Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What is the current state of prot warriors? still rocking it out with the rest of the tanks, or have we fallen behind a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Edulric View Post
    What is the current state of prot warriors? still rocking it out with the rest of the tanks, or have we fallen behind a bit?
    Arguably the weakest tank right now, but like all tanks, perfectly viable for Mythic raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marok View Post
    Arguably the weakest tank right now, but like all tanks, perfectly viable for Mythic raiding.
    What are we outclassed on? Maybe we ask for this to change for Legion?
    Twitch.tv/ericn_tv

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arguably the weakest tank right now
    How so? I was looking to (maybe) be one for their resilience and mobility.

@EricN @ShasVa

Bears, Brewmasters, Paladins and DKs outclass us in terms of overall survivability. DKs have utility. Paladins can off heal. We're easily out DPSed by Paladins and Bears. The only thing we really have going for us is our mobility.

10+ Year Old Account
    @EricN @ShasVa

Bears, Brewmasters, Paladins and DKs outclass us in terms of overall survivability. DKs have utility. Paladins can off heal. We're easily out DPSed by Paladins and Bears. The only thing we really have going for us is our mobility.
    Which doesn't really help us - as positioning should be set in stone... there isn't many situations where you NEED to have a warrior to move. maybe manno debuff leaps - thats about it.
    Twitch.tv/ericn_tv

Paladin, DK, or Bear in that order. They're all pretty frickin' strong though. Bears just through their scaling, DKs when they reach a certain multistrike rating, or Paladin when they get their trinkets and 4 piece.

If you want a guaranteed progression spot for mythic, DK is highly recommended whether you tank or not. All you have to really do is know how to press your Gorefiend button properly.

You can have situations where TMI is lower, but your average DTPS is higher. This is generally preferable for healers, since you're not constantly spiking down to 20% hp as much. You might take more damage overall, but it is predictable and easily handled.

My guild is currently progressing on Mythic Tyrant Velhari.

In terms of survivability, do I want to be using the Purified Shard of the Moon over Heroic Anzu's + HWF+S Warlord's Unseeing Eye?

On logs it seemed like the eye passively did a lot of work for me and wondering if I was perfect in timing the shard every 30 sec, if it would be more beneficial than the constant 20% reduced dmg?

I would say over the course of a 4:30 sec wipe the Eye did 1.18m in absorbs. Assuming the shield is timed perfectly, it could technically do more absorbs but I feel like I would be spiky in P2.

Idk, not sure.

Also one more question....

Do I want to go with another weapon enchant for that fight to help out as well?

I'm currently using Mark of the Blackrock and was wondering if the proc still happened when you're in p2 with the health differential? Would it be more beneficial to enchant Crit or Mastery onto the weapon instead or no?

I've also heard that Second Wind is better than Enraged Regen on that fight because of the health reduction debuff. I'm not sure if that is true either but figured i'd throw that in as well.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Rynzler88; 2016-04-21 at 02:06 PM.

Eye and Plume are by far the best trinket choices for that fight. Definitely don't use the heirloom trinket over either of those.

Enchant your weapon with Thunderlord. It will have a much higher uptime than Blockrock and will be better for survivability and DPS overall.

As for Second Wind, Velhari is the only fight were it could be viable, but I'd still use Enraged Regen, because if you ever drop below 35% health you're going to be healed up pretty quickly or you'll just die.

What trinkets overall nowadays(max dmg)? i got every HFC mythic trinket except velhari one (taint rat trinket anyways).
    Edit; i also seem to find alot of people going haste(??) whats the deal with that?
    Been out of the loop for a few months so, and not much has been said in here :/
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2016-04-22 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Eye and Plume are by far the best trinket choices for that fight. Definitely don't use the heirloom trinket over either of those.

Enchant your weapon with Thunderlord. It will have a much higher uptime than Blockrock and will be better for survivability and DPS overall.

As for Second Wind, Velhari is the only fight were it could be viable, but I'd still use Enraged Regen, because if you ever drop below 35% health you're going to be healed up pretty quickly or you'll just die.
    Thanks.

We didn't get the kill last night but I liked the constant proc'ing of Thunderlord waaay more.

When are good times to pop the ring as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Rynzler88 View Post
    Thanks.

We didn't get the kill last night but I liked the constant proc'ing of Thunderlord waaay more.

When are good times to pop the ring as well?
    I depends on how fast you're pushing and when you hero, but generally ring is used on pull and then with Hero in P2 or right as she transitions to P3 so you can stay alive with the low health you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    What trinkets overall nowadays(max dmg)? i got every HFC mythic trinket except velhari one (taint rat trinket anyways).
    Edit; i also seem to find alot of people going haste(??) whats the deal with that?
    Been out of the loop for a few months so, and not much has been said in here :/
    For pure DPS, EDH + UH. EDH + ToTT for speed kills.

When you say people are going haste, do you mean equipping gear with haste? Because I've never seen anyone enchant/gem for haste. In regards to using gear with haste, it's because haste tends to be on the higher iLvl pieces and those pieces are best for maximizing DPS.

When you say people are going haste, do you mean equipping gear with haste? Because I've never seen anyone enchant/gem for haste. In regards to using gear with haste, it's because haste tends to be on the higher iLvl pieces and those pieces are best for maximizing DPS.
    Refering to:
    Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Yes. Haste can be potentially better than Crit or Multi, depending on how much of those 3 stats you have. You should Sim your character to get the actually numbers.
    I simmed my char with multiple different setups, 2p/4p/0p, different trinkets and so on, and haste always came out first on secondaries, so i had a glance at some endgame warrs and most had around 1700-2k haste. which is far more than me, or even logical for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Refering to:

I simmed my char with multiple different setups, 2p/4p/0p, different trinkets and so on, and haste always came out first on secondaries, so i had a glance at some endgame warrs and most had around 1700-2k haste. which is far more than me, or even logical for me.
    Ah, yea. There's a haste breakpoint at 12.5% (extra GCD inside bloodbath), so until you hit that, Haste is going to sim as your best stat for DPS.

Ah, yea. There's a haste breakpoint at 12.5% (extra GCD inside bloodbath), so until you hit that, Haste is going to sim as your best stat for DPS.
    On top of that, they're getting extra GCDs outside of bloodbath and usually have Unending Hunger + Empty Drinking Horn which allows them to build up stacks quicker too.

For pure DPS, EDH + UH. EDH + ToTT for speed kills.
    Is that only true for a mythic EDH or will even a heroic EDH beat other trinkets (like a mythic Anzus) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carmion View Post
    Is that only true for a mythic EDH or will even a heroic EDH beat other trinkets (like a mythic Anzus) ?
    Heroic EDH and Mythic Anzu's are extremely close, with Anzu's barely pulling ahead. Heroic EDH will beat any other Mythic tanking trinket though.

Guessed so, thanks. Since real speedkills are out ouf reach for me, UH-M + Anzus-M are my default farming trinkets.
    2 trinkets with defensive and offensive benefits and probably my best dps options. I have a heroic warforged EDH, that might possibly beat the Anzus, while adding only strength for survival, so probably not worth it, even on farm.

For Damage, is Tauren passive 2% crit or Orc 345 ap bonus on 2 min cd better?

Assuming i'm also building crit enchants, gems etc.