Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    1: Extra layer or not, Canada is too cold for living on the Street, use a camp site, with tends and Sleeping bags. Concrete sucks the warmth right out of your body no matter how many layers you have.

Also if you are on Welfare, let your social worker know that you are at risk for moving to the streets, they can expedite housing if needed.
    I told my social worker about this and they denied me a place to stay because i required a freaking special diet and they wouldn't allow me to have my own food to cook. No, instead i was to eat pasta and pizza which would have murdered me, literally.

Question whatever you take for granted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    internet access, not forums for homeless people.
    There are. Although most are associated with Charities like the Salvation Army.

The thing is that in 3 months I have a place where I'll be able to live for another 2 yr, so its not like i have to do any work to get back on my feet or even worry about making income. My ONLY worry is to survive the weather and environment.
    If I may ask, if there is a place for you that will keep you for 2 years, why is it a problem to wait for another 3 months? Is the situation at home that bad? Are you just curious about whether you can handle being homeless?
    It does affect this choice of yours. You shouldn't choose that kind of life unless there's a good reason. I won't tell you what I would do in your place, I don't know what your situation is, but so far we can only make assumptions as to why are you doing this, and doubting you as a person for wanting to make that choice.

From my perspective, I live in a small apartment, but I am very very very glad that I actually have an apartment. And if you're ok financially, and the people you are living with aren't doing things to you that require calling the police, I fail to see the reasoning. It seems atm as you are bored of your parents and want to be left alone, hoping that being homeless isn't a "biggie" or whatever, which is why I'm asking you these questions.

Except im not almost guaranteed a place in 3 months, i am guaranteed.
    "almost a contract"

"i am guaranteed"

Again: deciding to "live in the wild" as a way to "destress" and pinning everything on it working without a single flaw is monumentally stupid.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    There's a lot of empty houses and building that lots of squatters live in (at least in my state), you could do that.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

You seriously don't have a friend's couch you can crash on for 3 months?

Geez...why you all telling him not to live on the Street?

This is like the perfect example of Darwinism. If he lives past a week, we can get some real good info from him. If he doesn't well...like Darwin says...Survival of the Fittest.

You know how you keep a population healthy? You let the weak/sickly die so that their Bad Genes do not get back into the population.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you're stupid. No offense but at the same time offense intended.

Living on the street isn't anything to glorify. I should know. It's not even the weather, how could you say the weather would be your biggest hurdle? Let me break it down for you.

You're begging for money to support yourself after a few months because the place you work no longer accepts "im homeless" as a reason for you not to be clean, on time, and you just 'borrowed' another drink because you were thirsty.

The cops are assholes and dont give a shit about your SITUATION. If you're in ANYONES way and they phone the police, you're being woken up at 2:30AM, 5:00AM etc etc. They will sit there and either make sure you're GONE or they'll put you in their car and drive you off to the next city.

The welfare office makes it incredibly hard for any person in poverty to obtain benefits but other assholes leaving the offices in SUV's with 22 inch rims are getting them no problem.

Your situation better and I mean BETTER be a dire one. I mean you're being physically abused on an hourly basis by your parents or your spouse, you already phoned the police and the police did nothing about it.

Unless you're living in that^ situation, then SUCK IT UP. Stay home, save up some money and make more sound decision.

Stop making long term decisions based off short term emotions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I have worked with people that lost homes, jobs and other things like that and went from a house to living in a car then out on the streets I understand that progression it is sad, but unfortunately things like that happen. The ones that are the harder cases are people that left a house at some point because they were fed up or pissed off about something and in a sense ran away. Wanted some life or freedom or just wanted to blow up everything they had. Those people are the ones that never seem to leave the streets.
    Yah, my only real advise for him, is if he's dead set on it, pick someplace nice to be on the streets. Because it's the hardest life on earth, and frankly the only upside is personal freedom. And that is limited to not being able to interact with anyone but homeless people, or social workers. He's on welfare, so he at least has a check every so often, which means he should look at other options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly man, I would look into some of the options @Gothicshark suggested. A 24 hour gym, the YMCA, a shelter, ANYTHING I think would be better than actually living on the streets. I wish you the best.

sig made by BeastyBeauty

Also, try to pick a street/alleyway/underpass that runs north/south, because most of the wind in canada comes out of the west. You may as well enhance your shelter a little bit.

