Thread: "Hush, Tyrande"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Killing Innocent people isn't Justice. Which is what you did in the Purge Alliance Side. Unless your going to blame the entire Sunreavers for the actions of one.
    Yeah, but you see...even we Paladins need money to live and for our equipment. We get that money from the Alliance and the Church, from Donations and Taxes of the People. Sure, i could invastigate every single one of the Sunreavers and just kill those who are guilty. But that would be pretty time consuming and expensive for the good people of stormwind, sooo...blaming the entire Sunreavers for the actions of one seems pretty legit.

Also, i want to ask if it's same to assume that the Tyrande bashing stuff is kinda like the same thing we alliance players do with Sylvanas?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Yeah, but you see...even we Paladins need money to live and for our equipment. We get that money from the Alliance and the Church, from Donations and Taxes of the People. Sure, i could invastigate every single one of the Sunreavers and just kill those who are guilty. But that would be pretty time consuming and expensive for the good people of stormwind, sooo...blaming the entire Sunreavers for the actions of one seems pretty legit.

Also, i want to ask if it's same to assume that the Tyrande bashing stuff is kinda like the same thing we alliance players do with Sylvanas?
    I don't actually hate tyrande, the only character I do hate is vereesa, her kids, and rhonin. But yea sylvanas and jaina, and a lesser extent tyrande are just easy to jab
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I never quite got why people made such a big thing of the "Hush, Tyrande" thing. It's in the book, and she hushes 3 people herself in the book. She's usually the one hushing people. Which is apparently a very Night Elfy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I never quite got why people made such a big thing of the "Hush, Tyrande" thing. It's in the book, and she hushes 3 people herself in the book. She's usually the one hushing people. Which is apparently a very Night Elfy thing.
    Because patriarchy. Some butt hurt feminist didn't like it so she complained. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Because patriarchy. Some butt hurt feminist didn't like it so she complained. Simple as that.
    Well, if you go into a discussion like that, I suppose I can see how it got so heated. So, I guess I can withdraw my previous post about not getting how it became such a big thing.

Oi, this. The scene from the book (the third book - in the second book, Tyrande herself hushed people 3 times, twice Malfurion and once Shandris):

They turned off without alerting the others. Malfurion peered across the shoreline. Ysera had flown so swiftly that they had been forced to backtrack some distance, but the druid sensed that they were finally near the other night elves.

There! Tyrande waved to him, the sight of her so wonderful that Malfurion momentarily forgot that he was also here for his twin. Only after recalling that did the druid suddenly note that Illidan was nowhere to be seen.

Ysera landed. As ever, the Aspect gazed around with eyes shut, but Malfurion understood by now that, despite appearances, she could see far better than most creatures.
    He leapt off. Tyrande met him, clinging to Malfurion with such intensity that he momentarily could think of nothing else than doing the same. Only when the dragon cleared her throat slightly did the two reluctantly separate.

“Malfurion—” the priestess began.

He put his fingers over her lips. “Hush, Tyrande. Where’s Illidan?”

Her eyes widened briefly. She looked over her shoulder. “By the very edge.”
    He wasn't going "Hush, woman, I am man, I will speak!", he was going "Hold up a minute, there's something a little more important than our reunion, like finding my scapegrace brother and escaping before the Well explodes." The line is virtually the same in-game - it was kind of a time-sensitive moment. The Well was unstable, the land around them crumbling - Malfurion's only thought was rescuing Tyrande and Illidan.

So, yeah. The big deal? A perfectly logical reaction to an emergency - try and get all of the important information as quickly as possible and save the reunion for when they're not all in certain danger. Oh noes.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    Can also be read as Tyrande's Silence.

Well. On-topic. I haven't started reading War of the Ancients yet. (since reading The Sunwell Trilogy almost killed my mind. I need a few days to at least rest) But i'm curious about this quote. Since far as i know is directly taken from the book.

What was its context? why Malfurion said it? it was really a "shut up, woman" line?
    Well you can say that Malfurion raped her raw right then and there, so yeah, it is a big deal. You can't just rape womyn like that.

