View Poll Results: Would you kick someone just because they aren't as good as you?

Voters
481. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I'm not having someone slow us down.

51 10.60%
  • No, everyone deserves a chance.

203 42.20%
  • If they slow us down.

115 23.91%
  • I would kick the jerk trying to kick them.

112 23.28%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    you expect new players on LOWLEVELS to do the same you do ???

are you fucking dumb ?
    Yeah, I do. It's even easier to play well when you're level 18 and have an entire two spells.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    This poll restores some of my faith in the WoW community, back in Cata in my first heroic (Throne of the Tides) I had no clue what i was doing. Instead of kicking me for "slacking" the group took it upon itself to teach me. In that run I learnt how to interrupt, CC, nuke down a priority mob etc. Without those guys I would still be floundering in outdoor content. So no, unless someone is offensive to another group member I would never kick someone because everyone deserves the chance to learn.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Yeah, I do. It's even easier to play well when you're level 18 and have an entire two spells.
    When you're a new player, especially to MMOs, you might not know things about itemization, or aggro radiuses, or proper armor types, or even how your resource works. The tutorial at early levels only goes so far, and really, weren't we all kind of spazzy when we played our first MMO? I remember wanting to run around and explore more than anything else.

It takes time, experience, and patient players sharing knowledge without being needlessly harsh to help them get to a decent level of play.

I am the guy be kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    During leveling? Nah I wouldn't kick. I'd rather support new players who enter this slowly dying game then get them upset and potentially to quit.

end game? Yes, if they are doing significantly less than the rest of the raid (averaging) then yes I would have no problems kicking. Same with pvp. If we are in an RBG and they are just pulling some stupid shit. They are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Depends entirely on whether or not the group can succeed without them and their attitude toward improving.

If they are an apologetic player in need of advice and guidance, I'd at least try to help them out there. If it's just a silent run and they make one or two mistakes but are still contributing enough that the group will succeed, I see no reason to kick them.

People who kick people for being worse players than them when on average the group is still good enough to succeed, I'm more likely to kick them, honestly. Being an 'above average' player isn't license to treat the rest of the group like props.

A low level dungeon? Why bother. A character fully decked out in heirlooms can solo them. Heck, the only reason you use the group finder is for the teleport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I wouldn't be able to play with anyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they are in white gear, no talents and is tank or healer, YES
    If they are atleast trying to do their role...most likely not, unless they are grade A shitters then id kick em

Might be off-topic: Kicked several ppl when doing Timewalking in Old Kingdom, i tell em to NOT attack/interupt my marked Spellflinger and then go and attack it and i kick em, then i get angry whispers
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

if they're doing badly but willing to learn, I've no problem keeping them in the group. if they're an arse about it that's a different story

If they're trying, I'm not going to fuss one way or another. Most of the time dungeons don't even last long enough for the option to present itself, even if somebody isn't playing optimally. It's certainly not worth starting something over. Now if I catch somebody leeching, like only fighting bosses and ignoring trash, or I see a guy auto-following for a sizable chunk of the dungeon, yeah I'm going to make it a point to get this guy out of the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will kick you if you repeatedly wipe the group and effectively prevent us from completing the dungeon.
    I will warn you once, to give you the opportunity to pause netflix and stop slacking though, because I do not enjoy having to kick people. (Worked before)

If the run goes smoothly and I can keep everyone alive (healer) I probably glance at recount, roll my eyes if you are very far below what you should be theoretically be capable of but won't say anything I will however speak up if you take enough avoidable damage for me to start struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Sorry, is it being an asshole to expect basic competency in a game where cooperation is key? If you want to go be a shitter go play Skyrim or play on an RP server or something. If you want to do group content with other people you better pull your weight.
    yes it is being an a-hole congrats you just found how normal people percive you its first step to recovery to being a normal human being with minimum of decency

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    are you fucking dumb ?
    i would be careful sarcasm can be way to hard for him looking at the his behaviour also in his cas seems to be kinda rethorical question
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-03-28 at 02:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Might be off-topic: Kicked several ppl when doing Timewalking in Old Kingdom, i tell em to NOT attack/interupt my marked Spellflinger and then go and attack it and i kick em, then i get angry whispers
    Warrior trying to nuke them via spell reflect? ^^

If I did that, I would have to play the game by myself.

