Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Sorry for this but it same like you need to get the fuck over whats going on. 26 and living with mom and dad? Okay Kiddo. Go homeless and fuck your life beyond repair and that's if wildlife or weather doesn't kill you. My life is already at the worst it has ever been and at this point, I have nothing to lose so I feel the risk is worth it. Lol fucking really? How about losing your life? This is getting to the point where i think your just trolling because nobody can be this stupid and be serious.

Infracted for flaming
    No, you are being judgemental because you think I fit the "spoiled kid category" when you have NO idea about my situation, getting a job and working is not my problem, i couldn't work even if you pulled a gun to my face, im physically disabled, it has nothing to do with my willpower or capability. I used to work as an IT for 4 yr, but im too ill to maintain a job. If i didnt live with mommy and daddy, ill have died from being sick LONG ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    My advice... get a job.
    If you have read that thread you would know that i CANNOT work from being sick.
    Last edited by RenegadeXan; 2016-03-29 at 01:40 PM.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    You're either rich or still in high school
    I'm 30+, living in Australia with a very similar social welfare and safety net system.
    I've lived in bumfuck rural areas where even the most feral lowlife child abusing welfare bludgers get 4 walls and a roof to punch holes through and shit in the corner.
    I've also lived in inner city. I see homeless people every day. they are almost without exception, complete and utter human wreckage. Sitting intentionally on the ground, morbid obesity, scabby scalps, mushy mouthed half-speech. Merely giving them a shower, shave, haircut, suit and resume will do nothing to change their lives. They are detritus that makes it way down through the layers of safety nets to hit rock bottom. 50 years ago they would have been institutionalized were it not for the beancounters and bleeding hearts on the right and left respectively.

What I'm saying is those people are the tragedy. A mentally sound 20-something needs a kick in the ass, not homeless lifestyle tips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    That's the spirit. We can have competitions, who can hold out longer on the street will get a brand new mount in-game.

On the subject, since the OP stated that he doesn't care about the "fix your home" comments, the best we can do for him imo, is give him a solid advice on living outside, so his period being homeless goes as smoothly as possible before he realizes what a mistake he has made.
    I don't think ill last an hour, I need my chinese girl cartoons and vidya.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    No, you are being judgemental because you think I fit the "spoiled kid category" when you have NO idea about my situation, getting a job and working is not my problem, i couldn't work even if you pulled a gun to my face, im physically disabled, it has nothing to do with my willpower or capability. I used to work as an IT for 4 yr, but im too ill to maintain a job. If i didnt live with mommy and daddy, ill have died from being sick LONG ago.
    So living on the street regardless is a death sentence so any advice is useless?

The point of this thread. is what?

- - - Updated - - -

If you have read that thread you would now that i CANNOT work from being sick.
    Get on disability then. I know for a fact canada has a disability system like the US. If your so ill you will die living on the streets.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    the OP is literally retarded. Oh no I have fibromyalgia and cant stand bugs. I have RA and im 23 and have lived on my own since I was 19. Fucking disgusting 26 year old child who sucks money from the system and cries about his first world problems. /wrist

Infracted for flaming
    LOL omg arthritis? guess what i have that too. People think fibromaygia is some kind of, "oh i have some ache and pain of aging" no, i have lyme disease, which INCLUDE fibromyalgia, convulsions and really i could make a long list but thats just no point because you cannot convince anyone who hasn't gone through it. It's like how people still think being homosexual is a disease, give it a few more hundred years when the truth comes out and people will see that all those fibromyalgia diagnosed by doctors where just idiots doctors being judgemental, fibromygalia means nothing, i just put it there, it is lyme disease and they are MANY level of it, from bedridden with extreme neurological disorders(me) to some people able to live through it and even work. but thats ok, we human like to judge what we dont understand, then we accept it, just takes many many generations. There are still people who think being homosexuality is a disease.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but if you have "issues" with the "noise" at your home, then you are in for an INSANELY rude awakening (literally) if you think that you are going to deal with roughing it outside. Your house has walls. Walls insulate you from noise. Despite what you might think, it is NOISY AS FUCK out side. Doesnt matter if it is rural or urban, there will be noise EVERYWHERE. And if your "noise" at home is enough to keep you awake, trying to sleep outside will be a literal nightmare. At least at home, you can be 99% sure that random noises are not potentially life threatening. Outside? Damn near anything that makes noise could be a potential direct hazard to your health.

