Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    warrior is probably the weakest. druid's not the strongest, but it is massively powerful.

i'd say strongest would be some type of fel, light, or shadow user. those three seem to be the top tier, with arcane in like 4th.

Deleted
    King of Stormwind? Warrior
    Former King of the Horde? Warrior

Yeah, there is no contest.

Where are the druid and warlock kings? Malfurion can plant some trees on his backyard, woohoo. So can I. Swords > Spells in lore I think.

I'd say Priest, Rogue, or Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    I think we all can agree that warrior is the most powerful class in the game by lore but not so sure about the weakest. I was thinking that is druid the weakest class in lore? Or Warlock. If we forget gameplay and just follow the lore they couldn't even cast a spell before a warrior would kill them. Mages can at least alter time a little so they are a little better than those but would probably still lose to every average warrior.

Proud warrior since vanilla.
    Lorewise i would say Hunters, besides from Rexxar there's no other Hunter that anything!

7+ Year Old Account
    To be fair. At this point i don't think warriors (Or at least PC) has just his/her physical prowess. I mean, he/she literally falls from the halls of valor to the world and survives. And his/hear roar can kill

They can be cats so they are the strongest :3

Deleted
    Of course warriors are the stongest class. i don't see those druids jumping 45 yards in plate armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I believe it was Shadow Priests. we didn't get anything 'concrete' about them until Legion-based content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

King of Stormwind? Warrior
    Former King of the Horde? Warrior

Yeah, there is no contest.

Where are the druid and warlock kings? Malfurion can plant some trees on his backyard, woohoo. So can I. Swords > Spells in lore I think.
    malfurion cast a spell that single handedly held the entirety of darkshore together, it would have broken to pieces and likely sunk had he not done that. he is one of the strongest beings that currently exists on azeroth.

Malfurion has something to say about it lol. You know the Nathrezim who the order hall quest of mage is centered around in Legion was rekt by young Malfurion in WotA.

another bait thread.

Deleted
    What? Warriors would only be strong if they're close to the mages/warlocks/whatever before the other sees them since they'd have time to close the gap. On a battlefield however a mage could wipe out tens of warriors.

Warriors, rogues and hunters would be the weakest in a battle. However, this is why warriors use enhancements on their armour and their small "spell" arsenal is about closing gaps, so that they could get to the enemy before they die. Rogues hide in shadows specifically for the same reason, to not be seen until it's too late. Hunters make use of their own range and pets for the same reason. That being said, if I would have to pick the weakest of the weak in a fight, I'd pick warrior. They're generally more used as cannon fodder and distraction while rogues poison the enemy food supplies, hunters shoot them from afar along with warlocks, mages...
    You know, actually, priests are the weakest in a battle. While they can heal others, when a mage on the other side throws a fireball at 50 of your own, they won't be able to shield all in time. Plus, even with their shields and heals, they're still dressed in cloth and easily overpowered. And monks, who rarely use weapons and mostly use magic. Against a priest they would easily overpower them, but against a full plated warrior... their fists won't do shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    What? Warriors would only be strong if they're close to the mages/warlocks/whatever before the other sees them since they'd have time to close the gap. On a battlefield however a mage could wipe out tens of warriors.

Warriors, rogues and hunters would be the weakest in a battle. However, this is why warriors use enhancements on their armour and their small "spell" arsenal is about closing gaps, so that they could get to the enemy before they die. Rogues hide in shadows specifically for the same reason, to not be seen until it's too late. Hunters make use of their own range and pets for the same reason. That being said, if I would have to pick the weakest of the weak in a fight, I'd pick warrior. They're generally more used as cannon fodder and distraction while rogues poison the enemy food supplies, hunters shoot them from afar along with warlocks, mages...
    You know, actually, priests are the weakest in a battle. While they can heal others, when a mage on the other side throws a fireball at 50 of your own, they won't be able to shield all in time. Plus, even with their shields and heals, they're still dressed in cloth and easily overpowered. And monks, who rarely use weapons and mostly use magic. Against a priest they would easily overpower them, but against a full plated warrior... their fists won't do shit.
    currently, light and shadow are the two most primordial and seemingly powerful of the forces of existence. a priest should be able to become the strongest being possible.

but caster arent supposed to do stuff before cast?
    the "reality" in azerth isnt that a mage wakes up, sneezes and a giant pillar of flame appear over the enemies. they are supposed to find powerfull artifact to channel theyr power, consume extremely rares resource to start reaction and do al theyr bulabulamagicabula with dance for a lot of time. and the same plus cerimonies is applied for druids, priests and shamans.
    maybe the fel can short this amount of time, but even gul'dan had to search for days, maybe months, artifacts to destroy shadowmoon valley.
    in the contrary all martial classes can fight with a flexibility and durability unmatched by casters, that need a very good set up to do big things

What a bait thread lol. OP, I'm not replying to you - go post somewhere else.

You people seem to be disregarding the arcane? Cba even explaining, but look up the different powerful magi (Aegwynn etc) on some WoW lore site and be astonished.

Warriors are pretty weak, lorewise. Sure, some of them are pretty badass, but magic's their weakness.

Oddly, I kind of want to say Shaman are the weakest. They have massive potential, yes, but if they are cut off from the elements for whatever reason- particularly if they anger the elemental spirits- they are basically warriors in weaker armour with weaker weapons, and largely less hand-to-hand combat training.

Granted that situation isn't exactly common, but still. For all the power a Shaman can wield, the power is mostly dependent on the whims of an outside force. Even Paladins and Priests' power is based on their own faith in the Light; a Shaman could have spoken to the elemental spirits every night for ten years but it doesn't mean anything if they decide to leave him or her high and dry mid-fight.

Every other class that springs to mind manipulates energies inherent to reality, draws power forcibly from outside forces or hones their own inherent skills. Shaman can do that to a degree, but your average Shaman likely focuses more on elemental bargaining for an edge than hand to hand combat, lorewise.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    currently, light and shadow are the two most primordial and seemingly powerful of the forces of existence. a priest should be able to become the strongest being possible.
    Stop with your obsession of priests..

Arcane - Nature - Light - Shadow - Fel - Death are the same tier.

I think we all can agree that warrior is the most powerful class in the game by lore but not so sure about the weakest. I was thinking that is druid the weakest class in lore? Or Warlock. If we forget gameplay and just follow the lore they couldn't even cast a spell before a warrior would kill them. Mages can at least alter time a little so they are a little better than those but would probably still lose to every average warrior.

Proud warrior since vanilla.
    Both ingame and lore wise....yes they are the weakest. ( lore a bit less)
    Ingame: Blizzard has never found out what to do with us druids. Every expansion atleast 1 or 2 specs get redone. Look at moonkin and gaurdians for the last few expansions.

Lore; They are like batman. If they prepare most druid classes would be very good. They are also a group person. And that is where there strenghts lie.
    Lore wise i think a warrior walking a forest road and then get assaulted by a gaurdian or feral druid will die pretty fast. Last time i checked a bear and lion are pretty good at mauling/eating mankind

Monks, weak in the lore and ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    Stop with your obsession of priests..

Arcane - Nature - Light - Shadow - Fel - Death are the same tier.
    fel is definitely stronger than arcane. it's really similar, only ridiculously more chaotic. it's just dangerous to use.

why did sargeras flip and decide the end it all? the void lord and their power. shadow must be stronger than others.