Page 62 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I think it'll do fine, despite people on this thread lamenting how terrible it is, audiences as a whole seem to disagree, espicially considering it's doing better then most of the MCU on IMDB.
    Rotten Tomatoes - Audience scores it lower than every MCU aside from Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2
    Cinemascore - Audience scores it lower than most MCU as well
    IMDB - 7.5/10 is only notably higher than Incredible Hulk and First Avenger. It's a bit above IM2 & 3 and First Avenger, but not blowing them out of the water.

Much like Man of Steel, it's a divisive film, pretty 50/50 from everywhere I've seen and everyone I've talked to. I'm expecting a 2nd weekend drop as well.

Personally, I want it to succeed enough to keep moving forward with their films, but not good enough to guarantee Snyder or the screenwriters are kept. I've seen plenty of people who liked it still say it was kind of messy.

On the other hand..... I still utterly hate their damn Joker design coming in Suicide Squad. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    IMDB - 7.5/10 is only notably higher than Incredible Hulk and First Avenger. It's a bit above IM2 & 3 and First Avenger, but not blowing them out of the water.
    It beats Cap 1, IM 2/3, Thor 1/2, Ant-Man, and is tied with AoU. Cap 2, Avengers, GotG, IM beat it. That is it. (Using IMDB). Several of those are very close, but frankly the same is true for the few beating it. So i think people claiming it's gonna fall off because eeryone hates it are likely not correct since nothing actually points to that being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Warner Bro's just posted this

[video=youtube;s-MUzvASr8s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s[ideo]
    From the Ultimate Cut?

Also, it will fall from it's current IMDb score over time. Dunno by how much.

If I liked Man of Steel and all of the Nolan batman films do you guys think I will like this?

edit: Also I lovvvved Watchmen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Enjoyed the movie but thought a lot of the major plot points was stupid

1. The reason Batman was upset at Superman - That plot point was stupid, wasn't superman fault some aliens showed up to destroy the earth even if they were just after Superman. Hell he turned himself in so humans were not going to be hurt but they had planned on terraforming the earth anyway.

2. Let Luthor - Weak character, didn't really give a strong reason why he wanted Superman dead. The actor portraying him acted too much like Joker and less like Lex.

3. The Human/Alien Hybrid - What was Lex thinking? He obviously had no control over it what did he think would happened after it killed Superman? Made 0 damn sense

4. The setup at the beginning of the movie, do people really believe Superman killed a bunch of people with guns?

I enjoyed the action and I love comic book movie but the stupid plot points made my head hurt.
    1. I believe that Batman was pissed at Superman because Superman tried to shut down Batman (after being manipulated by Luthor). its not only that Superman tried to shutdown Batman, its also the the way that he did it, he more or less tried to punk Batman. From Batman's PoV, Superman was jealous of Batman because Superman didn't want to share the spotlight even though Batman had been a vigilant without superpowers while Supes was still in high school getting beat up. Superman was like "I could kill you if I wanted to" and Batman was like "Over my dead body, m8".

2. He character was absolutely annoying. I think Jessie wanted to play Joker but they werent going to give him Joker. Or maybe in some obsure early draft Luther was the Joker (which you make the story make a bit more sense but ruin the Joker they have for Suicide Squad so I guess you have to decide which Joker you want more). They though they could change the Joker into Luthor Jr but we see how that worked out...

3. Lex was completely unhinged at this point, of course his actions were illogical. They didn't do a good job at explaining anything about Lex though. I also wouldn't be surprised if Darkseid wasn't manipulating Lex, alluded to by some of the final scenes.

4. Some people did, some people didn't. The focal point was about the collateral damage that follows Superman and who should answer for it, he should even be accountable for it, etc. Like how civilians might die on a strike to kill terrorist. The wheel chair guy could only see Superman as the guy who crushed his legs, even if it was 100% an accident and Superman was in the process of saving the planet. The women who stood before the Senate wanted some explanation as to why (we know it was a setup but no one else did) why people in her village had die because Superman wanted to play vigilante. It wasn't so much that she hated Superman, she needed closure. Remember part of the debate was (they were unfairly speaking for Superman) if Superman should even go around saving people because that means he also chose someone not save. Yes he intentions were good but the person he didn't save won't see it like that because they are human and humans aren't entirely rational beings.

Remembers Lex's philosophical equation where he said God can be All-Powerful or All-Good but not both. He wanted to force Superman to pick one. Of course Lex was insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    If I liked Man of Steel and all of the Nolan batman films do you guys think I will like this?
    Absolutely.

Its a direct continuation of MoS. Keeps a lot of the good stuff from that movie and moves past some of the bad (pacing and what not).

It takes lessons learned from Nolan's Batman and applies them to a world where superheros in the traditional sense exist. Affleck is easily among the top 3 live action Batman: Bale, Keaton, Affleck. I think his Bruce Wayne was weak but he didnt really get too many chances to act out Bruce Wayne.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post

A good review
    I love how they savage the movie and constantly show the RT score, Were the viewers by in large like it. Basically saying, "our opinion is moot, you all like it anyway" Keep on keeping on.

I should say I did enjoy the review, I just dont wholly agree with it.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2016-03-28 at 09:51 PM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    /10character

damn
    Last edited by Immitis; 2016-03-28 at 10:03 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Warner Bro's just posted this

Why did they cut this? That explains the 2nd part and ending crazy Luthor, even if the non-comic geeks movie goers don't know about Steppenwolf and the Motherboxes.

