Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did we get an idea from beta what the best solo class was in terms of max damage with best survivability? As much as this game is supposed to be played with people, that's something I rarely get to do. Also, what's the word on skill resets on the shop and for a ton of money?

I suppose I'll answer some of this for myself when I can play tonight, but I'm curious if people have been thinking about this already.
    BAD WOLF

Oh, I can't play yet unless I pay. Poopy. Guess I'm waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. Too laggy, too bugged, this is a shit launch. It takes like 5 minutes for an NPC to register that I clicked on them and I have to kill like 100 creatures to get credit for a 5 creature quest....I think I'll hold off on playing for a few days.
    BAD WOLF

Never play launch days
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just that we've had so much time for devs to learn, we shouldn't experience things this bad with every game we play at launch. And this is a little known game that shouldn't have that many players, but their networking is so bad we have this happen. I'm completely chill about it, like I'm not angry or anything, but it's still stupid.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's just that we've had so much time for devs to learn, we shouldn't experience things this bad with every game we play at launch. And this is a little known game that shouldn't have that many players, but their networking is so bad we have this happen. I'm completely chill about it, like I'm not angry or anything, but it's still stupid.
    Not entirely. It's quite normal for launch-day and will forever be the same, for all games. Companies can't invest in the temporary launch-day hype. They can only invest in longterm customers, so they scale their servers to fit their expectations in such a way, that they won't have to merge servers after.

It's annoying for the player, initially, but it's healthy business practice to sit out the heat and wait for the hype to die down.

did they fix the classes that were terrible on beta like mages and archers or they still shit? also what is there to do in the game besides leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Has anyone played this game with a controller? I have a wired 360 controller around here somewhere and this certainly feels like a game that would work well with a controller if the hotkeys don't become a problem.

Okay I tried out a controller and it seems to work perfectly for the game. As a wizard I do love the rumble effect when you unleash a spell.
    yes, controller works fine.

As for first day issues: i started yesterday night on the EU server, literally no queue and a kinda pleasant experince, not much lag (ping variable between 160 and 250 but playable) and no other issues.

Very likely Orsha/Klaipedia (especially the second) are really crowed for multiple reasons - EU server opened later, most people that bought the game are from NA/SA, etc.

Side note, unlocked the Peltasta and Swashbuckling is awesome. I need to not abuse of it ;D
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    yes, controller works fine.

As for first day issues: i started yesterday night on the EU server, literally no queue and a kinda pleasant experince, not much lag (ping variable between 160 and 250 but playable) and no other issues.

Very likely Orsha/Klaipedia (especially the second) are really crowed for multiple reasons - EU server opened later, most people that bought the game are from NA/SA, etc.

Side note, unlocked the Peltasta and Swashbuckling is awesome. I need to not abuse of it ;D
    As soon as they decide that the pre-order DLC can also be obtained on the EU server until the Open Access, I will reroll. Until then, I can't, so I'm biting the bullet and just..leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    As soon as they decide that the pre-order DLC can also be obtained on the EU server until the Open Access, I will reroll. Until then, I can't, so I'm biting the bullet and just..leveling.
    I claimed my TP and the bad service compensation stuff on the EU server with no issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    did they fix the classes that were terrible on beta like mages and archers or they still shit? also what is there to do in the game besides leveling?

Mages were never terrible but yeah, they buffed alot of the bad classes.
    Hunter (Archer Class Tree) is still shit tier though and it'll never be good because the pet AI is horrible and you can be sure that not every class is actually "viable" right now. Some skills are strictly useless and some aren't worth more than 1 point, no matter what you are trying to do with your build.

Archer is the strongest DPS class right now and it's not even close. They overbuffed them like mad.
    Some skills are so strong, that the game isn't even able to show the full damage because the system/engine/whatever is only able to show it up until 99.999 damage or something like that. However, they are still made out of glass and you actually need good Ping to play them properly... this isn't what "balance" is about however.

Besides leveling, there is Guild Vs Guild PvP (which is still in "beta"), Arena style PvP (which is a complete joke due to missing balance) and in addition to the leveling dungeons, there are High End dungeons (don't know if you can call them raids) that are actually pretty hard in terms of damage output and monster HP.
    At least that's what kToS was about, but I believe everything is in iToS too.

Another problem right now is that Tanks aren't tanks, you have barely any reason to spec your swordsman deeper than c1 into Peltasta for example because the "Defense" stat is a flat damage reduction and Peltasta doesn't offer any % dmg taken reduce skills whatsoever.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-03-30 at 08:19 AM.

I claimed my TP and the bad service compensation stuff on the EU server with no issues.
    Myea, but I already opened it...

Myea, but I already opened it...
    Then play on your server and tranfer later - they announced it was a one-time only thing and to keep that in the mail until things had settled down.