Given your current health situation, I would give you a week tops before you are dead if you tried it. I mean, how the hell are you planning to feed yourself without access to any way to cook food. If you actually have special food needs, a credit card and access to a supermarket simply wont cut it.
    I lived exclusively off fruits for a year and a half so i was planning to do just that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    How would you charge your phone?
    Internet coffee shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...is that like a doctors "PC" medical term to tell someone that they are fat and lazy?
    It's very real. I have a friend who had to take a couple of years off college because he could barely find the energy to stay awake. Not the best time of his life, I guarantee it.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Which is a load of old bollocks when the UKs benefits system puts people at the risk of homelessness and even people in jobs have to have their rent subsidised let alone saving up to buy a house of their own.
    Shite. I take home a decidedly average £1365 per month after tax. After paying my bills (phone, rent, finance payments, etc) I'm still left with around £690 to play with.
    Even if I was on minimum wage, I'd still be able to live comfortably without the need for government handouts.
    Assuming you're able to work, the only time you'd receive housing benefit is if you're in part-time employment. The simple answer to that is to find a full time job. There's plenty of them out there. Cleaning shopping centre toilets might not be your dream job, but unfortunately you just have to suck it up until something better comes along.
    The only people in full time employment that are going to struggle with money are those people that have spent beyond their means. Be it having too many kids, too snobby to buy value branded groceries or wanting that enormous 50" 4K TV for your tiny one bed flat.
    Yes, there are those out there that are being shafted by the government when it comes to benefits (the disabled, mentally ill, etc), but I'm going to assume the OP is perfectly able to work a full time job, considering his genius idea of voluntarily living on the streets.

I might sound like a bit of a cunt, but I'm just being pragmatic. If you're having trouble making ends meet, then spend less money and get more hours. Minimum wage is sucky, but it's more than enough to survive on.

Edit: So the OP allegedly has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Ok. Fair enough, that will limit what kind of work you can do and what sort of hours. But unless he's a complete fucking halfwit, there's absolutely no way he'd ever even consider living on the street if he's truly suffering from CFS.
    Last edited by mmoc290cb72e4b; 2016-03-29 at 01:18 PM.

If i didnt live with mommy and daddy, ill have died from being sick LONG ago.
    And living on the street is what then? Suicide without the act of actually killing yourself?

You're not the only person in the world with illness, kid. Besides, the problems you describe at home have nothing to do with that, so quit falling back on it as your "don't criticize me, I'm siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick" safe-space. You're running away from home because your dad yells at you, coughs a lot and smokes. Sounds like your dad's health isn't the best either, but the world is all about YOU, isn't it?

Wow. First world fucking problems. Boo-fricken-hoo

Tell you what, just go live on the street, do it now. You obviously don't appreciate how easy you have it compared to 90% of the rest of the world. Try going to Africa or the slums in any South American/Middle Eastern country and cry about daddy coughing too much. See how much sympathy you get there.

#fuckingmillenials

Man up and confront the person that is annoying you.

Options:

A). Asshole options:
    - if both parents are biological: tell them that you didn't ask to be born, then spoiled and then asked to make a living on your own. So until you can get a steady job you like, they are stuck with you, even if it means you're 40.
    - single parent: easy to step up, even if it means making physical threats sometimes.
    - step dad: a hard one, you might need to shove his head in his ass a few times, but if he calls the cops and you don't have attenuating circumstances it might get ugly. Look up on youtube "how to beat a bigger guy" if it is the case. Also do not go for the face is optimal.
    - you have no parents so you live with an aunt/uncle etc: same as the step dad above, obviously harder if they team up when they fuck you up. If they team up look up on youture "how to beat multiple opponents" (it's usually about keeping one of them in the way of the other so you face only one at a time). Same as above with going for the face.
    - if you need a strength boost, buy some "steroidmimetics" from your local Gym Shop. Helps with the agressive attitude aswell.

