Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    They are a company that serves the public, even if they are not a publicly traded one. If they have a storefront, they are advertising that they are selling a service or product and any individual should have a reasonable expectation of purchasing that product so long as the can afford to do so.
    A business does not "serve" anyone. It provides a consensual service or product.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Where does it say lesbianism? In plain English.

Was the Bible even written in plain English?
    I think it was the fancy Shakespeare kind. It's a very old book I'm told.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

The three Greek men you brought up are not Christian though. Or was your stance in general, that the enlightenment was less important than Greek philosophy.
    I would argue that Christianity and Ancient Greek philosophy are comparable in their impact on the western world. Certainly both are far more impactful than Enlightenment thinkers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    A business does not "serve" anyone. It provides a consensual service or product.
    Semantics aside, should any individual have a reasonable expectation of buying a cupcake from a cupcake store?

Where does it say lesbianism? In plain English.

Was the Bible even written in plain English?
    “Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones."

english. try it. you may like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Semantics aside, should any individual have a reasonable expectation of buying a cupcake from a cupcake store?
    sure. unless the cupcake store owner doesn't server to "cupcakes".
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Expectation is irrelevant. If they go in and the baker decides to sell them a cupcake then it is fine. If the baker doesn't want to serve them for whatever reason, the person is free to give the baker a bad review and take their business elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is fine. A private business should be able to deny their business to anyone for any reason. The beauty of capitalism is that the only color it cares about is green, the market will sort out people who lose business due to prejudice and the government ends up not interfering in the rights of said businesses in the process.
    This is simply not true, especially in small towns where there aren't alternatives. If the free market always cared only about green and if it did, in fact, always sort these things out, we wouldn't have had private segregation in the American South for so many decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    “Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones."

english. try it. you may like it.
    Says nothing about women fucking women.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    I would argue that Christianity and Ancient Greek philosophy are comparable in their impact on the western world. Certainly both are far more impactful than Enlightenment thinkers.
    I would argue that no human has ever existed in a vacuum. Every great philosopher has worked through the accomplishments of those who came before, and it's a little strange to point to a single facet, be it Christianity or the enlightenment and say that is definitely where we get the entirety of our society. Who was it that said "if I am tall, it is only because I stand on the shoulders of giants"?

Inside out had many similarities with osmosis Jones to the point where there are certainly some cues taken from the previous movie, but I would never say osmosis Jones was the single most important factor in making inside out despite it being "based upon" it

This is simply not true, especially in small towns where there aren't alternatives. If the free market always cared only about green and if it did, in fact, always sort these things out, we wouldn't have had private segregation in the American South for so many decades.
    Well we don't anymore and now black people are free to compete at the same level as whites and the issue is non-existent.

So I see we are on page 6, are we quoting religious texts and calling trans people perverts yet? Don't let me down gen ot.
    >.> <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we don't anymore and now black people are free to compete at the same level as whites and the issue is non-existent.
    It's not non-existent if people are allowed to discriminate based on other criteria, such as homosexuality.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

Says nothing about women fucking women.
    Perhaps in a wider sense: anything other than "Thou shalt fuck /w your husband" = bad !!!

I think people are missing the point, this means states can openly assault each other economically now by using us legobutts as scapegoats.

Deathmaster of Defilers of Arathor - Emerald Dream - US

15+ Year Old Account

sure. unless the cupcake store owner doesn't server to "cupcakes".
    Should they be allowed to deny you sale after they heard you planned to eat your cupcake with milk and refused to give you service in the future knowing of your perversion? Now imagine if that were the only purveyor of cupcakes in 20 miles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    So I see we are on page 6, are we quoting religious texts and calling trans people perverts yet? Don't let me down gen ot.
    >.> <.<
    Bible yes, perverts no. We did get a few "immoral" though

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.
    Are you promoting the death penalty for gay people?

How about the other lines of Leviticus? Do you you only eat Kosher/Halal meat?