I don't think it would be an issue since TP apparently are tied to the account but whatever.

Then play on your server and tranfer later - they announced it was a one-time only thing and to keep that in the mail until things had settled down.

I don't think it would be an issue since TP apparently are tied to the account but whatever.
    The companion doesn't transfer. But I'll have to stay on the US server and won't be able to play with you guys. If I choose to reroll, I can't migrate later. It's stupid tbh..

Just enable us to obtain the Preorder bonuses on the other server, except the TP...

Why? shouldn't it be a complete team transfer? All related character stuff should be going with the team i assumed.

Good for me that i've waited.

Anyway they can easily make a new gift mail for people who transfered to the EU server with the goodies thay cannot bring over - except TP. Again, i really hope they will be able to migrate the stuff and fix the issue otherwise people will be ubermad.

They shouldn't have opened an EU server 4 hours after the game launched.

I just bought the access to this game as a hardcore RO player back in the day. I'm looking for a great dps monk build, but can't seem to find any that are recent. Have there been any sweeping changes to monks that would render older builds useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I just bought the access to this game as a hardcore RO player back in the day. I'm looking for a great dps monk build, but can't seem to find any that are recent. Have there been any sweeping changes to monks that would render older builds useless?
    Not yet so far, no.

Iron Skin is supposedly completely broken in PVP and if you plan to play a monk, you will most likely go Priest C3. So keep that in mind. They will likely nerf it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely. It's quite normal for launch-day and will forever be the same, for all games. Companies can't invest in the temporary launch-day hype
    The fact that we've accepted this as consumers is terrible, to be frank. It actually isn't standard for all games, no should we expect it to be. And there are definitely strategies to take to make sure they have launch day handled while easily reducing capacity in the future.

It's just that all of them have been lazy about it b/c we just accept it. Here's a server arch revolution: open multiple versions of one server for launch day, have names be shared across them, then collapse them after the launch dies down to lower concurrency. It's pretty straight forward.

In any case, I'm part of the problem since I really don't care that this is happening. When it is WoW or Diablo maybe I'm up in arms crusading against them, but for this I really just don't care. I just went to watch TV or play something else and I'll try again the next day. But as a discussion point, yeah they should do better and can do better.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been following this game for months now, even since Fevir posted a few videos about it last summer. So far having a lot of fun during the times when server lag isn't killing the experience. Can't tell yet if this will be the type of game that is fun for the long run, though, or if it's just going to be a few days/weeks entertainment before I get bored.

Anyways, Love the art, the music score, the play and control feel (both with keyboard and with a controller), and especially loving the ambitious character advancement system that gives the player tons of meaningful choices to make while leveling up their character (the exact opposite of World of Warcraft basically). Initial impressions are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The fact that we've accepted this as consumers is terrible, to be frank. It actually isn't standard for all games, no should we expect it to be. And there are definitely strategies to take to make sure they have launch day handled while easily reducing capacity in the future.

It's just that all of them have been lazy about it b/c we just accept it. Here's a server arch revolution: open multiple versions of one server for launch day, have names be shared across them, then collapse them after the launch dies down to lower concurrency. It's pretty straight forward.

In any case, I'm part of the problem since I really don't care that this is happening. When it is WoW or Diablo maybe I'm up in arms crusading against them, but for this I really just don't care. I just went to watch TV or play something else and I'll try again the next day. But as a discussion point, yeah they should do better and can do better.
    Yes, you are the problem. You are the consumerism that allows abominations like EA to keep on making their instant-gratification gameburgers. You are the consumerism, that expects a dynamic product to be as static and instantly fulfilling as buying a sledgehammer at wallmart. It's either whole and working, or broken and defect, which entitles the consumer to a refund and a nice little bit of cursing and shouting, because, admit it, the consumers likes to rub it in ánd get their money back.

We gamers however, respect the hard work that's being put into a product of which we realize it's dynamic and thus open to change. We realize that Black Friday is a slaughterhouse and we understand that there's simply not enough capacity to keep that from happening. So when a game launches and it has its opening sale, we watch and chew bubblegum. We wait patiently for what ultimately comes, a store with plenty of room to do shopping.

And the store? It's still there. Same size, same capacity. Because increasing the size of the store just because of 2 days of extreme amounts of consumers, is simply ludicrous.

After WoW (which also had a terrible launch day), which singlehandedly turned the MMO genre from a niche, into mainstream, only one studio was able to beat the launch-day and that was TRION, with Rift. It wasn't 100% successful, there was still lag, but it was playable. I've been at the launch of every single MMO since WoW and only Rift, had a reasonable launch. This is not a technical failure, this is proper business instinct and more favourable to the players that stick. They'll be on wealthy, healthy, servers, without requiring all sorts of crazy server merges.

Drop the consumerism, be a gamer.

- - - Updated - - -

Buuugggg...