More VC gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Very very nice, the hype is real.

Vampires attacking the dwarf hold of Zhufbar

Vampires attacking Karak Kadrin that is occupied by orcs

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn it, I play Vc my friend plays dwarf how can we break the lore and team up? I don't want to play anything but vc.

Kept calling ghouls horrors the moron ;p
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-03-26 at 06:29 AM.

Omfg

This reminds me SOOO MUCH of 'Kingdom Under Fire' !!
    Damn you, now I want this game.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    God damn it, I play Vc my friend plays dwarf how can we break the lore and team up? I don't want to play anything but vc.

My guess is that co-op will allow opposing factions to team up, much like any other TW game. It sort of breaks lore, but players did that on the tabletop all the time. This is, of course, assuming co-op actually works out of the gate and doesn't get out of sync and then take a years worth of patches. I just hope they have that all sorted out by the time they release the expansion with the Tomb Kings.

Deleted
    Watched the VC siege right now, I'm amazed at how they improved Cav in this game, there charge carrying over to the side if they face a smaller sized unit and such.

Overall it looked really amazing, I'll buy this for sure.

I didn't play Rome 2 but the AI seemed alot better than in Shogun 2 too.
    What I like the most in this game is that the races look and seem to feel so different. This is something that bothered me in previous TW games, you'd pick your country or faction, but in the end 95% of it has the same stats, same effects and same skills and it's more about starting and upkeep conditions.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-03-26 at 01:56 PM.

Chelly
    God please don't suck, I've been burned too many times by you CA.
    This better not be another Rome 2

Very torn on this game.

On the one hand, they caught the Warhammer world very well and the game looks good.

On the other hand I despise first day DLC buisness model. Cutting Chaos Warriors out of the game is one of the dirtiest moves in a long time.

7+ Year Old Account

In one of the developer blogs He was playing as the dwarfs and was allied with 1 faction and fithing with another

I suspect you will be ally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Very torn on this game.

On the one hand, they caught the Warhammer world very well and the game looks good.

On the other hand I despise first day DLC buisness model. Cutting Chaos Warriors out of the game is one of the dirtiest moves in a long time.
    I recommend you read this
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...orders-and-dlc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    God please don't suck, I've been burned too many times by you CA.
    This better not be another Rome 2
    I really hope so too

I hope the extra time they have since they delayed makes the game a whole lot better

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I recommend you read this
    I have. And it is a poor excuse. If they market it for day one they are producing the 5th race with the ressources of the main game. They promised it for day 1 meaning they have the ressources for it. Sorry. Not falling for that. I'm not saying it is CAs fault. Probably isn't. Chaos was in the game from the first trailer they made for it. Imagine if in Rome you couldn't play the romans. Same thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have. And it is a poor excuse. If they market it for day one they are producing the 5th race with the ressources of the main game. They promised it for day 1 meaning they have the ressources for it. Sorry. Not falling for that. I'm not saying it is CAs fault. Probably isn't. Chaos was in the game from the first trailer they made for it. Imagine if in Rome you couldn't play the romans. Same thing.
    I just thought it was an interesting persepctive to share

Personally I still have not figured out if I like this decision or not

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I just thought it was an interesting persepctive to share

Personally I still have not figured out if I like this decision or not
    That it was. It sounds plausible, if it wasn't for the fact that Sega pulled the same shit with Rome 2 where the interesting factions from greece were excluded in the base game.

In the announcement trailer Chaos was said to be coming later, having them available from day-one is a bit of a bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Warhammer and I used to like Total War. I decided I was done with CA after Rome 2 but expected I would end up on the fence and CA would win me over. But that hasn't happened. I have zero desire to buy the next total war game and must admit I find that a bit surprising.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I like Warhammer and I used to like Total War. I decided I was done with CA after Rome 2 but expected I would end up on the fence and CA would win me over. But that hasn't happened. I have zero desire to buy the next total war game and must admit I find that a bit surprising.
    They're winning me over to the point I will at least contemplate buying this on day one post reviews.

Deleted
    I was here.

- - - Updated - - -

They're winning me over to the point I will at least contemplate buying this on day one post reviews.
    I am now here.

Eh, I kinda of like it. It looks almost like they just skipped the later titles and just gone straight Medieval 2 -> Warhammer: Fantasy.

The combat system is just straight up back to how Medieval 2 did it; even the apparently "much improved" charge people seem so impressed by is exactly like how it worked in Medieval 2. Looking at the videos in this thread, all I can think of is the Third Age mod for Medieval 2, which to me is a good thing. A better thing than it making me think of Rome 2 for sure... and the gamification changes they've made (like these magical pocket ladders) seem less offensive to me in the warhammer setting than they would in a real-world setting.

Sure am not pre-ordering, but I think good release reviews (by users) will sway me into buying it.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Eh, I kinda of like it. It looks almost like they just skipped the later titles and just gone straight Medieval 2 -> Warhammer: Fantasy.

The combat system is just straight up back to how Medieval 2 did it; even the apparently "much improved" charge people seem so impressed by is exactly like how it worked in Medieval 2.
    IF it is the cavalry charge, then it is actually improved from Med 2.
    When I was playing Med 2 I had the impression that charges were much tamer than even Rome 1, while here the impact here is felt much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Romano View Post
    IF it is the cavalry charge, then it is actually improved from Med 2.
    When I was playing Med 2 I had the impression that charges were much tamer than even Rome 1, while here the impact here is felt much more.
    Well, if it's stronger than in MEd2 then it sounds insanely OP. I win most my battles in Med2 by just locking the enemy down with melee units and wiping them out by repeatedly charging into their ranged units or the asses of their infantry, often routing most of the enemy army after a couple of three charges since charging the back of infantry wipe out so many units in one go that the morale damage is massive.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."