Page 1 of 95
... LastLast

Pose to be removed from Tracer after complaints of it being too suggestive/sexual

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overw...83?page=11#210

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kaplan
    We'll replace the pose. We want *everyone* to feel strong and heroic in our community. The last thing we want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable, under-appreciated or misrepresented.

Apologies and we'll continue to try to do better.
    All I can do is sigh.

Update:

Several video responses have been made in response to this.

Last edited by Yarathir; 2016-03-30 at 11:55 AM.

Please make the men less muscular too, I feel uncomfortable

A shame we can no longer admire how heroic those gluts are....

Even though I would never use that pose myself, the reasoning for it's removal is just as absurd as the complaint. If they went with something like "We didn't want the poses to overlap, so we're removing Tracer's "Over the Shoulder" and keeping it Widowmaker-only." I would've been completely okay with the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Even though I would never use that pose myself, the reasoning for it's removal is just as absurd as the complaint. If they went with something like "We didn't want the poses to overlap, so we're removing Tracer's "Over the Shoulder" and keeping it Widowmaker-only." I would've been completely okay with the decision.
    Yeah. Don't more chars than Widowmaker and Tracer have it, even? A few male chars, too, last I checked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should just have a male character do the same pose tbh and it would even out :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    smh

First off, why would the OP of that even be worried about her child seeing that post when she should really be worried about all the toxic players cussing over game chat? But alas, we have higher priorities!

Second, as always, people in this day and age are thinking WAAAAAAAAAAY too much about it.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2016-03-28 at 08:18 PM.

Give into SJWs once and they'll keep demanding more.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    This kind of shit is just getting way out of hand. How the fuck is that pose too sexual?

Last edited by Yarathir; 2016-03-28 at 08:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

OT: I knew it would happen. It was all a question of time, as the game is way too sexy for the average tumblrite.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post

OT: I knew it would happen. It was all a question of time, as the game is way too sexy for the average tumblrite.

Is probably too sexy for tumblrites.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post

That is one halal censorship you have there . I didn't see anything wrong with her original pose and it seemed more playful than sexy to me. The Overwatch beta forums are filled with so much whining about things like these and "this hero is OP", it's sad.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Doesn't every single character have an over-the-shoulder pose?

So tired of Blizzard kowtowing to these fucking children. The person who complained LITERALLY USED a "think of the children" argument.

Jesus christ, is this 1970 all of a sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Doesn't every single character have an over-the-shoulder pose?

So tired of Blizzard kowtowing to these fucking children. The person who complained LITERALLY USED a "think of the children" argument.

Jesus christ, is this 1970 all of a sudden?
    Not every character, but at least three male characters:

https://youtu.be/m5PXp04lBG0?t=2m2s
    https://youtu.be/T88jIIBJB-4?t=2m19s
    https://youtu.be/ZjN5hIsK9zU?t=1m37s

Rule generally seems to be that it has to fit their physique and demeanor.

Deleted
    thats the way of people nowadays :S if they complain enough.. they'll get there own way. there's nothing wrong with that pose at all, as far as i can see.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post

Is probably too sexy for tumblrites.
    As a perennial plant-kin this picture triggers me immensely. Please remove it immediately, thank you.

Why the fuk does Blizzard cater so much to SJW's?

I don't get it.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.
    Furthermore, why does a strong independent female have to be mutually exclusive with sexuality? Take for instance;

Yes Seven of Nine is a bombshell, but that's not just what see was. She built the astrometrics lab, became a critical member of the crew, saved Voyager countless times. Why is it that being attractive somehow diminishes other accomplishments?

SJW's and PC nuts seriously need to fuck off away from video games because this is getting ridiculous now. So a bit of pixels are suggestive and offend you in a game you probably won't even play. I can't imagine what these kinds of people are like around things such as glamour or adult models.