Page 23 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    Second, you can have both.
    So why hasn't the Lead been personally replying to every complaint then? Why does this one in particular matter? Because PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Pppppphhh oh wow I was done here but this one is amazing. This entire thread is nothing BUT me me mememememe. Just because one woman is no longer showing her arse off in a video game. I really couldn't care less that it's in or out at this stage, but the outrage over it and my personal preferences won't effect a damn thing. I'm happy the pose is gone, I said so, and I'm being dopiled by opinionated ragers. Deal with it.

And please go on and on about artstyle, it still boils down to opinion same as any other point in this thread. I don't take offense to sexual imagery. I don't like it when I play games.

There's massive disparity and nuance you've lost there.
    Nope, sorry. Still there. Even to other of Trace's different skins; Not to mention other characters.

Triggered much yet?

Pppppphhh oh wow I was done here but this one is amazing. This entire thread is nothing BUT me me mememememe. Just because one woman is no longer showing her arse off in a video game.
    To be honest, Tracer literally has no ass.

And please go on and on about artstyle, it still boils down to opinion same as any other point in this thread.
    Your point being? How is your opinion any more important than another one's? If it isn't, then how come a pose was removed when there is a larger group of people that want to keep the pose than the ones that want to remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    To be honest, Tracer literally has no ass.
    Literally, you say...

How do her legs connect to her torso?

So, SJW's and Feminist's complained enough to have a character created (Zarya) and a pose removed. Now I am just waiting for Widowmaker or a character like her to be removed from the game.

There are a bunch of shirtless men in this game. It makes me uncomfortable. Please cover them to make them less suggestive/sexual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Literally, you say...

You saw the pic, her legs just connect to her torso and those leather straps are there to signify where her butt was supposed to be.

If Tracer actually had an ass, you think she would've been allowed in the game for this long?

The sexualization comes from the body design and marketing imo, not the pose; a sexualization that Tracer has not be subjected to. Anecdotal, but I see a cheeky brit, not a sex symbol.

You can't quell what someone might find arousing. She'll be in varying different poses throughout the game, should be block those as well? Short of REMOVING her entirely, this seems like an exaggerated and unnecessary case.

Maybe I'm missing it. I'm open to having my mind changed.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2016-03-29 at 12:54 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Ugh... this woman starts out by listing a rather lengthy itemization of the GOOD things about this character and then ONE thing she doesn't like and she would let that ruin it for her....and thinks it needs to be changed for HER child? Good grief!

She is probably one of the same defenders of Kim Kardashian's naked selfie as EMPOWERING....

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Oh boy that old arguement again. I even listed that I don't believe it fits the tone of the game. And even fantasy needs structure and motivations behind things to be considered under a critical eye.

Or you can just skip all that and do the 'life is pointless' gig. Which is equally valid if you keep going from that point. Fun is subjective as is all fiction. And all of it is a reflection of society. So spare me.

And please, I knew I'd get quotes on this but I expected them to be at least thought out over half an hour. The problem is I DON'T THINK IT FITS THE TONE OF TRACER AS A CHARACTER AND THE GAME AT LARGE.

So please wait right there while I hammer in my worded opinion right down your throat so it attacks your innards like you believe it did.

This entire thing is about opinions and all of them are equally valid, I just said my two cents.
    Solution: make the pose more playful and taunting. Have her stick her butt out more mocking the people who do it seriously, with her tongue sticking out. She's looking behind because she's fast and she's left everyone in the dust, as is proper.

Also, the Strawpoll is still steady with 94% NOT wanting the pose changed, and the numbers overall have doubled. So far only a very small minority want it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Also, the Strawpoll is still steady with 94% NOT wanting the pose changed, and the numbers overall have doubled. So far only a very small minority want it changed.
    Are you surprised? Normal people don't give a shit about a pose in a video game. Especially a pose that is very much harmless.

And yes, I don't consider people who find that pose 'problematic' to be normal human beings and most likely have some sort of mental disorder or severe issues with insecurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Literally, you say...

Hip bones, I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthefish View Post
    thats the way of people nowadays :S if they complain enough.. they'll get there own way. there's nothing wrong with that pose at all, as far as i can see.
    That's what happens when you're a tumblrina living in middle class first world conditions. You start making a big fuss over videogames that nobody is forcing you to play or look at.

As someone who doesn't play this game and probably never will I think this is stupid as fuck and blizzard has lost all it's creative control is they are willing to change their vision because of some tumblerite. Tracer has pretty much no ass and looks anorexic to me which I think it the real issue that needs to be addressed here. That's a really bad body image for females to have and will lead to eating disorders for young impressionistic females.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

Here is the improved version of female characters, I really think blizzard should change them so they're less problematic than they are now

Quote Originally Posted by Embernetic View Post
    Here is the improved version of female characters, I really think blizzard should change them so they're less problematic than they are now
    Why do the ladies get nice robes while Hanzo only gets his nipple hidden?! I call double standards on this crap of yours. I'm triggered! EVERYONE should get nice robes.

Pssh- dat ass is heroic as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Why do the ladies get nice robes while Hanzo only gets his nipple hidden?! I call double standards on this crap of yours. I'm triggered! EVERYONE should get nice robes.
    Are you seriously telling me blizzard should spend their blood, sweat and tears giving robes to a privileged MALE character just for you? That's outrageous.