Heck, saw the movie today and that was my main issue with the movie, they failed to explain why Luthor went nuts.

Is Easter not a thing in the US? Who goes to the movies on Easter? I'd expect a good couple of them actually being closed.

I mean, it's a stupid date to release a movie to begin with. Would anyone launch a blockbuster on Christmas weekend?
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2016-03-28 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Is Easter not a thing in the US? Who goes to the movies on Easter? I'd expect a good couple of them actually being closed.

I mean, it's a stupid date to release a movie to begin with. Would anyone launch a blockbuster on Christmas weekend?
    yes, lots of people go to the movies on the holidays
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'd still expect lots of them, especially families, not going, because they spend easter at grandma's. Dunno about the US, though. In Germany, many people use the extended weekend (friday and monday being state holidays) to make a small vacation. I was at the movies on saturday evening and barely anyone was there (in Frankfurt am Main). 20.30 screening and a good 30% of the cinema were empty.

If anything, the Easter weekend would help domestic box office sales.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account

Force Awakens did fine, not everyone sees family on holidays,

(Minor Spoilers Maybe?)

I really liked Batfleck, and honestly I think Ben Afleck did the absolute best Bruce Wayne we've ever seen in any media. Plus, I really liked Wonder Woman and thought they did her justice in this movie.

Everything else was crap. Luthor was goofy in a bad way and I think they just assumed everyone knows Luthor hates Superman so obviously there isn't any point in explaining his motivations. The story was so bad that they basically had to make Batman a really awful detective just to explain how easily he's duped by someone that came across as a really rich Joker without the skin condition.

I didn't even understand why Lois goes to get the spear. I mean, how does she just know she needs it right then? 0 explanations are given to how and why people are doing what they are doing. It was confusing as fuck trying to follow what the hell was going on. And as someone else said it feels like the entire movie was just created to set up the DCU - and I get why they made it a priority, but the quality of the movie sucked because of it.

Also - remember Knightmare Batman? Dude. You actually don't even see Bruce go to sleep or anything and boom - you're on Apok or and an Apokified Earth. I love comics so I knew what that was about, but my girlfriend still doesn't get why that scene is even in the movie. And she'd damn right to ask the question of why it's there since you could take that out, and Flash's cameo and things flow way fucking smoother.

Not to rag on it that much because - Acting was good I think(no expert in how to judge it) and I loved the representation of Bruce Wayne even more than Batman(because they made Batman a seriously deluded detective). Action was awesome(loved the fighting scenes!!). But the storyline and the million plots and all the cameos, and the huge chunk of movie dedicated to 'universe building' and Luthor really, really, really were just terrible as all hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    It beats Cap 1, IM 2/3, Thor 1/2, Ant-Man, and is tied with AoU. Cap 2, Avengers, GotG, IM beat it. That is it. (Using IMDB). Several of those are very close, but frankly the same is true for the few beating it. So i think people claiming it's gonna fall off because eeryone hates it are likely not correct since nothing actually points to that being the case.
    Who actually uses IMDB user ratings? Same shit happens before every big movie. Fans vote 10/10 even before movie is out and after it is out, no matter how bad or good movie is.

SPOILERS

This movie was mess. So many different things just clumped together and some nice CGI fights. Plot was bad

- Why would anyone believe that Superman uses weapons to kill people. Like really?
    - Batman is crazy to kill Superman. Supermans mom have same name as bats, so now they are best buddies... This was maybe the stupidest thing
    - Hey i am Lex Luthor and i am making monster that is almost unkillable and something i can't control. Cool right?
    - Batman making spear what can kill superman and then leaves it behind? WTF!
    - Louis Lane finds that spear what can kill hes boyfriend. Oh instead of destroying it or taking it to somewhere safe and hide, let's throw it away! So someone else can find it maybe....
    - Batman crying how Superman was killing people (well innocent, but still) and same time, he just slaughters people. And that's the reason why he wants kill Superman.

This movie had so much scenes that just felt useless or stupid. Killing Superman and bringing Doomsday already also felt stupid, but they chose to use this as a reason to gather up JL. Still it had good parts, mostly scenes with batman on it and this movie could be much better as standalone Batman movie without Doomsday and Wonder Woman. Save those for Justice League movie.

6/10
    Last edited by mmoc6d45658549; 2016-03-28 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    If anything, the Easter weekend would help domestic box office sales.
    Were there any overt Christian movies out? That can and does eat into Blockbuster ticket sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post

- Why would anyone believe that Superman uses weapons to kill people. Like really?
    U didnt hear? Supes always be packing heat.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Yes and yes. Going to movies on holidays is pretty big in the US and Xmas weekend is when HUGE movies come out. E.G. Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    U didnt hear? Supes always be packing heat.
    Humans seem conditioned to think in terms of firearms. Eye lasers are likely still a new thing.

Easter was definitely a dead day on the cinema where I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yes and yes. Going to movies on holidays is pretty big in the US and Xmas weekend is when HUGE movies come out. E.G. Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
    In my experience Xmas is sort of the holiday for it. Thanksgiving usually isnt a big deal for movies or july 4th weekend or similar. Halloween if a big scary movie can see big numbers but it isnt always. As far as i know easter historically hasn't bee that big of a movie weekend.