Deleted
    I don't actually hate tyrande, the only character I do hate is vereesa, her kids, and rhonin. But yea sylvanas and jaina, and a lesser extent tyrande are just easy to jab
    As I said, I liked Vereesa ingame, without her husband. Her kids are kinda lame.

I'd rather wanted to see Arator, Allerias Son, as an alliance hero. He is a Half-Elf, he seems to have visions of his dying father every night of his life, he is the Son of the two greatest heroes of the Alliance and probably grew up as an orphan. Could make a mentally pretty fucked up Hero and Tokyo Ghoul teached us that these are the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    He hushed her because the Well was about to explode and didnt have time. He had to hurry up and fetch Illidan + Tyrande so they could escape so they wouldnt join in the Wells explosion.

That simple
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    I don't remember it being in the book. And, to be honest, in Warcraft 3 it was mostly the other way around, Tyrande would go "hush Malfurion" (not with those exact words, but still, when freeing Illidan Malfurion says something like "I forbid you" and she says "Only the Goddess may forbid me anything!" and preety much slams the door of the prison).

This is what I'm talking about, from 10:00 see the exchange:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9V7hiePzco
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-03-30 at 09:14 AM.

malfurion, one of the strongest dudes currently alive on the planet(and a major douchebag), was pissed and having nobody else's shit right now because illidan was being better than him and trying to save their people.

Deleted
    I always hated that line.I don't remember the book very well but I think that Tyrande did something similar to Shandris but it was not "Hush".that line is Malfurion's exclusively.

Deleted
    damn right she should shut her flytrap

permanently

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    I always hated that line.I don't remember the book very well but I think that Tyrande did something similar to Shandris but it was not "Hush".that line is Malfurion's exclusively.
    It's not. In book two, Tyrande says "Hush" three separate times - twice to Malfurion and once to Shandris. Literally "Hush", not some variant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    One must always suffer for the well-being of others. That's what Tyr teached us.
    Tirion literally sacrificed everything merely to be true to his words. No one in Warcraft embodied the concept of personal sacrifice as this dude.

But Tirion is not a Paladin anymore. He is a lightwielding Warrior.
    "It's not a bird, is a feathered animal that flies".

And Tirion let Humans suffer, just to help an orc who was probably a mass-murderer back in Draenor.
    How the humans suffered? Because he didn't let them sate a bloodlust?

And I like the assumption about Eitrigg being all this awful being, ignoring the fact that this guy did something that no other orc did back then, aka forsake his own people for how low they fell, deciding to live the rest of his life in solitude and isolation.

I think my Justice is better, I help one group of people and hurt another group of people.
    That's not absolute justice. Tirion created the independent Argent Crusade excatly to be free from the restraints politics impose to justice.

And even when you let politics get in the way to best serve the interests of your people, you still shouldn't hurt the innocent, crave for vengeance or the blood of your enemy. That's definitely not the way of the paladin. Even when you're an Alliance or Horde paladin, your goal should always be ensure the safety of your people. If that needs killing, so be it. But if for whatever reason you go beyond that, even if that's due to an order of your leader or superior, you're basically betraying your ways and what makes a paladin true just to be a good dog.

Tyrande barely did anything in WoW to warrant any hate, people merely mock the awkward behavior she sometimes display.

OT: The whole complain about that line was absolutely retarded and a sad reflection of our days, all about people getting offended for dumb shit with everyone feeling the need to excuse to them. Malfurion didn't bash Tyrande for being a "dumb woman", it was necessary to quickly clarify "the situation is grim dear, please let me focus because everything's going to shit". That's fucking all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    rhonin
    Good news for you then Friendlyimmolations, Rhonin died. During the siege of Theramore.

I liked the Sunwell Trilogy, because it was the first lore I ever read and got me into WoW's story, but reading it again, there is some cringie repetative dialogue, as in all Knaak books.

Surprised there aren't "Hush, Kalec" threads. Pretty sure Anveena tells him to "hush, now" at least twice within like 2 or 3 pages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainyan View Post
    It's not. In book two, Tyrande says "Hush" three separate times - twice to Malfurion and once to Shandris. Literally "Hush", not some variant.
    thanks although Shandris was just a child.no complaining there.