Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    OF COURSE ! Remember :
    If it's a woman it's oversexualization and objectification.
    If it's a man it's powerfantasy.

Women should not be proud of their body unless they are over 200pounds, then it's bodypositivity, and you should then (AND ONLY THEN) praise them for their body, because praising a woman for her body in ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE is utterly sexist and promote the rapeculture.
    Here is the wierd thing. Some of the most powerfull women in all history, have been pretty beatufull at the same time.... Often being good looking/being a sex symbol, have something to do with how you aquire power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Has it ever crossed your mind that some women like to be sexualized? That some men too like women to be sexualized? Who has decided that sexualization of women (or men for that matter) is a sin all of a sudden?

Sex is not a sin. It's what healthy grown ups do, and usually the healthier they are the more they do of it.

Else you can join the rest of the depressed dolts here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadBedrooms/
    My girlfriend likes feeling sexy, and likes sexy women. Probably more than I'd like, but that's like her thing, man.

On the sex is not a sin point, people tend to forget that were it not for a woman's vagina being penetrated by a man's aroused penis, none of us would exist. This particular issue wouldn't either. Your right to an opinion and to be offended would never have come about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    You're a straight male I assume. You don't know anything about sexualizing men.
    You're a retarded feminist I assume ? You don't know anything about sex.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    @Hell-nico

Grommash is not sexualised, he's a barbarian character. He's designed to look like a tough, neanderthalic warrior, not a sex symbol.
    This is the stupidest thing I've read all day, so sub 2% body fat and bulging muscles isn't attractive? What the hell?
    But an ass in spandex is sexualized? How does that even work?
    As a straight female I wouldn't find a female in the Grommash pose sexy, but I wouldn't find a male character in the tracer pose sexy either, different things are sexy for the 2 genders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, What day is Friday?

Mine wasn't a strawman at all. I'll give you several examples.

Mario: Princess Peach.
    Star Wars: Bastila Shan
    Halo: Cortana
    World of Warcraft: Alextrasza
    Ivy Valentine

And if anyone wants to put their fingers in their ears then read this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender...#Sexualization
    Calling bastila shan sexualized is hilarious.

People complain over poses in a fucking game? Fucking feminists who got nothing better to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Has it ever crossed your mind that some women like to be sexualized?
    Of course they do. But Tracer is not a real woman. She hasn't decided to show off her butt, the (presumably male) devs decided that for her. And that would be fine if that was in character for her - and maybe you think it is. But the OP, and Kaplan agreed that it wasn't in character for her to do that. Good characters need to feel like real people. Having sexy be the default for female characters ruins that immersion imo.

@Hell-nico

Grommash is not sexualised, he's a barbarian character. He's designed to look like a tough, neanderthalic warrior, not a sex symbol.
    But nozdormu showing off his chest is completely fine too because he's.. hmm.. he's just that kind of character, isn't he? Or what about Malfurion? Let me guess, he's in touch with his animal spirit and it makes sense to show him bare-chested and muscled?

Gotta love this double standards crap.

Of course they do. But Tracer is not a real woman.
    Wow, much mental gymnastic please ?

I hope things like this stay the hell away from all of blizzard's products until men are just as sexualized as women in their games.
    If you think that most men would be overly sensitive about something like that you might be in for a surprise.

NSFW
    http://kotaku.com/why-do-people-love...estiga-5991702

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    The issue was the pose. They claimed the pose didn't fit the character.
    yeah, and I'm not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    It's like telling a painter he's doing things wrong when you have no clue about what he wants to do.
    When a painter tells me he doesn't want any red in his picture when there's clearly still red in his picture I'd call him out on his bs as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Hell-nico

He is Male just because hes a fantasy fictional character it doesn't mean he doesn't represent Males as a sex symbol. Also every Male in every MMO I have ever played has always been steroid looking strong with a perfect body, I have never seen a fat Male character or a skinny nerdy looking character - Men can complain too about this bullshit but we just dont.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelina View Post
    This is the stupidest thing I've read all day, so sub 2% body fat and bulging muscles isn't attractive? What the hell?
    As a straight female I wouldn't find a female in the Grommash pose sexy, but I wouldn't find a male character in the tracer pose sexy either, different things are sexy for the 2 genders.
    You know that even if Grom was 100% naked, he would still not be sexual. But if you put him a tight full ninja-suit, he would be...... Some people are just wierd.

Deleted
    So many that complained that Blizzard never listen, but now when they do listen, people are angry for that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelina View Post
    Look I'm not going to judge anyone who thinks Grommash is hot, but I doubt that many people think that. Yes he is muscly, and that can mean attractive in some circumstances. But it can also just mean tough, combat ready. When you factor in the tusks and the pig eyes, the neanderthal brow - I'm having a hard time seeing how you could see Grom as sexualised outside of weird rule 34 stuff.

I'm not saying male video game characters are never sexualised, just less than women. And at least the tough, muscly look also makes some sense for a combat scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Wow, much mental gymnastic please ?
    You do know that she isn't real right? That she's just a video game character?

Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    So many that complained that Blizzard never listen, but now when they do listen, people are angry for that?
    Yup another classic fallacies here.
    Blizzard listened to that neonazi on the back that asked for more Nazi banner in wow. What ? You are not happy they listen ?

Let's keep playing retards it's really fun.
    People are pissed off because OUNCE AGAIN the toxic Pc culture and Feminazi agenda, and REMOVED something that was perfectly FINE.

Deleted
    I'm not so sure bare chested men are an equivalent for lightly clothed women, I mean, I don't really think of male pectorals as an equivalent for female breast, just because they're both located on the chest doesn't mean they bring about the same behaviors.

I don't care much about sexualization in video game though, not that much of a concern in my mind, even though I don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. They did the right thing but only "halfway".

The problem with Tracer's pose wasn't that she had her back to you. It was that her pants are basically... not pants. They're spray paint. She's essentially naked from the waist down. Pants are not thong underwear. Do your pants ride into your butt crack like that? Nope, mine don't either.

She would have been a lot less "offensive" to some, in that pose, had her pants simply covered her butt crack like pants should.

Unfortunately the "no pants" issue for Tracer extends to a lot more than that one pose. :x

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    because they are wasting their time on nonsense.
    the pose isn't sexualized at all! its just random idiots thinking "OMG!? she has a butt!?!?! GO AWAY SATAN!"

Formerly known as Arafal

You do know that she isn't real right? That she's just a video game character?
    Yup, so if she's "just a videogame character" how can ANYONE have ANY PROBLEM with her butt ?
    It's just a videogame butt after all !