Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev3rM0r3 View Post
    Where the hell does everyone get the balls to bash a movie that hasn't had more then 2 minutes of preview out. And the constant bashing of the CG work in the movie. Again, based on what? All this stuff is made up, the characters, the beings, the magic, the entire god damn world set is made up. The cg from what I've seen is right where it should be. I don't see as an animation artist myself where it should be better? And its the first film in the franchise. It will only get better every movie. That's how it works. I get that tons of you enjoy being trolls but your arguments have no sound basis. There is just not enough to go on from a few preview seconds and screen shots of those previews. And when a movie HAS to be 90+% CG you are going to have moments where you go, ok, yeah that didn't quite hit the mark. This isn't star wars where everyone is real and they blue screen it. There are like a handful of real people based on what I've seen. The CG is going to be what it is, and that doesn't make the story, or the action or the outcome.

And then everyone talking about this movie ruining the game for them. WHAT THE HELL is wrong with everyone. Why would creating a movie about a made up story kill the game for anyone? Everyone has been pushing for this movie for like 8 years now. Why would it make the game less appealing now that it's almost dead anyways? I think the movie being placed this far back where it started gives the franchise room to create more story's and movies for warcraft in the event that its a huge hit. On top of that there has been no release of full movie length. If this is a 3 hour film and you are judging it based on a 30 second snippet, I mean common, who's the bad guy here (you). If you were a fan of wow and the lore and the books, then this movie gives us all something to look froward too. It gets us off the computer, into an immersive story that becomes more then just a cut scene between raid bosses and lets us enjoy it with our friends and familys so that they can be immersed in the world of geekdom that we've so much become part of. This above everything in wow Is what I've been waiting for. And I guarantee this will spike game play from not only veterans but new players a like.
    People don't need balls - or your permission - to have an opinion.

I'm in the "something is just off" camp with it. Some scenes look great. Too many don't.

And, I don't need to justify my opinion to you, or anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    People don't need balls - or your permission - to have an opinion.

I'm in the "something is just off" camp with it. Some scenes look great. Too many don't.

And, I don't need to justify my opinion to you, or anyone else.
    Tru dat,

Then again you could sway others with your reasonings.. thats y know.. the main reason for having speech n stuff.

Then again, I totally agree with you, movie looks corny, it'd have been better if they made it the same way they make the game intros... this is going to flop, possibly even more because everyone watching it will most likely e reckognised as a wow player.. something which has its own whole boatload of prejudices tied into it.

Wth Blizz? You're finally revamping Guardians' horribly uniform spell graphics, only to turn around and make their only vaguely unique spell the same as the others?

Where the hell does everyone get the balls to bash a movie that hasn't had more then 2 minutes of preview out. And the constant bashing of the CG work in the movie. Again, based on what? All this stuff is made up, the characters, the beings, the magic, the entire god damn world set is made up. The cg from what I've seen is right where it should be. I don't see as an animation artist myself where it should be better? And its the first film in the franchise. It will only get better every movie. That's how it works. I get that tons of you enjoy being trolls but your arguments have no sound basis. There is just not enough to go on from a few preview seconds and screen shots of those previews. And when a movie HAS to be 90+% CG you are going to have moments where you go, ok, yeah that didn't quite hit the mark. This isn't star wars where everyone is real and they blue screen it. There are like a handful of real people based on what I've seen. The CG is going to be what it is, and that doesn't make the story, or the action or the outcome.

And then everyone talking about this movie ruining the game for them. WHAT THE HELL is wrong with everyone. Why would creating a movie about a made up story kill the game for anyone? Everyone has been pushing for this movie for like 8 years now. Why would it make the game less appealing now that it's almost dead anyways? I think the movie being placed this far back where it started gives the franchise room to create more story's and movies for warcraft in the event that its a huge hit. On top of that there has been no release of full movie length. If this is a 3 hour film and you are judging it based on a 30 second snippet, I mean common, who's the bad guy here (you). If you were a fan of wow and the lore and the books, then this movie gives us all something to look froward too. It gets us off the computer, into an immersive story that becomes more then just a cut scene between raid bosses and lets us enjoy it with our friends and familys so that they can be immersed in the world of geekdom that we've so much become part of. This above everything in wow Is what I've been waiting for. And I guarantee this will spike game play from not only veterans but new players a like.
    You can't say being an "animation artist" gives your opinion higher value. I majored in animation in college and I agree with people who are worried about the movie's reception. It doesn't take an expert to see that they're avoiding shots with long Orc dialogue. The Orc mouth movement is hard to sell for me. How can they realistically talk with those huge tusks in their mouth? Looks awkward. True, they could have a long way to go in development still. It might look great on the final production, but I think it's safe to say it will be hard to top CG on say, a movie like Avatar. This is a fantasy world with a lot more radical-looking creatures than tall blue people. For a vast majority of the "general public" I'm guessing this movie will feel very cheese, and the general public are the ones who are going to judge it and give it a critical rating. As for myself, I will like it regardless cause I'm already a huge fan. Most people on here are just voicing their concern. We want it to be received well by fans and genera public alike, and that's what we're all hoping for.

