Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It is perfectly fine for a guy to wear silver necklaces and rings.

I'd say it depends more on the specific look or style of the jewelry as opposed to its material.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do what you enjoy man. Some people will think you're strange, other people will think you look fine. Also, you could decide to not care what people think about what you wear .

I can't wear jewelry. It's all just so uncomfortable. Watches aren't jewelry imo, but they're uncomfortable too (plus, cellphones already let us know what time it is ). I doubt I could even wear a wedding ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necklaces and earrings can be pretty nice on some people but something about rings (aside from wedding rings) just screams tacky to me. That goes for women as well. I know a girl who wears like 4-6 at any given time. That has to be uncomfortable

Deleted
    The only jewelry a man can wear is a watch and a wedding ring imo.

Anything can look classy or stylish, depending on how it's worn. I wear a silver necklace (as a guy) for sentimental reasons, and I don't worry about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The only jewelry a man can wear is a watch and a wedding ring imo.
    I agree but of course, that's subjective.

OP is from the Netherlands like us, therefore he should know the Dutch tolerate pretty much anything. OP, do whatever the hell makes you comfortable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I agree but of course, that's subjective.

OP is from the Netherlands like us, therefore he should know the Dutch tolerate pretty much anything. OP, do whatever the hell makes you comfortable.
    We tolerate almost everything? Hmm, I thought the exact opposite

A man wearing a necklace will be put aside right away by others as either from a lower social class or even as "scum".
    I have to admit that I don't live in a big city, so that might have something to do with our different experiences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Personally, I don't like it when men wear jewelry, other than a wedding ring.
    You prefer married men? You hussy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    That's sexist
    Not necessarily. There are necklaces/jewellery in general designed more with one gender in mind. Arwen's evening star is a prime example of that.
    Sure, you can wear it as a man just fine - but be aware that it does have a more feminine appearance.

Just like I would not wear most men's jewellery because they look bland in comparison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just a simple question, i been starting to get interested in wearing rings and necklaces, Is it okay for a guy to wear silver necklaces and having rings that are silver? Or will people think weird of you?
    People will think you are pathetic and walk all over you if you constantly try and win their approval, I'd worry about that more. Wear what the fuck you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Just a simple question, i been starting to get interested in wearing rings and necklaces, Is it okay for a guy to wear silver necklaces and having rings that are silver? Or will people think weird of you?
    Honestly, as long as you don't make a big deal about it, like shoving the issue in peoples' faces, I don't see how it'd be a problem. I wear a small metal bead chain (with a key attached to it hidden under my shirt) and a blue ring on my left middle finger.
    I personally don't ever see men wear literal jewelled silver necklaces (say it has diamonds and such) and it probably looks feminine, but really it isn't an issue unless you make it one.

Say, for the sake of an example, you go through a security scanner like the ones at an airport, and you refuse to take it off because you need to "defend your femininity as a male," or something. Then it's just stupid, because at the end of the day, it's a necklace. There's nothing to be won by wearing it, and nothing to be lost by not wearing it.

You can wear whatever you like, you're strong independent man *fingersnap headbob*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    We tolerate almost everything? Hmm, I thought the exact opposite

A man wearing a necklace will be put aside right away by others as either from a lower social class or even as "scum".
    I have to admit that I don't live in a big city, so that might have something to do with our different experiences.
    I live in Amsterdam and luckily, people generally aren't as superficial.

Although it won't help you if you look like this:

That said, a colleague and fellow physician does kinda look like the dude above... ^^

Wear whatever you want, who cares. I don't wear jewelry or accessories because I don't like them, I'd be too lazy to find/put them on every day, and I don't like being snagged on stuff while at work/play.

Saw that you work out or w/e, just don't wear that shit to a gym. No one wants to remove your corpse from the power station because your necklace got caught and strangled you to death.

People should be able to wear whatever they want. As-long as they aren't naked in public kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, why the double middle fingers?
    That's a good question. Two reasons, I guess. Symmetry is one. The other is that they are out of the way. When I wore rings on my pinkie or index finger, they would bang things, get caught or snagged. Ring finger has obvious connotations, so middles just worked out best. I never have to take these rings off, which is a huge plus.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    I live in Amsterdam and luckily, people generally aren't as superficial.

Although it won't help you if you look like this:

That said, a colleague and fellow physician does kinda look like the dude above... ^^
    lol looks like an 80's chuckle brother who did some heroin and turned evil.

but i think jewlry on men looks stupid, the worst thing ive seen is people having stuff done to there teeth like goldie

10+ Year Old Account
    Go for it, Silver is a lot more tasteful than Gold too.

You are not allowed to, please ship all this silver items to my address and you will be free from sin.

Deathmaster of Defilers of Arathor - Emerald Dream - US