hell do.

Might be a bit of a bitch to get entry here though, I'm currently applying for a limited visa for Iran and its an arseache and a half, so I imagine it will be even more difficult the other way round.
    thanks alot man! we will totally consider Scotland then!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Just a word of caution. Asian universities are very competitive at the undergrad level. The majority of the students (like 99%) are full-time students. They have nothing to do but make their grades.
    yeah I've seen that scene even here in Iran! sadly they don't even know what they are studying for or what they would with their lives!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post
    This person is trying to kill you. Australia is where all the scary creatures live.

Canada is very good for us since I know French, but its too cold for my wife's sunbathing / pool hobbies

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axphism View Post

Canada is very good for us since I know French, but its too cold for my wife's sunbathing / pool hobbies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazgaraspa View Post
    I live in the most southern part of Ontario, and summer times gets into the 40° range. Winters get cold, but even then this winter we had very little snow. It's around 20° here today -- that's not bad for the end of March.

If your better half enjoys beach weather all year long, then yeah Canada probably isn't the best fit .