Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    not a frostbolt, but a Blizzard surely. Even with the Iris, it took Jaina hours to form a tidal wave.
    That tidal wave would have been capable of destroying a whole city so that doesn't equate to a 1v1 fight. The guy I quoted implied that casters in lore vs gamplay would have to sit and chant for an hour to do the things we do in game. Sure a demonic gateway might take a few minutes, but casting something like Agony would be like blowing dust at the enemy.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That tidal wave would have been capable of destroying a whole city so that doesn't equate to a 1v1 fight. The guy I quoted implied that casters in lore vs gamplay would have to sit and chant for an hour to do the things we do in game. Sure a demonic gateway might take a few minutes, but casting something like Agony would be like blowing dust at the enemy.
    In Cycle of Hatred a human has a Flashback of some random mage getting torn to shred by Demons after killing the knights that were supposed to protect him. so obviously every Wizard isnt chucking spells left and right.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    In Cycle of Hatred a human has a Flashback of some random mage getting torn to shred by Demons after killing the knights that were supposed to protect him. so obviously every Wizard isnt chucking spells left and right.
    Yeah, but the general powerlevel increased fairly since then in the Lore. In Cycle of Hatred, a single Demon was still far more powerful in comparison with modern lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Strongest from Weakest:
    1. Mage/Warlock
    2. DK/DH
    3. Shaman
    4. Druid
    5. Monk
    6. Paladin
    7. Rogue
    8. Priest
    9. Warrior
    10. Hunter
    Monks are NOT stronger than pallies

1.Mage
    2.Warlock
    3.DK
    4.DH
    5.Shaman
    6.Paladin
    7.Druid
    8.Monk
    9.Priest
    10.Warrior
    11.Rogue
    12.Hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post

1.Mage
    2.Warlock
    3.DK
    4.DH
    5.Shaman
    6.Paladin
    7.Druid
    8.Monk
    9.Priest
    10.Warrior
    11.Rogue
    12.Hunter
    What makes DKs stronger than Pallies?

7+ Year Old Account
    Power level charts about the classes are bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    what in the ass make monks, rogues and priests stronger than warriors

warriors actually fight equal against paladins and dks

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

and us Bears. By gawd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post

1.Mage
    2.Warlock
    3.DK
    4.DH
    5.Shaman
    6.Paladin
    7.Druid
    8.Monk
    9.Priest
    10.Warrior
    11.Rogue
    12.Hunter
    what makes DK stronger than DH????don't give me that "Arthas beat Illidan" crap.also,why are they above Pala????

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Probably, until they start using magic, then warriors are done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    also to note there is no healthbars in lore, a Warrior only needs to hit a Dk once in the right spot and vice versa, alot of this comes down to who hit first.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Ahem.

I'm sure that's also a fine example.

The point wasn't "Iron Fist is the most badass monk-type character ever" the point was "Saying monks 'just use their fists' is extremely inaccurate"

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Most Holy Priests are more Healers and Supporters Lorewise, probably the strongest and most efficient in healing.

But Light's Wrath, Benedictus Lightside Mode and Isilien have shown us just how badass a Holy Priest can be if he uses the Light to crush his enemies.
    Yeah, I unconfidently said holy priest only because I haven't seen many instances of awesome holy priest action in the lore, especially some that isn't healing. Now that I think about it though, one holy priest that I think is REALLY badass would have to be Revil Kost from the Dark Riders comics (also featured in some of the upcoming Legion artifact quests). He killed a lot of worgens and their pack leader for revenge, took the Scythe of Elune, and now spends the rest of his days using the artifact to lure out the Dark Riders of Deadwind Pass and kill them all. (Although I think I really glazed over his whole story and you should check out the Dark Riders comic if you're interested.)

I mean just look at this guy, you can already tell he's a badass just from looking at him. I love that they managed to make him look so cool with so little armor and whatnot. He doesn't need all the traditional priestly robes, a mysterious hood, adornments, etc. Ol' Kost just needs his hammer, the light, and a mean look.

With that in mind, I think a more realistic answer to OP's question (and to all the debating i've seen about melee vs caster) is that there is no "strongest" or "weakest" class. They are just all equally good and unique ways to kill people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I think Monks are the weakest at all. Look at a Warrior: A Fighter in a heavy Armor who fights either with Greatswords, heavy two handed Axes or Warhammers, Weapon and Shield or two Weapons, last is pretty stupid. Monks fight with their fists.
    But the thing is, Monks have their own ways of getting past armor, and they can probably outright break it in a lot of cases. Keep in mind the first monks were nothing but slaves in rags and shackles. They had to learn how to fight and revolt against a superpower nation of these 8 feet tall terracotta slavers, equipped with all kinds of torturous weapons and tactics, and they had to do it with nothing but their hands, feet, and the weight of their enemies. In more modern times only 100 or so monks are able to stand on a wall and defend the rest of the continent against thousands of mantid soldiers, all covered in chitinous armor and brandishing fierce weapons, both coming at them from land and air.

In WoW at least, each class has their own way of overcoming obstacles, no matter what class you argue. Therefore arguing which one is better than the other is kind of pointless, as it becomes a vicious cycle.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2016-03-29 at 04:33 AM.

Deleted
    I think Isilien was pretty awesome. He was the Grand Inquisitor of the Scarlet Crusade, one of the guys who purged the Ashbringer Crystall and he slaughtered Taelan Fordring without problems, after Taelan slaughtered his way through Hearthglen.

And the whole Story how the Pandaren have beaten the Mogu is pretty much bullshit and illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Uh no that's not how it works. Most casters outside of gameplay can still cast filler type spells easily. Mages in lore don't need to sit for hours to conjure one frostbolt.
    surely, but i specified big things. clearly a simple telekinetik explosion can be quite easy to do, but hence the first human flamestrike needed a lot of mages with an entire army that outmanouvred the trolls in the preparation

Deleted
    Nah, man, we the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    surely, but i specified big things. clearly a simple telekinetik explosion can be quite easy to do, but hence the first human flamestrike needed a lot of mages with an entire army that outmanouvred the trolls in the preparation
    Yeah, but that was not a simple flamestrike, more a giant spell of mass destruction with the power of at least one iris-powered manabomb.

I haven't played or paid attention to the lore for years, but this OP is backwards. Warriors could be argued as the weakest class in lore, but I would probably say Rogues or Hunters would be weaker. Or maybe Monks, I guess. I quit before Monks were a thing so I don't know where they factor in.

Mages, Druids, and Warlocks are by far the most powerful, not necessarily in that order.

Warriors are just douches that don't have any skills so they hit things. They are the Stormtroopers of the WoW universe. They look cool and they can fuck up peasents and shit, but as soon as somone has any magic or a bow, they are canon-fodder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Contrary to your belief that would be warriors.