B). Good guy options:
    - get a job, usually the coolest ones are the night jobs at the package sorting place belonging to the State Mail or a private courier firm. Same with janitor or anything else, but make it a night job, as you get to work for ~6 hours and get payed almost if not full time.
    - after getting a job, try to think what would make your house-buddies happy. Share some money, buy some beer or pizza from time to time etc., make them feel like you want to contribute.

Even if you want to move, transition is everything, best way is to get cool for 3 months, be their bitch, then move away one day. I'm not even trolling, it's the best advice i can give you

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Speaking as a person who was homeless at one point in their life - in a Canadian city, no less - this is a catastrophically poor idea.

The reality is this: you can't take care of yourself. Even now. You're a 26 year old man - you are a fucking grown-ass man - and you live at home still. You lay around all day playing video games, and farting around on your computer, and you've probably never had a job in your life. You are ill equipped to take care of yourself even under THESE circumstances. But you want to leave that, to face the most difficult set of circumstances possible? And you think you have it all figured out too, which is even more laughable. Those streets will eat you alive, make no mistake about it.

So if you want my advice, OP, don't do it. It's not going to be pretty, and no matter what is happening to you now, it's not going to be worse than living on the streets.
    For those good advices earlier, thank you but you do not know anything about me. mommy and daddy dont own my credit card, i owned it ever since i was 18. I had a job before and lived on my own for 4 yr but cant work any longer, not because i dont have the skills, but because my physical body cant. But again, thanks for the other advices and not surprising of your judgment me about being some spoiled kid, its human nature.

For those good advices earlier, thank you but you do not know anything about me. mommy and daddy dont own my credit card, i owned it ever since i was 18. I had a job before and lived on my own for 4 yr but cant work any longer, not because i dont have the skills, but because my physical body cant. But again, thanks for the other advices and not surprising of your judgment me about being some spoiled kid, its human nature.
    Uhm ignore half or more of my post above. It's perfect, you can get a huge deal on welfare if you can't work. Also you can consider doing some handmade stuff, rich people go mental for them.

Edit: just google Lyme disease, it's given by ticks. Quote from Wikipedia: "Usually, the tick must be attached for 36 to 48 hours before the bacteria can spread." In that case, are you living in a barn? You live in a fucked up environment my friend... jeez.
    Last edited by Cannibalus; 2016-03-29 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    I haven't read everything yet, but this is a troll thread, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    The 'Mommy and Daddy' stuff makes me think it might be. Either that or the guy is kinda mentally retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    If you're so sick you can't hold down a job, you will not survive on the streets.

Deleted
    Exactly, so how are we supposed to help you?

Besides, we know you are ill. We know you are so ill you can't even do an IT job anymore. From this alone a monkey could deduce you would die in the streets after 2-3 days. But sure, we don't know anything about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I have a few tips:
    line your clothes with newspaper to insulate yourself.
    Come to grips with the 99% chance your father drives you nuts because he cares and you are being undoubtedly a total fool.

and, your best chance at success, is to go right to montreal and start slurpin, you too can be one of the sweet man-whores of montreal, down on your knees behind a dumpster in an alley, earning a living $20 at a time.
    Or maybe you should grow up, stop lying to yourself, your family (who obviously can see right through your bullshit), get a job, and get on with having a life you don't find depressing.
    Yah, having illness is tough, but it does not make work and normal life impossible.
    Dated a chick with worse than you who worked full time.
    Sorry bud, but you're a leech and a fake.
    Worse then me? you do realize i have constant flu and just taking vitamin c makes me so freaking sick? thats how horrible my health is. Call me an idiot and stupid kid all you want but dont tell me that you dated a girl who had it worse then me and could work, as i stated, you could put a gun to my face and force me to work, i wouldnt be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    It does seem that way...

Worse then me? you do realize i have constant flu and just taking vitamin c makes me so freaking sick? thats how horrible my health is. Call me an idiot and stupid kid all you want but dont tell me that you dated a girl who had it worse then me and could work, as i stated, you could put a gun to my face and force me to work, i wouldnt be able to.
    So just how the hell do you imagine in some fantastic way that you can survive on the street?

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    get a van.
    Down by the river

Do they have free mental health services in Canada? I would go talk to a therapist.

Everyone gets bad breaks, bad breaks are relative to the person.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland