Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why I Love The Windwalker Monk!!!

"The windwalker monk is a martial artist without peer who pummels foes with hands and fists."

Street Fighter 2 Turbo for the Super Nintendo was my childhood.

And so, I think that's why I love the windwalker monk so much. My childhood consisted of me playing SF2 Turbo all day long on my SNES.

Maybe Blizzard got the idea for the monk class from the Street Fighter games?? I can only dream!
    Last edited by chaarrllee3000; 2016-03-16 at 02:51 AM.

Did I just time travel to the MoP beta?

Quote Originally Posted by chaarrllee3000 View Post

"The windwalker monk is a martial artist without peer who pummels foes with hands and fists."

Street Fighter 2 Turbo for the Super Nintendo was my childhood.

And so, I think that's why I love the windwalker monk so much. My childhood consisted of me playing SF2 Turbo all day long on my SNES.

Maybe Blizzard got the idea for the monk class from the Street Fighter games?? I can only dream!
    yeah chi burst doesnt look that cool. sorry dude

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Did I just time travel to the MoP beta?
    I was thinking the same thing lol. This guy missed the glory days by a couple years

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    I was thinking the same thing lol. This guy missed the glory days by a couple years
    I'm not sure how you can say that. Fists of Fury looks like the picture, Chi Burst looks like the picture, and SCK looks like the picture. If thats what he enjoys then those haven't changed.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I'm not sure how you can say that. Fists of Fury looks like the picture, Chi Burst looks like the picture, and SCK looks like the picture. If thats what he enjoys then those haven't changed.
    Whoa now buddy. We're all playing monks here. I'm not knocking the guy, just surprised at the enthusiasm

Nevar forget Rising Sun Kick

Quote Originally Posted by Flashyy View Post
    Nevar forget Rising Sun Kick

Nice! I forgot about Guile! Thanks, haha!

Blizzard has come out and said that the WW playstyle is based on fighting games.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Haven't heard of spinning fire blossom in ages, heh.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wish we had a Combo Breaker proc where Chi burst becomes empowered and instant.

DENJIN
    HADOUKEN

I would love for this to be a thing.

Bring back the shooting blossoms and trailing blossoms plz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thenconfucioussaid View Post
    Bring back the shooting blossoms and trailing blossoms plz
    It is back, pvp talents last row in legion sir

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodroki View Post
    It is back, pvp talents last row in legion sir
    and now for the other one!

Don't forget Chi Torpedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    Don't forget Chi Torpedo.
    Haha, nice! Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeeep! Monk is badass
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    Yeeeep! Monk is badass
    just was in MoP

until they turned it into a lame class in WoD where you spend more time runing away staying alive then actualy fighting....

I just wanted to add a little something in this thread. It is just some little notes that I wrote about each spec and class that I have played:

Enhancement shaman = Good damage, good heals, low mobility (their mobility kinda sucks).

Feral druid = Great damage, good mobility (powershifting macro ftw), good heals, but still squishy because leather.

Balance druid (boomkin) = Great damage, great burst, good mobility (power-shifting macro, druid-blink aka displacer beast), but still not that good so just train that boomkin!!

Shadow priest = Cloth caster dps. Great damage, low survivability (you only have dispersion and power word shield).

Retribution paladin = Great damage (ret pallies do insane burst), Decent heals, good survivability with divine shield and hand of protection, Good mobility with hand of freedoms, but still sorta squishy.

Arms Warrior = Awesome damage!!! My number one melee class for DAMAGE!!! Good mobility, but not much self-heals. But team up with a healer and you will be a GOD!!

Hunter = The masters of kiting!! Great damage, low self-heals, good mobility with posthaste talent, good cc with traps, but still squishy.

Rogue = Have always been a very good class for pvp. But very reliant on their cooldowns (evasion cooldown i'm looking at you), Good damage, good mobility with burst of skill, but also very squishy.

Warlock = Cloth caster dps. Great damage, but not very mobile, Again cloth.

Frost Mage = One word: annoying!! Great damage, Their root capabilities are very strong. Again, just annoying when playing against.

Fire Mage = Great damage, But still annoying with dragon's breath.

Frost DK = Great damage, good self-heals with death siphon talent, Mobility kinda sucks, but you have the infamous death grip!!

And now we get to my all-time favorite class:

The Windwalker Monk!!!

- Very High Mobility!!
    - Decent damage (maybe not as much as a warrior and dk and retpally, but still decent damage).
    - Decent self-heals.
    - Again, Very High Mobility!!!

I think that is mainly why I love the Windwalker Monk so much. I mean, yes, we do get overshadowed by all the other classes that have been in the game since vanilla wow. All of the other classes do MUCH better damage than a windwalker, why would you want to take a windwalker over, say, a warrior?? You SHOULD take that warrior because as I have said, they do a HELL OF ALOT MORE damage than a windwalker monk.

Anyways, these are just some of my thoughts on each class that I have played in pvp.
    Last edited by chaarrllee3000; 2016-04-13 at 04:21 PM.