Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    On topic though a guy on r/woweconomy is currently taking a few hours to think about capping the Nalak mount which was currently at 600k on his server. Ridiculous.
    So silly, btw, even more silly, on the reddit thread there, someone suggested to cap it with 952,3k, lol. Told him I outbid that with 999,3k once, right on nalak mount.

Also, bodom, you seem like expert of inflation, do you think in the last 2 years inflation can actually have devalued gold by 5-6-7 times like I think? Cause someone here just disagreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Also, bodom, you seem like expert of inflation, do you think in the last 2 years inflation can actually have devalued gold by 5-6-7 times like I think? Cause someone here just disagreed.
    Those are similar to the numbers suggested in this thread, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is indeed something like that. From my own POV I felt that a million in MoP was indeed worth the equivalent to 5 million now or more, as I was really hesitating and asking myself if it was actually worth paying almost 500k for warrior T3 shoulders or 100k+ for the mage robe and belt. In the meanwhile Invincible and Mimiron's Head were of course getting capped every single time they spawned (on my low pop RP server!) which makes me really wonder how much the rarest mounts could fetch with a far higher gold cap on high pop realms. In terms of how much people were willing to pay for gold I'm not exactly sure as I never paid much attention to 3rd party websites, but my irl friends did offer me about an euro per thousand gold which I was fine with.

And remember the last time we had an inflation like this in Cataclysm? Countless bots farming ore, selling it for half of what you could prospect the ore and vendor the gems for since green gems vendored for 5g each. That's why things remained more or less the same after MoP came out, and I think the BMAH helped take some of that gold away too.

Harrison quests are so ridiculous to do with flying, the only problem of them is getting people with Harrison in their garrisons to invite you, but I do those quests with every lvl 100 char, much better than leveling followers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I saw the Faith shoulders go for 900k...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I saw the Faith shoulders go for 900k...
    Shouldn't really be surprised at any shoulders going high, that's pretty much the marquee visual slot. Capping them out and not waiting around to be outbid and not see them again for years is a good call.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Shouldn't really be surprised at any shoulders going high, that's pretty much the marquee visual slot. Capping them out and not waiting around to be outbid and not see them again for years is a good call.
    I guess but at a rate of $20 for 40k that's $440 for an item that uses the same exact visual as Tier 7...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I guess but at a rate of $20 for 40k that's $440 for an item that uses the same exact visual as Tier 7...
    Different color, much more prestige and such tied to it. Also anyone spending real money to buy tokens for the gold for transmog needs to get their head checked haha.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Different color, much more prestige and such tied to it. Also anyone spending real money to buy tokens for the gold for transmog needs to get their head checked haha.
    Back in MoP things very rarely made the cap, now they regularly do. Trust me, people are buying tokens.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I cant make gold, best gold making I had was FL trash. Then they nerfed that and I didn't make any more gold. in fact 75k is the most I have ever had and been living off that amount since then I wont let myself drop below 40K though so I never spend gold.

Back in MoP things very rarely made the cap, now they regularly do. Trust me, people are buying tokens.
    Sure, lazy and dumb people are. Simple garrison setup and lots of 100 alts able to run old raids means you don't have to do that and can make tons of gold, I'm working on my 6th gold cap atm playing maybe an hour or two a day and not really bothering with the AH at all. I guess if you have tons of disposable income but that doesn't apply to even a good percentage of players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, lazy and dumb people are. Simple garrison setup and lots of 100 alts able to run old raids means you don't have to do that and can make tons of gold, I'm working on my 6th gold cap atm playing maybe an hour or two a day and not really bothering with the AH at all. I guess if you have tons of disposable income but that doesn't apply to even a good percentage of players.
    I don't really believe you. I know people can make good money with the garrison/raids if they have lots of alts and milk it for all its worth but making 1M is not an easy business and anybody who blows that kind of gold on an item that shares its looks with two other items in the game obviously isn't aware of the time investment/effort associated with making that kind of money.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    You should be believing him. The only "false" statement his does is the word "simple". Takes lots of time and initial gold investment, but garrisons can print money after some weeks.

I don't really believe you. I know people can make good money with the garrison/raids if they have lots of alts and milk it for all its worth but making 1M is not an easy business and anybody who blows that kind of gold on an item that shares its looks with two other items in the game obviously isn't aware of the time investment/effort associated with making that kind of money.
    Everyone spending cap on T3 knows exactly how much time it takes to make, which is why they spend cap on it because they know they can duplicate the process. It's a very static, reasonably predictable means of making gold which is why so many are doing it. Making goldcap is easy once you have a solid foundation of level 100s with a good garrison setup which is easy to find online and running old raids for mounts and such. I've done it 6 times already this xpac playing just a few hours a day during the week and getting some serious playtime in on the weekends here and there, people with way more time than me would do much better.

Neither the Heroes or the Valorous T7 armor looks as good as T3 does, thus the increased demand for it since it's only obtainable via BMAH. Doesn't matter that there's those two derivative sets at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You should be believing him. The only "false" statement his does is the word "simple". Takes lots of time and initial gold investment, but garrisons can print money after some weeks.
    By simple I just meant that the specific buildings and such aren't complicated to figure out and get rolling. It's been made trivial to do with how many garrison guides there are online. There is a fair investment of time and gold but as you said it pays off well once it's going.

