Page 44 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    And I don't "want" to be offended by this shit. I am offended by this shit.
    It's your right. I'm in your camp, if you couldn't tell.

Official Reaper Story

“Death walks among you.”

Some speak of a black-robed terrorist known only as the Reaper. His identity and motives are a mystery. What is known is that where he appears, death follows.

The Reaper is an extremely volatile mercenary, a ruthless and remorseless killer responsible for terrorist attacks across the world.
    Reaper = terrorist. This is really scary and offensive, please remove this character from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    You caught me. I fuck faucets.

I feel no shame.
    Every hose kinks from time to time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Official Reaper Story

Reaper = terrorist. This is really scary and offensive, please remove this character from the game.
    He's completely covered. I'm sure there's a cultural appropriation gripe somewhere there. Ignoring the other caricatures.

Maybe it wasn't needed to be removed but I don't get why people are so uncomfortable with removal of the pose lol

Official Reaper Story

Wasn't Reaper black? Are they trying to say dark-skinned people are bad people?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Maybe it wasn't needed to be removed but I don't get why people are so uncomfortable with removal of the pose lol
    Yeah exactly, it might be silly to complain about the pose, but it's equally if not more silly to complain about the removal. Who the hell cares, seriously.

Official Reaper Story

TRUE !
    As a Parisian who have survived the terrorist attack (by being on the other side of the France, a really traumatizing event) I'm FUCKING TRIGGERED at that shit, and it made me sick to see that blizzard support terrorism by creating a terrorist "hero" that child could play with !!!!!!1!1!IONE!11!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    This is not about a pose being removed.
    This is about Blizzard changing their game to please everyone in the world.
    "As long as Blizzard wants to make sure everyone is happy, no one is"- Someone I saw earlier on this forum.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We made the decision to go with a different pose in part because we shared some of the same concerns, but also because we wanted to create something better.

We wouldn’t do anything to sacrifice our creative vision for Overwatch, and we’re not going to remove something solely because someone may take issue with it.
    Don't really get where people think they did this just to please other people, if it wasn't already being heavily considered / likely to happen then it wouldn't have happened.

I don't even see this as them trying to please everyone, so much as the pose was mediocre at best and didn't really show off the characters personality. It was a fairly standard from the back shot, nothing special about it.

Honestly blizzards biggest offense here seems to be having responded to the wrong person, as if they found a more neutral person to respond to no one would have cared. It's just anti-SJW people have become the same kind of easily offended that SJW people are.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Sitting here in wow and crz is still a bugged mess, my equipment manager doesn't work, getting kicked from the game when I enter some bgs and get deserter, ashran is still garbage ALONG WITH PLANS TO CONTINUE IT IN LEGION... and this is the player feedback they jump to.

This company is terrible. Whether blizz themselves set this pr stunt up or not... fuck em. Overwatch will just be another watered down cash grab venture into a new genre for them anyway. And screw esports in general, but blizzard thinking any of their terrible games even remotely qualify as esports is just hilarious.
    Lol. The Overwatch Team has nothing to do with WoW. Thats for the WoW Dev to handle

The reasoning of the forum post's OP is idiotic. He/she claims their child loves watching the Recall video and knows who Tracer is, and wants their kid to grow up with these characters. So did they just turn off the video after the 3 minute mark where Winston mercilessly beats up armed goons, almost gets killed by Reaper and then electrocutes him?

Did Krillin become a sex symbol in DBZ because he slapped his ass as a taunt?

There was nothing sexual or suggestive about Tracer's pose. And she's a grown woman, I wish the OP would've been just as mature about it as well.
    Last edited by Dalehan; 2016-03-29 at 02:13 PM.

Remember Tychus cigar in Hots ?

See you soon Mc Cree...

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    You don't understand why people are upset about the removal of something you admit didn't need to be removed?

Maybe try reading the thread. Most people are upset about Blizzard instantly caving to such a complaint and the hysterically obvious backpedaling PR bullshit they used to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Yeah exactly, it might be silly to complain about the pose, but it's equally if not more silly to complain about the removal. Who the hell cares, seriously.
    The thing is, this sets a precedent. Not just for Blizzard, but for other creative creators. As someone who writes and often employs female characters, this trend is both disappointing and worrisome to me.

