Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Violet Hold is getting revamped yes. But the old Northrend version of Violet Hold will still be there.

Karazhan I don't know. Hopefully if Blizzard does something with Kara in Legion they will still leave the old Kara there for level 70. They could easily do this by just having a separate instance portal for the "new" Kara if they do this.

Deleted
    Im feeling super lucky with rolls. Last week i got the blackhand mount and this week i got the archi mount

Quote Originally Posted by Lyraat View Post
    Excellent guide! I need to keep this page bookmarked.

Re: Ashran, etc. = I highly recommend Alliance Avengers or Horde Hydra premades for Ashran. There are others, I don't have any experience with them. Pugging is hit or miss at best. And if you're going for Warlord of Draenor, you need to run with an Ashran premade. Just not possible in a pug within a reasonable timeframe. You can cheese the Nemesis quests if you have friends/multiple accounts with characters of the other faction: Start a group advertising which race you're going to kill, find an out of the way graveyard, kill your friend, he rezzes, rinse, repeat for 4 hours. If your friend gets rezzed by another player, time is cut to ~45 minutes.

And I would argue that you should wait to do those achievements until next expansion. At level 110 with heroic dungeon gear, all WoD content will be trivialized. I would recommend working on the raid meta achievements if you have solid raid group already. Pugging those achievements--such as Ashes, Ashes--now isn't going to be pretty or successful. There will always be people looking to do old raid achieves. Might as well do them when you don't need to worry about mechanics.
    Well, something like Ashes, Ashes.... or the Mannoroth achievement may become harder in Legion as people forget how the mechanics work. And on top of that, doing it now you are more likely to get people who know what they are doing compared to in Legion when you'll have "super casuals" who expect to face roll everything and ignore mechanics. And there's a limit to how much out gearing something helps. Finally, it'll be awhile before there's another content drought where more people are willing to do raid achieves.

Socrethar achievement isn't going to get easier. Probably harder.

Gorefiend requires a minimum amount of people. How many, idk.

Xhul will be "fun" (can only kill him so fast)

Brackenspore achieve is annoying, though can be soloed ofc. Though if you are a DK....

Kromog you need 10 people I think?

Blast Furnace won't be any easier.

Idk if mages can make Oregorger easy anymore. This would be a huge one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    there're so many things to do before legion...nemesis quests, the weekly kills of the lk, garni invasions and my hunter on 85 wants to be one of my 100 as well....but on the other side is legion still far far away

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty much just taking 10 min everyday to do garrison missions and get paid until Legion comes out. Already made a few hundred thou.

Sometimes when I get bored I do some pet battles or BGs for fun.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Idk if mages can make Oregorger easy anymore. This would be a huge one.
    Alter Time is being removed in Legion, so Mages wont be able to cheese the Oregorger achievement anymore.

Maybe if they are Arcane and use a combination of the new Displacement spell plus some speed boosts/warlock gate/Life Grip, then maybe it might still be possible to cheese it.

Yeah been trying to clear up my backlog now which i do evertime when theres no new content for a while. But yeah if you need to do some achivement or old content just head to openraid.com, always get a lot of stuff done there. Have to wait till they officially announce the end of WOD CMs cos ppl just cant be bothered to do it unless they have an official deadline

Nice guide, added these on my to do-list!

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent, I think you missed the Deathwatch Hatchling though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

Decorative Garrison Monuments
    This is a Rumour I have heard, that all the Garrison Monuments will be unavaliable when Legion hits. Some are hard to get and some require long grinds. They might be worth doing though, to not loose a chance for a well decorated Garrison.

Mythic Dungeon Trinkets
    Right now, each Mythic Dungeon boss has a small chance to drop a Trinket (Five in total). These, from what have heard, will be unobtainable in Legion. So get into the dungeons and farm them. They will surely help your characters level up against the demons in Legion.
    Can you tell where those rumors come from ? Sounds plausible, but since the grind is important, better doing other things instead if the source is not reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Or just unsub and wait for Legion.
    Worst plan ever if you want to feel satisfied by collecting stuff.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-03-25 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Excellent, I think you missed the Deathwatch Hatchling though.

Can you tell where those rumors come from ? Sounds plausible, but since the grind is important, better doing other things instead if the source is not reliable.

Worst plan ever if you want to feel satisfied by collecting stuff.
    Agreed on the Deathwatch Hatchling - and it sounds scumbaglike to do this but: I would just join a carebear guild (it can cost btw) - I think I paid 5,000g in MOP, but just get revered in the guild and buy those cm gold 8/8 pet+whatever the pve mount is, and then you can drop. Well worth it imo

Violet Hold, Karazhan, Black Temple
    It circulate a lot of rumours about some old Raids and Dungeons. From what I read, Violet Hold is getting revamped for Legion. That means that current achievements AND transmog gear dropped in there could become unavaliable. I suggest you enter the Dalaran located prison and farm the transmog for the upcoming Wardrobe. Karazan is a raid that might get revamped too, at least from many rumours I heard. If this is true I can not say though. Black Temple most likely won't be touched, but with Illidan returning you never know and rumours have circulated here too. I can't say I recomend farming all Transmogs from there but you (and I) should await and see if things changes.
    Nothing here applies, and is in fact misinformation and misunderstandings.

Violet Hold is staying the same in the Northrend version of Dalaran, and the Broken Isles version of Dalaran has a new Violet Hold instance. There will be two Dalarans and two Violet Holds, in two different areas. All gear and achievements associated with the Violet Hold in WotLK will remain the same, and you'll be able to get them in Legion when you go back to Northrend and do that dungeon. The new Violet Hold has new gear and achievements associated with it.

They poked around the idea of changing Kara at one point, but now they haven't said anything about it. Karazhan has a new area, on the outside, for some artifact acquisition quests. The instance is unchanged. Karazhan and Black Temple are staying the same until they say so. They never said anything about Black Temple at all, for the record. That's not changing at all. I don't know why people would think that's changing just because Illidan is part of Legion's lore.
    Last edited by Destinas; 2016-03-26 at 08:08 PM.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I would highlight that WoD rare mounts are going to become harder to find with legion as the Cross-Realm Zones for Dreanor will probably be put in place resulting in less phases where you can find them. So if you're a mount collector I would definitely get on top of that! (aka Voidtalon, Pathrunner, Silthide, Gorok, Poundifst, Naak etc)!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Nothing here applies, and is in fact misinformation and misunderstandings.

Violet Hold is staying the same in the Northrend version of Dalaran, and the Broken Isles version of Dalaran has a new Violet Hold instance. There will be two Dalarans and two Violet Holds, in two different areas. All gear and achievements associated with the Violet Hold in WotLK will remain the same, and you'll be able to get them in Legion when you go back to Northrend and do that dungeon. The new Violet Hold has new gear and achievements associated with it.

They poked around the idea of changing Kara at one point, but now they haven't said anything about it. Karazhan has a new area, on the outside, for some artifact acquisition quests. The instance is unchanged. Karazhan and Black Temple are staying the same until they say so. They never said anything about Black Temple at all, for the record. That's not changing at all. I don't know why people would think that's changing just because Illidan is part of Legion's lore.

Thank you for the tip. Like I said though, in the very first post, these tips are not written in stone and some are Speculations and Rumours only. So, yeah maybe misinformation, but accidental such. I'll change it though.

@ Caeli on Garrison Monuments and Mythic Trinkets

These rumours comes from in-game. Maybe it was just people who tried to sell Mythic boost who started "monuments will be gone" to sell more HM/BRF mythic (for the raid monument). I have not yet seen any confirmation about it so I keep it as a rumour in the thread.

About the trinkets, this I have heard from many people. If you look at the Weapon-Heirlooms from Siege of Orgrimmar, they became unavaliable once WoD hit, so odds are these trinkets are gone when Legion hits too. Can't confirm anything yet though. Also remains a rumour.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Agreed on the Deathwatch Hatchling - and it sounds scumbaglike to do this but: I would just join a carebear guild (it can cost btw) - I think I paid 5,000g in MOP, but just get revered in the guild and buy those cm gold 8/8 pet+whatever the pve mount is, and then you can drop. Well worth it imo
    My GM was inviting for free "socials" that stated they just want to buy black battle steel boar or w/e is the n-th boar recolor named you buy from guild vendor for having guild kill M BH / Imperator. So I'm sure you can probably do the same for CM pet. Problem is the MOP CM guild pet got removed, which I didn't know (I thought guilds that did it in MOP would still have it but apparently this is not true), the boar might stay but the pet might leave, however nothing confirmed yet.

Just in case you can get both. Always +1 to your mount count for that blue celestial dragon or next one in line of the achievements, I'm pretty sure Blizzard will add another once people have too many mounts.

- - - Updated - - -

About the trinkets, this I have heard from many people. If you look at the Weapon-Heirlooms from Siege of Orgrimmar, they became unavaliable once WoD hit, so odds are these trinkets are gone when Legion hits too. Can't confirm anything yet though. Also remains a rumour.
    I would fully expect them to go the same way Garrosh heirlooms did.

Anyway if you're active in the thread you can edit original post now that Blizzard confirmed you only need WOD CM gold on 1 character to access all weapon mogs in Legion.

P.S. Also I was telling people farm gold from Garrisons because they'll be 100% nerfed come Legion. People told me there's no hurry and maybe they won't. Few weeks later all garrison gold missions get gutted on alpha... Milk your garrisons while you can.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-03-29 at 12:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Agreed Marri, the MOP cm guild pet is gone from the guild vendor, and is now located on the bmah. It's not sellable, or tradeable on the actual AH, so the only way to get it now would be through the BMAH. I forsee the same thing happening to the current CM gold guild pet, so if anyone wants it, get it now before the legion (leg) prepatch probably coming in about 3-4 months (at the latest).

Blizzard stated the garrison missions will be extremely nerfed come legion because of people thinking they have to go back to old content to do stuff.. The heirloom trinkets I cannot find much info on, but I've been seeing chatter on my info into the game showing that mythic dungeons are going away come legion (this is not confirmed, this is 'speculation' based off my info). Meaning that people should probably get those trinkets IMO.

Screw Ahoo'ru.

I cannot take this guy down to save my life. I'm at 698 ilvl, and I keep dying to the stupid floating lights, enough so that I can usually only take down two angels before I blow up. The one time I did manage to push him to P2, the timer went off and I bit the dust.

On a Frost DK.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda hoping there is no provings ground in legion and it'll be alt friendly.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    If only, I can find the stamina to level some of my alts to 100, I'd be happy...

WoD have the worst levelling in the game..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Screw Ahoo'ru.

I cannot take this guy down to save my life. I'm at 698 ilvl, and I keep dying to the stupid floating lights, enough so that I can usually only take down two angels before I blow up. The one time I did manage to push him to P2, the timer went off and I bit the dust.

On a Frost DK.
    They follow a pattern - watch for it and the main key is to not get trapped when they converge into respective circles. Generally an oval shape about 10 yards away from the boss is best place to be standing between charges as it's both close to ahooru but not on any of the circles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    WoD have the worst levelling in the game..
    You're joking, right? Levelling in WoD is one of the things they got right, and even if you do dislike it you can zerg it with a rapid mind elixir and go 90-100 in less than 2 hours.