Think it looks great, shoot me

This looks so cheesy ...
    but well, benefit of the doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn this forum gives cancer to cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldriss View Post
    the cgi on the orcs especially their facial expressions has improved drastically
    Man, I had to create an account just for this comment. Here's a comparison between the first trailer from November 2015 and this trailer. Literally nothing has changed. Every single shot is 100% the same save for some color filters. Dat placebo effect.

imgur.com/a/0431x

You'll have to copy-paste the URL, because new account, can't post links and all that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ultimacy, nice link, yes there are obvious differences in coloring on many comparison pics.

It is pretty obvious on the 2x2 baby thrall pics, little thrall isnt like green alien from xcom anymore ^^,
    on durotan (is that him?) running (on horse i guess) check his arm muscle / skin recoloring,
    on durotan warcry pics,
    check the cloud coloring stormwind's sky,
    and the following 2x2 pics of battle show many passes of lighting,
    the running on the snow.

So there is obvious development going on, i would assume they are giving passes and passes over all video scenes of lighting and bringing all the green tone down. Obviously some pics are identical, so it just means, i hope, they just didnt pass over them yet OR the color balancing is ok.

Anyway, you saying LITERALLY NOTHING HAS CHANGED is kinda wrong, or to rephrase that, i personally didnt expect new CGI on the scenes we have already seen, after all color filters is what made 50% of the nerds angry in here. "green screen sucks"

You kids are hilarious. You're looking at a heavily compressed version of the BEST CGI TO DATE. There hasn't been CGI even close to this level yet.

Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    Ultimacy, nice link, yes there are obvious differences in coloring on many comparison pics.

It is pretty obvious on the 2x2 baby thrall pics, little thrall isnt like green alien from xcom anymore ^^,
    on durotan (is that him?) running (on horse i guess) check his arm muscle / skin recoloring,
    on durotan warcry pics,
    check the cloud coloring stormwind's sky,
    and the following 2x2 pics of battle show many passes of lighting,
    the running on the snow.

So there is obvious development going on, i would assume they are giving passes and passes over all video scenes of lighting and bringing all the green tone down. Obviously some pics are identical, so it just means, i hope, they just didnt pass over them yet OR the color balancing is ok.

Anyway, you saying LITERALLY NOTHING HAS CHANGED is kinda wrong, or to rephrase that, i personally didnt expect new CGI on the scenes we have already seen, after all color filters is what made 50% of the nerds angry in here. "green screen sucks"
    Well, my original response was to someone saying "the cgi on the orcs especially their facial expressions has improved drastically". The only change to footage we've already seen is minor color adjustment. I don't believe a simple color filter change qualifies as "drastically improved CGI", and color correction has little to do with the CGI in the first place. I can film myself right now and throw a color filter over it. Does that mean I created a video with CGI that I just improved?

There is no obvious development going on as far as the shots that we've seen since last year are concerned. These shots are entirely unchanged, save for some that have had color corrections, which is something that is done for any scene, not just CGI scenes. Hell, the only CGI shot that has actually changed since we first saw it in 2015 is the shot where Durotan is speaking to Anduin Lothar, and they cropped the lower half of Durotan's body out to hide an animation issue rather than fix it for the trailer. That's not much in the way of development. The ten seconds or so of new CGI footage in this latest trailer also does not appear to be noticeably different in quality when compared to previous trailer footage. Now, don't get me wrong: this is not to say they can't have been working on these shots since we first saw them in November 2015, but any work that may have been done is not (yet) reflected in any trailer footage. Claiming the models and animations have improved/changed in these shots is quite simply just a false statement. They are unaltered.