I would kick someone from my group for saying rouge instead of
    Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by borrborr View Post
    This Hearthstone promotion to get to level 20 and get Lady Liadrin was a smart thing to do. Leveling my rouge in full looms to 20 took no time... but there are SOO many people in whites and greens. Once I got to 15 of course I did randoms. My first group was 3 fairly crappily geared people. The tank, the healer, and the Hunter. Myself and a Mage had full looms. Us two were able to ZOOOOOM through the dungeon (I was a rogue with full versatility enchants and ambush one shots things). The Mage decides to kick the tank for "being to bad". Would you kick someone just because they aren't as good as you?

No one died in the group. Yes it was annoying it could have gone faster, but I actually liked it cus it felt like old times. Running around with people in shitty gear, they obviously struggles to kill things. It was boring I could one shot elites in a dungeon.

Another incident I saw today, doing the deadmines, someone tries to kick the level 15 crap geared tank. It fails. This was even before we pull the first boss. Then he is attempted to be kicked for doing bad damage. He's a tank, his damage doesn't matter at that level, as long as he can hold Aggro, which he did from 2 other heirloom geared players. We killed the boss so what matter. We continue fine, but right before rip snarl he is attempted to be kicked again. BUT IT PASSES?? WE NEVER WIPED AND HE DID FINE????? I click decline but I guess the other guys woke up on the wrong side of their basements because something crawled up their asses
    - - - Updated - - -

Right? Go play dress up somewhere else.. L2Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I would kick you for playing with your makeup during the raid/dungeon. If you want to play with rouge, don't join my group.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would go at their pace really. What players need to understand is the type of people the content is intended.

I'm a ilvl 745 hunter and when I occasionally go to mythic dungeons I adapt to how the party is. My job is to do the utmost I can without hindering the group (self imposed) and follow the tank's pace. My mentality is simple: Understand what content you are doing and adapt to that content. 5 man content in all levels doesn't require top notch performance so I shouldn't be asking for it, in my case it's self imposed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not. I would make every effort to help them. It's only a the end of leveling where my patience thins a little.
    But during the LEVELING dungeons?! Fuck no, I want WoW to gain players, not lose them.

Unless the person in question is foul tempered about being helped and thusly wouldn't have taken to such a cooperative gaming experience like WoW anyway. I would stay calm and help.

Kicking someone because you're doing better in a leveling dungeon is trash. And frankly how dare you. It's like Jumping into the kids paddling pool in full scuba gear and calling them nerds and obnoxiously splashing about yelling how you're such a good experienced swimmer and anyone not performing and decked out the same is a noob.

No one likes that guy.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd remove them if they were doing basically nothing. Even during leveling, you should be trying to clear shit fast and if you dont know how to play your class your slowing my experience down. so get out of the dungeon, learn to play and then come back. dont pussy foot around and waste everyones time.
    Hi

Ask them if they want help, or provide some advice. If they act like an asshole, then yes I'll kick them...not because of their skill but because of their attitude....

Unless, they really do suck and there's no way we'll beat the instance with them. That said I'd speak up about it first and let them know "hey man, you're gear/output/performance just isn't going to hack it for this run, check out XYZ guide for some tips to improve and hopefully we'll see you again."

Sorry, is it being an asshole to expect basic competency in a game where cooperation is key? If you want to go be a shitter go play Skyrim or play on an RP server or something. If you want to do group content with other people you better pull your weight.
    This is the dirty cut right to it mentality, honestly. I don't mind helping you get there if you know you need help and are willing to take some advice/ criticism, but bottom line is this is a group effort, and you need to pull your weight.