Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    I have no doubt he will after his speech about speed, but we'll have to wait and see. I don't think Wally has powers in the current comics so there is a chance they might not have him become a speedster.
    nah, he'll have powers at some point, theyve been talking about having more speedsters since season 1 ended, theyre also planning on bringing in impulse/bart allen at some point.

for people who dont know who wally is im sure its fine for them, but every episode im like FOCKIN RUN FAST YA SHIT @_@ and he doesnt do it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no doubt he will after his speech about speed, but we'll have to wait and see. I don't think Wally has powers in the current comics so there is a chance they might not have him become a speedster.
    Actually, Wally is recently discoverin that something weird is happening to him. He's exhibiting signs of the Speed Force already.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i really like the time travel theory. i just hope atleast 1 jay with powers survives as a good guy so we can have flash team ups still.

also something i think you guys missed, jesses meta human detector was going off around wally, do you think wallys powers are just dormant?
    I didn't even notice that, but I hope he becomes a good meta - so far it's only Barry and Cisco, the general impression is that metas are very bad, not good. but so are most people, they just don't have enough dangerous tools to be troublesome, or understand they won't get away with it, so that keeps them in-line.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope when Wally does show signs of the Speed Force on the show, he cools down the attitude. I totally understand why he's kinda not the most social person but it does get annoying(To me anyways).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think the V9 is still involved in the whole Zoom story arc. The answer will probably be simpleish
    The velocity formula sure is, but it doesn't have to be the final V9. I wonder if Zoom could reverse engineer it from Corpse Jay. Whichever variation Trajectory used gave her powers, but V9 caused all sorts of problems for Jessie rather than instant transform. When V9 combined with V-Trajectory, it caused Trajectory to go super fast but also disolve, so maybe it boosted her speed a lot more than her resilience.

I am a bit worried we'll see Zoom now only unmasked which I think...wouldn't be the best. He's far scarier with the mask on.
    Yeah, I was never big on Jay anyway, so I'd prefer to keep the mask on as much as possible.It was always a cool mask.

- - - Updated - - -

I just hope when Wally does show signs of the Speed Force on the show, he cools down the attitude. I totally understand why he's kinda not the most social person but it does get annoying(To me anyways).
    I just can't imagine his "gotta be faster" speeches aren't linked to V9 and Jay's similar feelings of inadequacy on Earth2.

I would like future speedsters to be slower than Flash though, the Fastest Man Alive shit is just dumb so far. :-p
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The enemy has to be stronger than the hero initially, otherwise it would be over too quickly to make a story out of it.

he'll probably be upset/jealous at first when he finds out barry was the flashing and lying to him but once he becomes whatever they'll call him (hes kind of too old to be kid flash) he'll be fine.

maybe they can give wally the impulse name and bart allen the kid flash name
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    which jay is real and which is not jay. is real jay dead or is zoom a shape shifter? we jsut dont know enough.
    Hi

The enemy has to be stronger than the hero initially, otherwise it would be over too quickly to make a story out of it.
    Zoom or RF sure, but if Wally or Jessie gets speed, the plot shouldn't need them to be faster than him. Trajectory's speed should have been less, but the surprise of her existing would be the plot, and with the final V9 she'd excede him as she disintegrates. He should be outthinking enemies more, rather than it coming down to who has more ranks in Speed Force.

It's why I also would prefer enemies that had different powers, something like Turtle is better for me than someone who is simply faster than him. I'd also like it if two Speedsters fighting was shown with them at normal speed in a slow world, so it's not just a foot race.

And they need one of the precognitive types or at least one of the planner types.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I think that's just cos you don't like those sort of people irl... probably reminds you of someone that bullies you?

I think his attitude is fine, it's part of his character, and it makes sense given his background, however, the jerk part of it could have been a phase thing, that was brought on by events with his mum and finding his dad and measuring up to Barry. What I hope they don't do is make him into the cliche jealous sibling... so tired of that rubbish.

They have a few teaser clips out for Monday's crossover event, I chose to share this one because I love the irony of the clip

From this week's promo for the Flash Back episode: "The time wraith ... after someone who's traveled back through time ... who doesn't know what they're doing. Scary, aren't they?."

How much do you want to bet that this turns out to be why Future-Barry warned off Barry from interfering at the end of last season? Which could mean that Eobard sent Barry back to save his mother knowing it would fail because of the time wraiths and Barry not being an experienced time traveler. It would have been his final, ultimate victory over the Flash.

Wonder if Barry's comment about evil earth on Supergirl was just referring to earth 2 Caitlin, Cisco and Ronnie or if we'll get to see the Crime Syndicate Earth.

Wonder if Barry's comment about evil earth on Supergirl was just referring to earth 2 Caitlin, Cisco and Ronnie or if we'll get to see the Crime Syndicate Earth.
    The former I'm guessing
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Crossover wasn't as good as it was hyped to be, its also ahead of the current Flash story line. Seems like they just aired it out of time sync just to push a romance on Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Crossover wasn't as good as it was hyped to be, its also ahead of the current Flash story line. Seems like they just aired it out of time sync just to push a romance on Supergirl.
    All of the best scenes were in the promos and previews. I admit to being disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    It was really meant to be a "buddy cop" episode, having two people who aren't always down on themselves and enjoy being heroes instead of feeling like they had the responsibility thrust upon them.

I'm just going to repeat what I said in the Supergirl thread: the Flash was wasted on the crossover episode. He got his ass kicked in both fights and ultimately contributed very little to bringing them down. Everything he did contribute was either offscreen (teaching the cops how to keep metahumans captive) or ultimately minor (the earplugs). I was hoping for better teamup battles.

Considering the hoops they had to jump through to make this crossover happen (on different networks and all), I was expecting much better. In fact, you could have easily rewritten the episode to make it so Barry didn't even appear.

we'll get another crossover next year. i looked at this crossover as simply "hey, we gonna do this now" and nothing more. we'll get a better one next season and hopefully it'll be 2 episodes or even multiple.

hopefully kara comes over to starling city, i wanna see all 4 shows crossover

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Considering the hoops they had to jump through to make this crossover happen (on different networks and all), I was expecting much better. In fact, you could have easily rewritten the episode to make it so Barry didn't even appear.
    You know, I bet you're right, but in the opposite direction. This cross-over wasn't originally planned when this series story arc was being thought out, so it's entirely possible that this episode originally wasn't written with Barry in it, and they did the re-write to include him. He didn't contribute meaningfully to either fight, and all of his tech support and pep talking could have been done by Wynn and Olsen. Her being beat up two-against-one would also make the crowd rescue that much more reasonable.