People see a trailer that's edited slightly better than the, um... less than stellar ones that came before and suddenly the CGI is better. People watch a poorly edited trailer with unfitting music and the CGI is bad again. CGI improvements seem to be all in the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcapone View Post
    You kids are hilarious. You're looking at a heavily compressed version of the BEST CGI TO DATE. There hasn't been CGI even close to this level yet.
    Laughably untrue. The best CGI is the stuff you don't even know is CGI. The movie is state of the art, yes, but there's nothing there to make it "THE OMG BEST TO DATE".

Laughably untrue. The best CGI is the stuff you don't even know is CGI. The movie is state of the art, yes, but there's nothing there to make it "THE OMG BEST TO DATE".
    So what CGI are you referring to? And is it something that doesn't even exist like orcs and magic?

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    So what CGI are you referring to? And is it something that doesn't even exist like orcs and magic?
    Pick one. CGI is in almost every major movie now, from backgrounds, to crowd scenes, anything involving car stunts - the stuff you buy as real, but was done on a computer. That's the hard stuff, the best of the best. Stuff like orcs and dragons and hobbits get a lot of attention, but the best work is the stuff you don't even notice.

Pick one. CGI is in almost every major movie now, from backgrounds, to crowd scenes, anything involving car stunts - the stuff you buy as real, but was done on a computer. That's the hard stuff, the best of the best. Stuff like orcs and dragons and hobbits get a lot of attention, but the best work is the stuff you don't even notice.
    Creating explosions and flipping cars is much easier than creating mythical creatures and magical effects that are the focal points of the entire movie.

Obviously, it is pretty early to say either way... but from what I've seen, Warcraft seems to be putting that type of CGI a big step ahead.

Lol @ wall of mad by butthurt blizz fanboy.

Also, didn't read any of this garbage.

Deleted
    SOOO many people dont understand what some of the posters feel wrong about the CGI...

Its not BAD, its indeed very good for computer graphic!!

I believe what most of us feel is that the CGI here dont blend so well with the live actors, and the scale is somehow off.
    Perhaps, because, wow always had that hyperbolist approach, (which is called cartoonish by some people), so the orcs are huge and massive, which is ok for a video game but is strange in a RL movie, if its not a Hulk sequel.

Thats why i think, if they went with CGI humans too, that would be better solution. My 2copper.

Still, the last trailer looks better, and i have some hope the film could be good enough afterall.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, my original response was to someone saying "the cgi on the orcs especially their facial expressions has improved drastically". The only change to footage we've already seen is minor color adjustment. I don't believe a simple color filter change qualifies as "drastically improved CGI", and color correction has little to do with the CGI in the first place. I can film myself right now and throw a color filter over it. Does that mean I created a video with CGI that I just improved?
    Ah i get your point now.

Thats why i think, if they went with CGI humans too, that would be better solution. My 2copper.
    I bet CGI is more expensive than human actor
    I still believe that ORCS in the movie seem extremely larger compared to wow orcs/humans analogy for example.

But you would always know that it's CGI, because they told you it was... and also because those creatures don't exist in the real world, so regardless of the quality, you know it's CGI, so it's biasing your view upon it...

But with the example of Deadpool, most of the movie you don't even realize it's CGI because you haven't been told it was... And I've tried seeing the scene after knowing it's CGI, and suddenly, CGI stands out...

I'm sorry, the CGI here is okay, when you look a screenshots of the uncompressed version, the orcs look very real, and this is VERY good CGI, maybe not the best (especially the gryph), but it's amazingly good, and your argument about knowing about it being CGI is invalid because it's obvious that it's CGI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mekatron View Post
    The movie is gonna be the cliche of the cliches. The Romeo and Juliet stuff, and the "you and your worst enemy are actually on the same boat" is sooooooooooo boring. I don't care how good the CGI got. The problem is the obvious american patriotic plot of uniting forces in honor and pride and getting along because we're all the same deep down. Blergh. I will download the movie like 8 months from now, and will watch it when I have a floo afternoon or something.
    Oh so now you can judge an entire plot just from a 1min trailer ?? What bout the 119 (or so) other minutes ? No doubt there will be some plot elements that are not in the trailer...

That's what you're supposed to do. You judge the movie based on a 1 minute trailer. That's the fucking point of trailers. I watch 1 minute and decide if it looks cheesy as fuck or not and then decide to spend money on it or not. This is basic fucking common sense.