I'm not someone who's afraid the terrible and mighty SJWs are going to ruin everything forever, but validating such asinine complaints isn't good for anyone. The next time they have some ridiculous issue, they can point to Blizzard removing this pose with no resistance as proof that they're in the right.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

my guess is it was a bunch of landwhales who got "triggered" more jealous so they bitched and sadly got their way im sorry but if u get triggered or jealous from a character froma video game u should seek help or diaf lol
    mr pickles

Win 1 for fascist lefties everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalehan View Post
    The reasoning of the forum post's OP is idiotic. He/she claims their child loves watching the Recall video and knows who Tracer is, and wants their kid to grow up with these characters. So did they just turn off the video after the 3 minute mark where Winston mercilessly beats up armed goons, almost gets killed by Reaper and then electrocutes him?
    That's what i don't get, The kid is going to be playing a game where you kill people.....there's even widowmaker who has the same pose and is mean't to be seductive but that one has no issues for this kid. Also Krillin is a sex beast anyways everyone knows that :P

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Dude, she's literally just turned around. Looking over her shoulder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    BUT THAT WAS FUCKING SEXUAL NOR SEDUCING !
    You both just proved my point. You didn't read or understand anything I wrote. I specifically said I can't say it was sexual, meaning THIS POSE IS NOT SEXUAL, which is exactly what you both started freaking out about. This is why we can't have intelligent conversations. Try getting past that part and reading the part about game development before the knee jerk anti sjw starts.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    It's just the nature of the internet at the moment, really. People complaining and frothing at the mouth about other people complaining and frothing at the mouth is the new hip thing, I suppose.
    To be honest, that Blizzard representative should have known better. They should have said nothing and just quietly changed the pose in a quick update or something, rather than adding fuel to the fire in this way. It just presents another opportunity for people who can't handle this kind of conversation with any kind of maturity or sensibility to keep arguing with eachother for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    1) How did it get into the game in the first place
    2) If you are trying to look like a hero by removing the pose for some sort of social reasons but instead it blows up in your face, you can't walk it back later and just say 'actually we just didn't like the pose'. Nah man.
    It's a fairly standard 'from the back' shot, Tracer seems like she was likely one of the first heroes made so that pose is probably freaking old and they just hadn't bothered to touch it yet.

The pose was still pretty meh, and in my over 10 years of experience playing blizzard games they don't do things they weren't already planning to do. They don't change jack shit unless they agreed with it in the first place and just hadn't gotten around to developing it yet, and then they use those opportunities when what they already planned on doing is going to line up with the community feedback to make it look like they're listening to the community.

It's fairly standard PR practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Nice try smartass but their is a FUCKING difference between a pussies offended by everything and asking for change, and being the guy that tell them to fuckoff.
    Since internet seem to be about minor vocal minorities and corporation trying to appease them, we need to be a vocal minority asking them to not listen to the offended.
    Honestly you remind me of a parent who can't handle their toddler. The toddler breaks down at the littlest thing and goes apeshit, and the parent hasn't matured enough yet to be able to handle a tantrum, so they end up throwing the same tantrum that the child did because they haven't grown up yet themselves.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    It's just the nature of the internet at the moment, really. People complaining and frothing at the mouth about other people complaining and frothing at the mouth is the new hip thing, I suppose.
    To be honest, that Blizzard representative should have known better. They should have said nothing and just quietly changed the pose in a quick update or something, rather than adding fuel to the fire in this way. It just presents another opportunity for people who can't handle this kind of conversation with any kind of maturity or sensibility to keep arguing with eachother for weeks.
    To be fair, He didn't intend to add any fuel to the fire. He did say it was a mistake not to elaborate on his post. Yeah the internet goes out of control (like some of us are doing (Me included at some points)) but it does basically give people the idea that Blizzard just gave in to the SJW which is why people are more complaining now.