Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Most, I ended up homeless a couple of times in my life due to issues, I never choose it, and frankly I only slept rough for a short while, I wouldn't be able to handle rough for 3 months, and all the folks I know who found themselves homeless for longer than 2 weeks never got out of it. If the OP does what he says, and I hope the OP is a he, he'll never be apart of the real world again. If the OP is a she, then things will be even worse.
    I have worked with people that lost homes, jobs and other things like that and went from a house to living in a car then out on the streets I understand that progression it is sad, but unfortunately things like that happen. The ones that are the harder cases are people that left a house at some point because they were fed up or pissed off about something and in a sense ran away. Wanted some life or freedom or just wanted to blow up everything they had. Those people are the ones that never seem to leave the streets.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    So your health wont allow you to do anything but lay in bed all day and now you want to go live in the streets?!? You have to be able to see how that doesn't work in reality.
    Well the only issue is the cold.

Question whatever you take for granted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    So i take you have plenty of experience with being homeless to say that?
    I've never been homeless, but I've worked with homeless people, and they're all in an awful state. Living like that is going to wreck havoc on your health both physically and mentally, and most often just sends people down a spiral of increasingly awful decisions and circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I mean, he's already said he's too sick to do anything but lay on the bed all day, so clearly living on the streets is a solid idea that won't backfire.
    Yep, was going to say this.

That's definitely NOT the only issue.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2016-03-29 at 01:26 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I have worked with people that lost homes, jobs and other things like that and went from a house to living in a car then out on the streets I understand that progression it is sad, but unfortunately things like that happen. The ones that are the harder cases are people that left a house at some point because they were fed up or pissed off about something and in a sense ran away. Wanted some life or freedom or just wanted to blow up everything they had. Those people are the ones that never seem to leave the streets.
    The thing is that in 3 months I have a place where I'll be able to live for another 2 yr, so its not like i have to do any work to get back on my feet or even worry about making income. My ONLY worry is to survive the weather and environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    I'm 26, I don't get grounded.
    If you are 26, and have an income, Sober Living for 3 months, or even a youth hostel. Or as someone said above, and I did this for a summer in Germany, get a tent, a sleeping Bag, and a grill, and look up a camp site. It is find to camp for 3 months, and it doesn't count as sleeping rough. But if you sleep on the streets, you life as you know it will end. I can not put in to words how horrible it is, I was kicked out of my home on a X-mas by my family. I slept rough for 2 months. I was nearly broken by the end of February, I checked myself into the psych-ward of a VA hospital. Yah, if you want to keep your sanity, don't sleep on the streets.

So inside your current home the cold keeps you chained to your bed all day but you feel that some how that is going to improve after day and day of no real shelter, sub standard food, dealing with constant external and internal dangers?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I still can't possibly imagine what sort of situation at home would be worse than living on the streets.

The thing is that in 3 months I have a place where I'll be able to live for another 2 yr, so its not like i have to do any work to get back on my feet or even worry about making income. My ONLY worry is to survive the weather and environment.
    Know what happens to people that believe everything is set in stone and they don't have to make a backup plan?

They get fucked.

Sometimes literally, sometimes figuratively.

Signed,

the person that pins all hopes on one thing. and has been repeatedly fucked over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you not just get a tent and camp it out in your parents back yard or something? It isn't much but it puts that slight buffer zone between them and you. You would be able to run electricity out there and go inside when they aren't home to shower.

While I am going to say again that choosing to be homeless is a horrible idea, if you're going to do it I recommend scouting out around your parents house ahead of time, keep a key to their house, and camp out around there. Having that place to go when necessary (when they aren't around) will help you a lot man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    That's definitely NOT the only issue.
    Please tell me what else there is to worry about.

I understand when people have to worry about making it back into society, money and getting back on track, but its like i have this luxury of having it all handle to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by timberx View Post
    Where are you going to shower?
    I would suggest the YMCA.

That is not a necessarily for survival.
    It might not be needed at first, but you wont be able to enter most businesses and buy food if you don't, so unless you want to eat out of a bin, you shower.

What is your disability or sickness?

Don't live on the actual street, there's cars there.

Try for an alleyway, or an underpass or something.

Know what happens to people that believe everything is set in stone and they don't have to make a backup plan?

They get fucked.

Sometimes literally, sometimes figuratively.

Signed,

the person that pins all hopes on one thing. and has been repeatedly fucked over.
    Hahaha, yeah that is correct but there is a difference between putting your eggs in a basket hoping it will work and have almost a contract signed.

Hahaha, yeah that is correct but there is a difference between putting your eggs in a basket hoping it will work and have almost a contract signed.
    Hey, I had a contract almost signed too.

Guess what? I didn't get the job. And I still have no job. Because people change their mind, and situations change, and you get fucked because you decided "eh, 3 months homeless is fine, this is a SURE THING!".

That's also what gets gambling addicts fucked up the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by cam5778 View Post
    What is your disability or sickness?
    Lyme disease, CFS/Firomylagia(not like these means anything)

Basically a hell ton of horrible health problems that no doctors can do shit for and living at home makes me chronically stressed and I'm hoping living in the wild allows me to rest once and for all as that's all i care for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well true, a lot of the homeless people worldwide are African but arent they also the happiest people on earth?

I couldn't care less about playing video game, that stuff is just a distraction, all I do is lay in bed all day long because my health won't allow me to do shit and I do realize that living on the street is a risk factor of death and that's really the cold doing that which is why I'm wondering if the extra layer of clothing would be enough to cover that.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I have welfare like I mentioned.

1: Extra layer or not, Canada is too cold for living on the Street, use a camp site, with tends and Sleeping bags. Concrete sucks the warmth right out of your body no matter how many layers you have.

Also if you are on Welfare, let your social worker know that you are at risk for moving to the streets, they can expedite housing if needed.

Hey, I had a contract almost signed too.

Guess what? I didn't get the job. And I still have no job. Because people change their mind, and situations change, and you get fucked because you decided "eh, 3 months homeless is fine, this is a SURE THING!".

That's also what gets gambling addicts fucked up the ass.
    Except im not almost guaranteed a place in 3 months, i am guaranteed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i take you have plenty of experience with being homeless to say that?
    I do. And I'm saying Don't.