View Poll Results: Would you kick someone just because they aren't as good as you?

Voters
481. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I'm not having someone slow us down.

51 10.60%
  • No, everyone deserves a chance.

203 42.20%
  • If they slow us down.

115 23.91%
  • I would kick the jerk trying to kick them.

112 23.28%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I would never have a group left if I kicked everyone who's not as good as me.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since I'm the best in any group I am in - I will end up group-less as I will have to kick everyone.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I would not kick anybody in low content ( RFC and stuff) because they are not *good*

But damm I would vote kick any huntard with aspect ON
    Heck, I don't even kick huntards with pet taunt on. I usually just giggle and at most, mock them for not being MM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    If they are an absolute detriment to the group and the content being run can't be completed with them... then sure.

If the player(s) in question aren't really holding you back... then no.
    This. Why be a performance nazi in low level content??? People with that mentality ruin the game. Stop trying to find someone to piss on. There's always someone better than you and you'd hate to be on the receiving end of that kind of behavior/mentality.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I only kick people when they're wiping us (bad tank/dps pulling stuff).

I had a warlock in a level 80 dungeon in full heirlooms doing ~5% of the damage (less than the healer) casting only 4 sec soul fires and corruption with no pet. If it wasn't so easy to carry people these days I probably would have kicked him.

Everything (LFG-wise) is so easy now, it doesn't really matter if someone is slacking.

Voted "No, everyone deserves a chance."

The DPS doesn't matter, but if they do something that wipes us several times and don't take advice, then it's about time they leave.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

Where is the "If I had to kick every bad player, I wouldn't be able to finish a single dungeon.
    But at level 20, where you can basically solo everything, kicking someone is needlessly douchy.

Not because they're not as good as me, but I WOULD kick someone if he/she is somehow preventing progress. Case in point: A tank who couldn't handle the first boss of Pit of Saron. He kept dying to the debuff and wouldn't listen to the advice given, so I initiated a kick.

If the run is going smoothly, I couldn't care less about the performance of someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Low level dungeons? No I wouldn't kick mainly because your toon has yet to acquire the desired ability to make dungeon runs easier, but the entire group with full looms on make it cake.

As someone said about hunters, yes I'd kick hunters if they are just trolling the run with aspect on and just have growl on.

Deleted
    Once in trade I found a guy who asked for a rush in Deadmines normal. I went there with him with my main retry paladin 733 ilvl. We started the dungeon and I saw I was pulling some hundreds of thousands dps as the rushed one only pulled some dozens. He obviously was slowing me down because I was doing 300000 more times his dps. I kicked him and I ended the run alone, which was much faster than with him, I calculated I almost won 7 seconds of time. Now I'm writing this 7 seconds earlier than I would if I had not kicked that loser and I feel great for this because I know I'm a better player than him.

Everyone deserves to learn and adapt to new situations, even if the content is a year old. People forget they used to suck or perform mediocre at fights back when they learned it, and instead just want to rush. Calm the fuck down for 5 minutes and let the newbie learn, they don't come along that often.

But if they refuse to learn, ignore everyone -- be a dick, etc... Boot them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the answer to that is very subjective. Am I playing fresh off a good night's sleep on a weekend and in a good mood to be social and helpful, or is it a Wednesday night after working for 12 hours and do I not want any blithering fuckwits slowing me down or failing in a very finite window of time I have a lot of value on?

Being honest, I can't say I wouldn't kick in that second scenario.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Sorry, is it being an asshole to expect basic competency in a game where cooperation is key? If you want to go be a shitter go play Skyrim or play on an RP server or something. If you want to do group content with other people you better pull your weight.
    Haha, what a joke. As if you even have to try to succeed in this game anymore. Even a new player with no idea how to play their class, using improper gear and rotation can fare just fine in dungeons, or even heroics. Unless you're afk or not doing anything at all there's no reason to expect other people to play at the same level that you play at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    If the run is going smoothly, I couldn't care less about the performance of someone else.
    what if it could go smoother or faster? time is money my friend.
    Hi

There really should be a "If they keep wiping us" option. I'm generally friendly, but if someone's just really ruining the experience for everyone, they just have to be kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    what if it could go smoother or faster? time is money my friend.
    I'm content with smooth, I don't have to piss on someone else's parade to have a 50 seconds faster run or shit like that.

Deleted
    While I think that everyone deserves a chance - I have to add that I have zero tolerance for blatantly bad or obnoxious players. For example, I don't like stupid tanks who pull too many mobs in a TW dungeon, then wipe, and then flame the healer. While I don't kick tanks or healers usually, if they are jerks, I have no mercy. When I am in a group, I behave like a decent human being, and I expect the same from the others. I can tolerate inexperienced / weaker players than me (usually because I perform a bit better than the average), but I will not tolerate assholes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    There really should be a "If they keep wiping us" option. I'm generally friendly, but if someone's just really ruining the experience for everyone, they just have to be kicked.
    This is ofc also a valid reason.

Deleted
    If they slow us down noticeably yes.. but if its a random instance group, Id just leave myself if kick fails. Its mostly when people AFK and make everyone wait though, the instances being what they are, 1 bad DPS cant exactly do that. But someone who wont listen or doesnt speak English and keeps pulling or taunting when told not to or is on follow and AFK certainly deserves a kick.

I only kick people for intentionally sabotaging/trolling. I'm happy to carry if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Sounds like the mage was just an asshole. If you and the mage are plowing through it beyond a pace that would be acceptable for a tank and healer in shit gear that's on you too isn't it? The tank isn't even being given a chance to play, or play correctly to determine whether he is, or isn't bad.
    Well when you phrase it like that now I feel a little dickish