Page 25 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Also remember that the person making the complaint was basically saying it was due to their daughter.

Now I don't know about you lot but if I found a video game that I didn't consider child-friendly I would either
    a) not let the damn child play it in the first place
    b) do what any responsible adult should do and actually take on the responsibilities of a parent and explain the difference between a video game and the real world

I'm genuinely worried for that child. Since apparently Overwatch is what is going to be raising her.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinavi View Post

In all seriousness, I think the pose is sexy. Why is that a bad thing? Is sex just bad now? But extreme violence is ok? Take that to the logical extreme and humanity as a very bleak future indeed....
    Of course. It's the US. The populous is normalised to extreme violence. It's encouraged, and part of everyday life. I can legally openly carry a firearm into my workplace; total madness. But heaven forfend a pair of arsecheeks appear in a video game; someone might get offended, or worse, sue.

You wanna know what's sad, Tracer's accent has gotten more complaints yet it took one complaint to change her pose lol.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The real victim here is the alleged eight year old daughter of the poster.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Embernetic View Post
    Also remember that the person making the complaint was basically saying it was due to their daughter.

Now I don't know about you lot but if I found a video game that I didn't consider child-friendly I would either
    a) not let the damn child play it in the first place
    b) do what any responsible adult should do and actually take on the responsibilities of a parent and explain the difference between a video game and the real world

I'm genuinely worried for that child. Since apparently Overwatch is what is going to be raising her.
    Not to mention Overwatch is a T rated game.

Not that you'd need to be 13 to realize that...men and women have butts.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    The real victim here is the alleged eight year old daughter of the poster.
    so freaking true.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    3 of the male characters are topless and have out nipples for all to see. Is that not vastly more offensive than a pose?

Roadhog has nipple ring accessories for gosh sakes!
    i feel like youre just confused about the issue they are debating, which didnt have anything to do with the outfit of the character, and had everything to do with the pose. like if you wanted to bring up an argument about male vs female characters you would probably want to post a picture of the sexualized male poses.

She doesn't even have a good butt...

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    i feel like youre just confused about the issue they are debating, which didnt have anything to do with the outfit of the character, and had everything to do with the pose. like if you wanted to bring up an argument about male vs female characters you would probably want to post a picture of the sexualized male poses.
    It's just a retarded argument in the first place. She complains that the pose "sexualizes" her, whatever the fuck that means when she's just turning her back to the camera. By the same logic the statue you could buy is even worse in that regard. Should blizzard recall all of these since they are obviously dangerous(problematic) to children under 5? I mean they might grow up to be sluts if the character has a visible ass after all. Jesus christ this world has gone to shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    It's only about the pose?
    Then why aren't they removing all the other over-the-shoulder poses from all the other characters?

I'm lucky I'm gay, because nobody will ever seriously (read: getting results) cry out against male sexualization in media/art/games/etc. (well, at least for a while I guess. I'll be dead?)

So sad for the female booty lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    It's only about the pose?
    Then why aren't they removing all the other over-the-shoulder poses from all the other characters?
    The argument was that for that very particular character the poster felt that the pose she made was out of character and thus sexualizing.

She's basically saying that no woman can stand a certain way unless she fits a certain personality that she personally (the poster) ascribe that stance/pose to. Ironically this is actually really sexist and considering this was for the sake of "their 6 year old daughter" I'm pretty concerned for the child. She's teaching her that women aren't allowed to act a certain way unless they have a certain personality that she feels is suitable for it.

Even more ironic is that Blizzard apparently supports this, which in effect supports enforcing stereotypes.
    Last edited by NFA; 2016-03-29 at 02:40 AM.

So the next time blizzard drops the ball on an expansion like they did with WoD, let's just say we're uncomfortable and offended

She should be more worried about the community than the pose of a character.
    Shooters breed ragers
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Meanwhile little girls play with barbie dolls, that are even more sexualised, enforce the impossible standard on kids that they look perfect and should look for a perfect-looking partner, and you might argue even being a golddigger.

Awesome.

Meanwhile little boys are playing war with sticks, Action Mans, legos, and/or G.I.Joes.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like complaining about games being too violent for your kids, instead of actually parenting your kids. Don't buy them the damn game if you think it is inappropriate, simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Meanwhile little girls play with barbie dolls, that are even more sexualised, enforce the impossible standard on kids that they look perfect and should look for a perfect-looking partner, and you might argue even being a golddigger.

Awesome.

Meanwhile little boys are playing war with sticks, Action Mans, legos, and/or G.I.Joes.
    Not to mention her labia are perfectly neat and tucked in. While normal labia come in all shapes/sizes, and don't always look tight like that.

Why is no one talking about the labias?

You can still fap to some r34, nerds. No need to get so mad about SJWs

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    You can still fap to some r34, nerds. No need to get so mad about SJWs
    The problem is that "think of the children" mentality is actually gaining ground. It's a T-rated game when she's an irresponsible parent for letting her daughter play it. It has guns but a pose that's sexual? God forbid.

Remember when you were a kid and Harry Potter was taking off? Fun books about wizards and witches who were just about your age and went to a magic school? Then you might also remembers those parents that wanted to see them banned from school for promoting OCCULT BEHAVIOR and SATAN'S DARK MAGIC?

This is exactly the same thing. Overprotective helicopter parents fearing for their lives and spoiled first world college students with nothing better to do than get outraged about something.