Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    If you're talking about people in Belgium, I have no clue. I assumed you were talking about people in this thread. If that's wrong, then my apologies.
    I live in belgium and that's what it's like. Didn't mean in this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I live in belgium and that's what it's like. Didn't mean in this thread
    Yeah, no that's not what's happening unless you are wearing blinders and are really selective in what you read and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Yeah, no that's not what's happening unless you are wearing blinders and are really selective in what you read and watch.
    Extremists usually are...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It is, everyone is so left here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    yes its murder to kill a person.
    But its not genocide to kill everyone of the same political group.
    Wait, so with "it´s fine to do it to a political group" you meant, it´s not called genocide, but it´s still not fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Extremists usually are...
    There's an entire news section dedicated to putting a "face on the victims", the only misplaced comments are from the left that is true but that's mostly to attack the majority which is right in power by blaming the situation of something that was created over decades on the current parties in power, specifically the n-va which the southern parties have a hard on for mostly due to "communautair issues". And that's ignoring the whole hooligan riot that took place on a peaceful protest yesterday, would hardly call those people to be in favor of immigration.

So i do wonder where he gets his news from since it sure as shit ain't from the flemish news stations or papers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    It is, everyone is so left here.
    Name one left party in power on the federal level.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2016-03-28 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Oh? Please do show me the internal disagreement in political organizations in such as The Soviet Party
    To be fair the fall of the USSR was the result of a major disagreement between Gorbachov's group of reformers and the hardliners within the Party. Leading to a coup against Gorb that was unpopular enough with the people of Russia that Yeltsin was able to swoop in and in effect pull Russia out of the USSR in all but name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Wait, so with "it´s fine to do it to a political group" you meant, it´s not called genocide, but it´s still not fine?
    I meant its not genocide to kill a lot of people if the unifying criteria is class or political affiliation.
    Ergo, Holocaust, genocide, communist mass killings, 'Not'

15+ Year Old Account
    I meant its not genocide to kill a lot of people if the unifying criteria is class or political affiliation.
    Ergo, Holocaust, genocide, communist mass killings, 'Not'
    So you´re arguing that the definition of genocide is something you´re not agreeing with? Wait how is the holocaust not genocide?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you´re arguing that the definition of genocide is something you´re not agreeing with? Wait how is the holocaust not genocide?
    No, he's saying Holocaust was genocide, but arguing unnecessarily over semantics of the meaning of the word, which in turn gave me the impression that he was actually okay with non-specific-ethnicity mass killing based on other, political, criteria; while he's not actually okay with it, it would appear that Deleth absolutely is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No, he's saying Holocaust was genocide, but arguing unnecessarily over semantics of the meaning of the word, which in turn gave me the impression that he was actually okay with non-specific-ethnicity mass killing based on other, political, criteria; while he's not actually okay with it, it would appear that Deleth absolutely is.
    Ah, i see. What the hell is the point in all of this?

Deleted
    Ah, i see. What the hell is the point in all of this?
    The point is that the current definition of genocide excludes political class, because the USSR (and others) didn't want it to include them.
    Making for such absurd nonsense, as people sent to the death camps for being left wing, were not genocided, but the Jew to the next of said person was.

15+ Year Old Account
    The point is that the current definition of genocide excludes political class, because the USSR (and others) didn't want it to include them.
    Making for such absurd nonsense, as people sent to the death camps for being left wing, were not genocided, but the Jew to the next of said person was.
    Ok, and this has to do what whit the topic, or human rights, or anything at all discussed here?

Deleted
    Genocide is the intent to systematically eliminate a cultural, ethnic, linguistic, national, racial or religious group

Politicians are not a seperate culture. They share the same culture they govern.
    Politicians are not seperate ethnicity. They're part of the same ethinicty they govern.
    Politicians are not seperate linguistic entity. They speak the same language as the people they govern.
    Politicians are not a seperate national entity. Unless they are some sort of dictators or tyrants.
    Politicians may be of different race than the majority race they govern in a given country... but that is an exception in most cases.
    Politicians may be of different religion than the dominant religious demographic in a given country but that is an exception in most cases.

religion of peace, this is just an isolated incident

Quote Originally Posted by thedanmarinoexperience View Post
    religion of peace, this is just an isolated incident
    Meanwhile, a crowded park in Pakistan got blown up, atleast 50-70 deaths, mostly women and children. Another 200 severely injured.

these guys use religion as an excuse. At the top theres always some person or people doing it for power and money. It is just an excuse though, they justify killing everyone, especially those of their own creed with religion or some "cause" as an excuse. A mask to live with themselves or give them purpose or drive underlings to commit attrocities.

Blaming the religion itself offers no solution, you just end up targeting or driving away the innocents, civilians and people who are getting targeted by the monsters anyway. Which is EXACTLY what the monsters want you to do when they do shit like this, you have to target the monsters of that faction itself.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-03-29 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Meanwhile, a crowded park in Pakistan got blown up, atleast 50-70 deaths, mostly women and children. Another 200 severely injured.

these guys use religion as an excuse. At the top theres always some person or people doing it for power and money. It is just an excuse though, they justify killing everyone, especially those of their own creed with religion or some "cause" as an excuse. A mask to live with themselves or give them purpose.

Blaming the religion itself offers no solution, you just end up targeting the people who are getting targeted by the monsters anyway. you have to target the monsters of that faction itself.
    It doesn't matter if they use the religion as an excuse or not. In their heads they are the true believers of Islam and they will kill anyone they think are not true believers.
    You can't just put your fingers in your ears and pretend not to hear it.
    That won't solve anything or do anything.

If I say I am going to shoot you because im a Buddhist and you are not in line with my religion then that is why I am doing this.
    Who are you to tell me I don't represent my religion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Genocide is the intent to systematically eliminate a cultural, ethnic, linguistic, national, racial or religious group

Politicians are not a seperate culture. They share the same culture they govern.
    Politicians are not seperate ethnicity. They're part of the same ethinicty they govern.
    Politicians are not seperate linguistic entity. They speak the same language as the people they govern.
    Politicians are not a seperate national entity. Unless they are some sort of dictators or tyrants.
    Politicians may be of different race than the majority race they govern in a given country... but that is an exception in most cases.
    Politicians may be of different religion than the dominant religious demographic in a given country but that is an exception in most cases.
    Did you mean anything by this post?
    Or was it just abject nonsense?
    The systematic killing of a group of people - Should be the definition of Genocide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    Blaming the religion itself offers no solution,
    actually it does - because of the creeds in said religion justifying said crap.
    And that's the problem, not the tiny minority who are terrorists, but the majority who thinks the same way, but just thinks indiscriminate violence is not for them.

Deleted
    The systematic killing of a group of people - Should be the definition of Genocide.
    For me Genocide requires killing entire group of people since the end result is to make them perish.
    Countries are like hydras: Cut of the head, new one grows in its place.
    Killing politicians feels more like power struggle rather than genocide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well going by dictionaries that is the definition. I´m still waiting for the point in this debate, apart from "it´s excluded" and "it should be included". What´s there to be gained if it´s included?