Well, it seems like also the gold cap has been 214,7k for 3 expansions: vanilla, tbc, wotlk, and then 1 million for 3: cata, mop, wod, I'd say an increase to 5 mil isn't out of touch with the situation when legion launches.

Keep in mind that, while old tiger etc. are still gonna be instant capped for 5 millions, blizzard will not cater to the top 0,1% (or so, I don't know exactly) who has so much gold they can throw away 5 mil on a mount without thinking twice about it, remember that invincible was (for some reason) capped already in mop, but the occurrence was so rare that it wasn't such a concern as it is now.

Now way too much stuff, mounts mainly but even t3 are being capped, also saw an interesting poll on the thread bodom linked that was made in january 2.016: apparently 10% of wow players are gold capped or richer atm, so that's about 250.000 players in eu, I'd say that totally explains (if not more) the amount of people we see at reset at BMAH on any realm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Well, it seems like also the gold cap has been 214,7k for 3 expansions: vanilla, tbc, wotlk, and then 1 million for 3: cata, mop, wod, I'd say an increase to 5 mil isn't out of touch with the situation when legion launches.

Keep in mind that, while old tiger etc. are still gonna be instant capped for 5 millions, blizzard will not cater to the top 0,1% (or so, I don't know exactly) who has so much gold they can throw away 5 mil on a mount without thinking twice about it, remember that invincible was (for some reason) capped already in mop, but the occurrence was so rare that it wasn't such a concern as it is now.

Now way too much stuff, mounts mainly but even t3 are being capped, also saw an interesting poll on the thread bodom linked that was made in january 2.016: apparently 10% of wow players are gold capped or richer atm, so that's about 250.000 players in eu, I'd say that totally explains (if not more) the amount of people we see at reset at BMAH on any realm.
    But the question is are these people really making their own gold or are they buying tokens? I'd say a lot more people are buying token then the 10% want to believe. I mean how else are you supposed to compete if you want something on BMAH but don't have 10 level 100 alts to grind the shit out of the game with and ensure you have 1M to drop on the BMAH like chump change.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-03-30 at 12:18 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You're getting that 1k extra gold because your TH characters were usable from recruiting day 1 or after weeks of turning them to epic/switch counters?

Comparing your ready to farm garrison with a new alt starting one is wrong. Stay in your Garrison. I regret i didn't farm Harrison faster on my new toons and have pushing it the last week, since all the new alts progress their TH so slowly.
    People have brand new alts? Seriously?

I don't. I have some straggler alts who are/were 23 or 24/25 followers but all right, if you are a gold hungry fiend AND for some reason you haven't logged in the past two years, sure, go ahead, and make all the Harrisons you want. But that's like not even the beginning of all the crap you "have" to do with brand new alts.

If you're still leveling alts out of sheer gold lust then I have no advice for you at all. 10-11 at max level is enough for me.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    People have brand new alts? Seriously?

I don't. I have some straggler alts who are/were 23 or 24/25 followers but all right, if you are a gold hungry fiend AND for some reason you haven't logged in the past two years, sure, go ahead, and make all the Harrisons you want. But that's like not even the beginning of all the crap you "have" to do with brand new alts.

If you're still leveling alts out of sheer gold lust then I have no advice for you at all. 10-11 at max level is enough for me.
    Agreed for the 10 alts. I used to have that amount (8 mine and 2 on wife account), when i decided to powerlvl 12 more for the rocket mount farm. Now my time and energy is draining managing those 20 alts daily. Still, from the questions we still see arising in this forum (and others), we can safely deduce that people don't know how to optimise their garrison for maximum gold income or they started new mains/alts to ride the gold wagon.

But the question is are these people really making their own gold or are they buying tokens? I'd say a lot more people are buying token then the 10% want to believe. I mean how else are you supposed to compete if you want something on BMAH but don't have 10 level 100 alts to grind the shit out of the game with and ensure you have 1M to drop on the BMAH like chump change.
    If I see the T3 shaman chest I will goldcap it on my hunter. I've had it slip through my bidding grasp for various reasons 4 times, never again. Haven't purchased a token to sell for real currency nor will I ever. However, I do have 11 max level garrison gold farms working it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    If I see the T3 shaman chest I will goldcap it on my hunter. I've had it slip through my bidding grasp for various reasons 4 times, never again. Haven't purchased a token to sell for real currency nor will I ever. However, I do have 11 max level garrison gold farms working it.
    My point exactly. So what's the option to compete for people who don't want to put that kind of time investment in the game? People are buying tokens to bid on BMAH. I'm sure they are and it's driving all the prices up.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

My point exactly. So what's the option to compete for people who don't want to put that kind of time investment in the game? People are buying tokens to bid on BMAH. I'm sure they are and it's driving all the prices up.
    Cata 25H runs on all your characters and/or getting good at the AH game, which is infinitely way more involved than just developing garrisons. It's a rough spot to be in to start them now since you'd get like 3-4 really solid months with them and that's it. I do Garrisons and 25H runs because it's less time involved and lots of it are passive since it's happening while I'm at work.