"Leviticus 17:13-14 Any Israelite or any foreigner residing among you who hunts any animal or bird that may be eaten must drain out the blood and cover it with earth, 14 because the life of every creature is its blood. That is why I have said to the Israelites, “You must not eat the blood of any creature, because the life of every creature is its blood; anyone who eats it must be cut off.”

Do you shave? Should tattoos be made illegal- including U.S soldiers?

"Leviticus 19:27-28 Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard. ‘Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD. "

Do you believe slavery should still be practiced in the U.S? The Old Testament is rife with laws for legal slavery.

Now, Jesus threw a lot of the Old Testament out- such as dietary restrictions (when he said nothing people eat will make them evil). He never spoke out against slavery or homosexuality though- oddly enough, its assumed that the Old Testament is no longer correct when it comes to practicing slavery... yet its view on homosexuality is still upheld.

Why is that? Especially when many Christians will shave their beards, allow women to speak in church, are against victims marrying their rapists, do not sacrifice animals- not all of which was contradicted by Jesus.

In short, the verses you quote are either from the Old Testament which are no longer directly applicable (Leviticus, Kings) or speak of 'unnatrual' (which homosexuality and transgender both occur in nature) and 'effeminate'. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to suggest with that honestly- transgender, I suppose. What is masculine and feminine has changed several times since the publication of the Bible (for example, pink was considered masculine not too long ago).

I don't think you're opposed spiritually- rather you're abusing your faith by using it to justify your own personal beliefs through cherry picking verses and ignoring those that you don't agree with.

Something, incidentally, which the Bible also speaks against doing.

Infracted- Discussing religion is not allowed
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-03-30 at 01:01 AM.

Should they be allowed to deny you sale after they heard you planned to eat your cupcake with milk and refused to give you service in the future knowing of your perversion? Now imagine if that were the only purveyor of cupcakes in 20 miles.

- - - Updated - - -

Bible yes, perverts no. We did get a few "immoral" though
    Well, I am pleasantly surprised here. Go Gen ot \o/

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    ohhhh, so that's what it is.

i heard people saying "well what if a guy claiming to be transgendered goes in and hurts a woman?"

it's a legitimate question, but i don't think outright banning it is the right way to go.
    No, that isn't a legitimate question.

You realize that would be assault right? Assaulting another person is already illegal. What if a transgendered person hurts a woman in a restroom? Arrest them for assault. That is what.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2016-03-29 at 07:05 PM.

Do you not realize your religion and our gay rights are being used to manipulate where our collective delicious tax dollars go? Think of much money is moved through state funded tourism, how many business benefit from that tourism and think how this could be further manipulated by the government by just making issues that divide the population seem completely fine because now it has a blue or red flag.

Last time I saw, being a thief was in the 10 commandments, while sexuality wasn't even there, but sure, there no blind like the person who won't open their eyes to the truth in front of them. If you let your government tell you how to go to the bathroom and where your kids are allowed to go on the school trips that were funded by your own share without you saying a thing about it you are a cuck

Deathmaster of Defilers of Arathor - Emerald Dream - US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    If you are upset about the issue then the easiest is to abstain and you will still be on the righteous path. As I understand it (mind you we don't have sermons on this sort of stuff often) there is no sin for actually being gay only the associated acts so to speak.
    I am not upset about it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    I don't think you're opposed spiritually- rather you're abusing your faith by using it to justify your own personal beliefs through cherry picking verses and ignoring those that you don't agree with.
    Something, incidentally, which the Bible also speaks against doing.
    Like I said: I am willing to bet that no one here is following the bible in every way. Everyone goes against some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    >.> <.<
    Not yet, no. Not yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    There is no agenda, you just had too much cool-aid. If you didn't know, majority supports LGBT rights now.
    Not having anything special against LGBT doesn't mean everyone wants to turn the world into an endless gay pride parade.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2016-03-29 at 07:46 PM.