Sure, those north wind days will absolutely suck, but you'll have built up your fat layers and your nest of rags and cardboard behind the dumpster by then won't you?

I told my social worker about this and they denied me a place to stay because i required a freaking special diet and they wouldn't allow me to have my own food to cook. No, instead i was to eat pasta and pizza which would have murdered me, literally.
    Living on the streets isn't going to open up your menu options.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that hard to believe... my "mother in law" is a social worker in my city here in Ontario and they would never do that to someone. I can't imagine anywhere else in Canada being drastically different.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    If I may ask, if there is a place for you that will keep you for 2 years, why is it a problem to wait for another 3 months? Is the situation at home that bad? Are you just curious about whether you can handle being homeless?
    It does affect this choice of yours. You shouldn't choose that kind of life unless there's a good reason. I won't tell you what I would do in your place, I don't know what your situation is, but so far we can only make assumptions as to why are you doing this, and doubting you as a person for wanting to make that choice.

From my perspective, I live in a small apartment, but I am very very very glad that I actually have an apartment. And if you're ok financially, and the people you are living with aren't doing things to you that require calling the police, I fail to see the reasoning. It seems atm as you are bored of your parents and want to be left alone, hoping that being homeless isn't a "biggie" or whatever, which is why I'm asking you these questions.
    Yep pretty much, I used to live on my own for 4 yr and paid my due until I got sick and was forced back home and now I have toughed 3 yr of insanity and everyday i ask myself how i find the strength to live yet one more day like this.

I thought of suiciding many times as whatever I do I am doomed to get sicker and die anyway and my dad drives me insane and I was hoping that the street could offer some mental relief and allow me to rest some. My mind is constantly stressed the fuck out from the slightest noise and the slightest thing from the illness and so i was hoping living in the wild would allow me to get away from all of this and that in 3 months where i get the place i get to live, i can just bounce back to living in the new place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    You seriously don't have a friend's couch you can crash on for 3 months?
    nope, I asked the only one i thought could.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Do you have money? If so, check out motels/hotels that have weekly rates. It might not be the nicest place but it is a roof over your head.

Deleted
    Lyme disease, CFS/Firomylagia(not like these means anything)

Basically a hell ton of horrible health problems that no doctors can do shit for and living at home makes me chronically stressed and I'm hoping living in the wild allows me to rest once and for all as that's all i care for.
    Lyme disease is caused by ticks. It seems odd to want to expose yourself to more such health risks in the wild.

I can't believe a person with chronic fatigue syndrome is going to do well on the streets, it's hard enough in the comforts of home (as you are finding out). You will rest much better at home with doctors to monitor you.

Seriously, you are not thinking straight. You need to talk to a professional counsellor or someone. You could start by talking to your parents about your plans. Most parents would do anything to avoid their child doing what you are contemplating.

This is a stupid idea... So stupid.

You can also consider crashing at a local crackhouse, just buy a rock every now and then to look legitimate and allay suspicions. You don't even have to smoke it or shoot if you don't want, just pass it off to one of the other people coming through.

Downsides is it would probably end up even worse than home, and you know the high likelihood of getting stabbed or shot or robbed or raped, but you're committed to this aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Lyme disease is caused by ticks. It seems odd to want to expose yourself to more such health risks in the wild.

I can't believe a person with chronic fatigue syndrome is going to do well on the streets, it's hard enough in the comforts of home (as you are finding out). You will rest much better at home with doctors to monitor you.

Seriously, you are not thinking straight. You need to talk to a professional counsellor or someone. You could start by talking to your parents about your plans. Most parents would do anything to avoid their child doing what you are contemplating.
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...is that like a doctors "PC" medical term to tell someone that they are fat and lazy?

Perhaps you could find some assistance here?

http://www.homeless.org.au/directory/canada.htm