Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Unlike the lore and storytelling in WoW, that actually seems inspired and thoughtful and beautifully done.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Blizzard adventuring into YA titles isn't too surprising. It's a big market; done right it will generate some really strong revenue for them and readers of all ages, but especially younger readers, will likely give the game a look. It is, after all, a game that targets well into that age group. Blizzard could do a little more to make the game an adventure at the lower levels (that doesn't mean make leveling really difficult by the way).

It's a win. Looking forward to seeing the books start to come out. Those of you who have a real interest in all of this should watch to see if and how the game is being re-positioned looking forward to the future. I think there's a long game going on here that people who concentrate on tiny slices of what they like or don't like won't necessarily see or appreciate.

Right or wrong, Blizzard has a strategy and plan for the next few years. Given where the game is now that plan may involve some fairly large changes in how the game is marketed and possibly designed.
    ive noticed this as well.

legion ties off alot of the big hardcore fan requests like demon hunter, bringing back illidan and the warcraft 2 gang, while also looking at things for the future with claims that alleria and turalyon will "change the way we view warcraft" having a giant legion portal on the tomb of sargeras thats pumping out demons and could theoretically be an entryways to any new demon planet (wouldnt be completely surprised if the tomb ends up being an entry way to a new expansion at some point)

then chronicle and the illidan book both restructure and tidy up the lore while providing alot of future hooks and ways to think about new content and really lays a foundation down that hasnt really been here since warcraft 3

theres the movie that will show even more base foundation.

its almost like their remodeling the wow universe
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    At first, I was dismissive, but this actually looks quite good. Beyond "friends with a murloc" being cool, I like the "art subject notices they're being painted/drawn and that changes the relationship between the artist and subject" approach a lot. It's certainly a better approach to "art matters" than what one of the co-creators of my latest "hobby" is doing after A:TLA and TLOK.

That's more "art matters because the universe says it does" than "I will show you art mattering".

Even if I haven't played WoW in a good while, I'd be more likely to give this to my kid than the thing I linked, if for nothing else than a "history lesson" about something I was into for quite some time.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2016-03-29 at 11:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd read it. I'm basically 12 anyway.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    So World of Warcraft is literally for kids now. No wonder they are taking sexual things out of the game. That's probably why they covered up Sylvanas belly. So that Metzen's daughter can enjoy World of Warcraft. Enjoy your kids games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    They have the absolute best artists.
    Holy shit that looks amazing! If only we could have an actual city like that in game. I would never leave.

I'd definitely buy some of those if they were nelf-specific as that one picture implies. Or silly ones like murloc maybe, we need more of that and less RAWR ORCS. Star Wars Rebels is good so that's encouraging.

Also, toys!
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so hype for this. I love WoW when it's being a bit sillier, more down to earth, and self-aware. That's when the stories are at their best, I think.
    I personally lose interest whenever I feel WoW tries too hard to be epic and deep and dark and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Also, toys!
    Goodbye, money. You won't be missed.

Aran and Makasa ?

Attack on Warcraft

seems cool though

Enjoy your kids games.
    thanks, I will

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a great idea. I was thinking it would be cool if WoW's sequel was an MMO where you're kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    "Rawr, our shitty writing is magical and amazing, and we're still relevant!" --Death Cry of Blizzard #328
    Yes how dare a company try to sell products to as many people as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    The cynic in me sees it as the drug dealer putting the meth in vials with cartoons on it. On paper I don't really have an issue with this, as bizarre the idea of using a world that's built on war and death to teach kids to read, but the plan is to sell more games, and raise "Blizzard" kids, which I'm fundamentally against - kids are too vulnerable at that age to influence, and literature for them should not be sponsored by corporations who just want to sell them video games later on. Or soda, or clothes, or whatever. If I were a parent choosing books for my child, this would not be my choice.

But it's not a hill I want to place my flag on, and die on.
    Yes Blizzard is totally the first company to make a profit from childrens books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    They have the absolute best artists.

[bigtree]
    Is that Nordrassil or Shaladrassil?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Is that Nordrassil or Shaladrassil?
    that's Teldrassil.
    people, just use pure logic and lore.
    when the fck did night elves build a city on nordrassil?
    and why the fck should they build a city on a tainted world tree?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the heck is there suddenly a forest and small mountain range near Teldrassil?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Why the heck is there suddenly a forest and small mountain range near Teldrassil?
    Because trees don't usually grow in the middle of the sea, it could have a small island around it. It's not like that's the only difference from the crappy tree we have in WoW.

Il'll be 33 then. But, I'm 32 and 32/4=8, therefore this is for me too

Also, lol at the 1st youtube comment:

"cant wait to read the part when lvl 100 horde kill him and camp his corpse"

/disregard
    Last edited by rda; 2016-03-30 at 02:05 PM.

/disregard, I meant the games, not the books, apologies
    Last edited by rda; 2016-03-30 at 02:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    april 1st joke on the 30th of march.
    yes, and im queen bob of japan.

Formerly known as Arafal