Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Huh?

They were like ~25 early on. They're like 40 now, a year later. Legion is less than 6 months out. Trends show it probably wont go above 50. Not sure how that's realistic. Even EU prices aren't going towards 100k by that time.
    what? do you know what EU prices are right now lol? they are sitting at 84-86k

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tokens CAN inject gold in the economy if someone posts it for the price of, let's say, 80k gold, and the token gets bought at 76k. That extra 4k that the token seller has to get is created out of thin air from Blizzard. As already mentioned, there's also the chance that the 80k token gets bought at 86k, so that extra 6k the token buyer paid is forever lost from the economy, but we actually don't know if it balances out or not. At any rate, the token does inject some gold in the economy most of the time (if we accept that most sales of the tokens are done when they are around their lowest price, but the postings on the higher prices).

Also to the RETARDS that claim anyone buying a token for gold is giving (indirectly) 5 extra $/Euros to Blizzard, start thinking again. Blizzard gets their 20$/25Eu the moment the token buyer BUYS the token. If the token is never posted in the AH Blizzard has already gotten their RL cash. If the token is posted and NEVER SOLD (unrealistic scenario, but still) same thing. The purchases of tokens with gold from the AH HAVE NOTHING to do with Blizzard earnings.

Deleted
    its funny how some people still dont get what the token actually does ^^

anyway, I think theyre fantastic, though its getting too expensive in the EU =/ (which has nothing to do with the system itself) bought my last one for 82k. I shouldve bought some when they were at 40k, but my predictions were plain wrong, so gotta pay the price now :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vakaar View Post
    its funny how some people still dont get what the token actually does ^^

anyway, I think theyre fantastic, though its getting too expensive in the EU =/ (which has nothing to do with the system itself) bought my last one for 82k. I shouldve bought some when they were at 40k, but my predictions were plain wrong, so gotta pay the price now :P
    It gives blizzard an extra $5 for a month of game time is what it does.