Thread: Is this creepy?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    OP: you're being creepy.

Ignore the nonsense you hear around these days. You're trying to be sensitive and inoffensive. Don't.

Traditional gender roles are best. Don't be a gentle, feminine man.

Be a real man. Go talk to her directly, be confident and dominant - be manly.

Enjoy.
    This + your avatar is quite a sight to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Don't leave a note, if you're too nervous to walk up and talk to her try adding her on Facebook and say something like:

''Hey I've seen you around a couple of times and you seem really sweet would you like to go out sometime?''
    NO NO NO NO NO

You don't add somebody to Facebook who you have never had a verbal interaction with before. That's even creepier. "Hey. I've been stalking you on the internet but I've just been too shy to talk to you". uh...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    If you're in college it's time to stop passing notes in class. If she's worth it to you then go talk to her.
    That's not everybody's style. The note can be cute, done right. I don't see anything wrong with OP's idea. It doesn't sound creepy to me. I actually envy the situation. Those days seem so far behind me, if they ever even were to begin with.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Send her a picture of her mom's house on facebook and tell her it's a nice place. That's sure to get a conversation going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    NO NO NO NO NO

You don't add somebody to Facebook who you have never had a verbal interaction with before. That's even creepier. "Hey. I've been stalking you on the internet but I've just been too shy to talk to you". uh...
    I think you're making it creepier than it is.

Okay so maybe don't add her but sending a message is fine I think.

Thing is, they both know who eachother is/are, they've seen eachother before, maybe OP and her have a few mutual friends that kind of thing.

I don't think it's creepy but hey.

what if she gets a hard on for the messenger instead?

Quote Originally Posted by hallucigenocide View Post
    what if she gets a hard on for the messenger instead?
    What if the messenger gets a hard on for her and throws away the letter and goes after her himself?
    OP, you need contingency plans for events such as this. Might I suggest a courier pigeon? Surely she will not fall for a pigeon, and the pigeon has only loyalty and respect for you, he will not betray you and be "Mr. Steal Yo Girl."

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I think you're making it creepier than it is.

Okay so maybe don't add her but sending a message is fine I think.

Thing is, they both know who eachother is/are, they've seen eachother before, maybe OP and her have a few mutual friends that kind of thing.

I don't think it's creepy but hey.
    I've been to bat plenty. I've done my share of striking out.

I promise you, that if the OP does what he's proposing, or facebook stalks her, he'll strike out. Hard.

Go direct. Worst case scenario, you're back here telling us that it didn't go great and you'll be a little better at asking girls out. You literally know nothing about this girl. Don't imagine a fake life together and don't imagine fake attributes of hers. She is another human and you find her attractive. Go ask her out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    What if the messenger gets a hard on for her and throws away the letter and goes after her himself?
    OP, you need contingency plans for events such as this. Might I suggest a courier pigeon? Surely she will not fall for a pigeon, and the pigeon has only loyalty and respect for you, he will not betray you and be "Mr. Steal Yo Girl."
    Pffffffff, pigeons are old school, owls are where it's at, Harry Potter style. And as a bonus, the love to perch on your fedora.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Easy solution: don't bother with a note. Just say hi at first as you both seem too nervous to go any further. Next time you see her, you can say more like "Hey, how are you doing today?". Smile while doing so, but just build it up over a few times of seeing her. Then ask her for her number, DO NOT give her yours (unless exchanging said numbers). This keeps you on the ball, and you have to contact her. Sure, you might get rejected, but that's the name of the game. Do not worry if it doesn't work.

Edit: I should point out that I kinda don't give a shit anymore. I'll just go up to someone, but that's because I have progressed a bit in age/experience. Really, don't get discouraged if you strike out the first time. Just be pleasant/polite.
    Last edited by Idrinkwhiterussians; 2016-03-29 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    Step infront of her, stare into here eyes and pull down your pants.
    I can confirm this works 100% of the time all the time!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    OMG no wonder so many of you nerds are still holding V cards. Look, first things first, like said before, 1st Make sure 1000% you have NO INFLUENCE in any form over her marks in school. 2nd. you already determined how you should approach her since you stated she is very shy, but just haven't realized it. her being shy means you have to make her feel totally comfortable at that very moment you approach her. How? You see her everyday right? So when you walk past her like usual, stop in front of her as you walk by, DO NOT WALK RIGHT UP TO HER LIKE SHE IS GETTING ARRESTED, and say " I walk by here everyday and notice you. I haven't said Hi because I'm shy to ask your name but it's making me feel like I'm being rude to you, so what's your name so I can start saying hi ?" done. If she likes you, she will tell you her name, then say " hi _____, I'm ______, good morning/good afternoon how are you today? don't just tell her your name first. Doing so may make her feel obligated to respond, but also uncomfortable. If she tells you to keep walking, just say, have a nice day and walk away. By following this method she will realize you are interested in getting to know her on a personal level, you too are also shy but finally had the balls to say something, and you didn't make her feel intimidated or inferior in any way. Most of all have something to quickly chat about 2-3 min tops and then you gotta go! That will give the impression you like to arrive to where your going in a timely manner, not when ever you feel like ( reliable) .. remember, by having a 15 min conversation out of no where with her not knowing what to say could make her feel uncomfortable. good luck bro
    Last edited by Dewragg; 2016-03-29 at 08:07 PM.

Somebody post a "So I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious" meme for me. I'm new and I can't post links.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewragg View Post
    OMG no wonder so many of you nerds are still holding V cards. Look, first things first, like said before, 1st Make sure 1000% you have NO INFLUENCE in any form over her marks in school. 2nd. you already determined how you should approach her since you stated she is very shy, but just haven't realized it. her being shy means you have to make her feel totally comfortable at that very moment you approach her. How? You see her everyday right? So when you walk past her like usual, stop in front of her as you walk by, DO NOT WALK RIGHT UP TO HER LIKE SHE IS GETTING ARRESTED, and say " I walk by here everyday and notice you. I haven't said Hi because I'm shy to ask your name but it's making me feel like I'm being rude to you, so what's your name so I can start saying hi ?" done. If she likes you, she will tell you her name, then say " hi _____, I'm ______, good morning/good afternoon how are you today? don't just tell her your name first. Doing so may make her feel obligated to respond, but also uncomfortable. If she tells you to keep walking, just say, have a nice day and walk away. By following this method she will realize you are interested in getting to know her on a personal level, you too are also shy but finally had the balls to say something, and you didn't make her feel intimidated or inferior in any way. Most of all have something to quickly chat about 2-3 min tops and then you gotta go! That will give the impression you like to arrive to where your going in a timely manner, not when ever you feel like ( reliable) .. remember to start having a 15 min conversation out of no where with her not knowing what to say could make her feel uncomfortable. good luck bro
    That's one beautiful wall of text but you missed a few spots _____.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    That's one beautiful wall of text but you missed a few spots _____.
    well grammar was never my strong point in school sooo... ______________. ( fill in the blank )

Borrow someone's kitten, puppy or toddler and walk buy, if she says "ah, how cute" walk up to her and strike up a conversation.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiki854 View Post
    Somebody post a "So I guess you could say things are getting pretty serious" meme for me. I'm new and I can't post links.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Borrow someone's kitten, puppy or toddler and walk buy, if she says "ah, how cute" walk up to her and strike up a conversation.
    Hey little girl, want some candy? just so comes to mind, sorry..lol

This plan, it is terrible.
    Beta Club Brosquad