Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deloctyte View Post
    Lothar and Durotan shall both be leading splinter groups trying to figure out something other than mutual massacring of the races. If you know your lore, you know what level of a miserable failure that will result in. The Razing of Stormwind is happening. Thrall is getting orphaned one way or another. This shit will be dark.

Also, why not join the main forum thread instead of making separate topics?
    Will do, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    This movie is about the First War, right? The one where the orcs came storming through the Dark Portal in a demon fueled rage and murdered every human on sight? Why the hell are two of the top dogs in the army contemplating a treaty with the humans?
    You should read a book before talking.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont understand why the made durotan as key figure if it was always orgrim vs lothar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    While it was for different reasons, yes this already happened in the second war. It set's a precedent that they can negotiate with eachother
    The First War =/= Second War, that's my point. Look I get what you're saying I do but that doesn't change the point.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2016-03-30 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    i dont understand why the made durotan as key figure if it was always orgrim vs lothar.
    Because Durotan is a key figure ? He is by far the most interesting orc ever.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You should read a book before talking.
    have u read them even? i know them for 100%. humans never communicated with horde apart of garona.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic4LIFE View Post
    Are you kidding me? No. Horde is the bad guys.. I play Horde.. We're the bad guys and we love being the bad guys.
    Well i believe that Durotan will die an honorable death while dealing a blow to a bad guy (probably Blackhand) as opposed to the love where he gets assasinated and while he was still alive they cut off his arms saying "we cut off your arms so you can never hold your baby again". I'd stick to the yolo ending.

Quote Originally Posted by AgeOldGnomette View Post
    The First War =/= Second War, that's my point.

And my original point was that they are merging for simplicity. The first war was pretty shortlived, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Durotan is a key figure ? He is by far the most interesting orc ever.
    are u fcing joking?!?!?!?! orgrim 10 times more interesting...not talking about grom and others...hes the least interesting...wtf is wrong with u.

Deleted
    have u read them even? i know them for 100%. humans never communicated with horde apart of garona.
    Yes i have. Durotan never wanted war. He always tried to cool down the orcs and thus it makes sense. Durotan and Ogrimm where close friends.

The thread was about why they would want to work together. Because noone of them wants war.

Rekt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    And my original point was that they are merging for simplicity. The first war was pretty shortlived, after all.
    Which deviates from the original lore, yes. The First War according to the offical time line lasted 5 years or 1 then six years of interlude before the orcs even made their way to the northern part (Where Alterac is.) of the Eastern Kingdoms. :|
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2016-03-30 at 10:11 AM.

Deleted
    are u fcing joking?!?!?!?! orgrim 10 times more interesting...not talking about grom and others...hes the least interesting...wtf is wrong with u.
    omgzorbsfckwtfwtfgibbers

lemmerbgfuckthisisinsaneidcidkwtfisthis?

Durotan is more interesting.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i have. Durotan never wanted war. He always tried to cool down the orcs and thus it makes sense. Durotan and Ogrimm where close friends.

The thread was about why they would want to work together. Because noone of them wants war.

Rekt
    but thats just wrong...durotan never did anything to stop the bloodshed. even after ner zul told him the truth.
    orgrim didnt knew anything that horde did bad things..only after durotan told him after first war................

Deleted
    but thats just wrong...durotan never did anything to stop the bloodshed. even after ner zul told him the truth.
    orgrim didnt knew anything that horde did bad things..only after durotan told him after first war................
    Yes he did? This is a lie :P

I think you skipped a couple of chapters where Durotans clan was basicly the only one not prepairing for war and him getting on the bad side of most other orcs

Rekt
    Yeah, Orgrim never wanted war. That's why he took the mantle of warchief and started the second war with an all out attack on Lordaeron and Quel'thalas.

Durotan was the one who didn't want war, and Orgrim felt betrayed by him because of it. But even before Durotan was exiled, he still participated in the slaughter.

Deleted
    Yeah, Orgrim never wanted war. That's why he took the mantle of warchief and started the second war with an all out attack on Lordaeron and Quel'thalas.

Durotan was the one who didn't want war, and Orgrim felt betrayed by him because of it. But even before Durotan was exiled, he still participated in the slaughter.
    Thats.... basicly what i said. Reading comprehension?

You said no one of them wants war. Durotan is the only one who doesn't, all the others do.

Deleted
    You said no one of them wants war. Durotan is the only one who doesn't, all the others do.
    "Yes i have. Durotan never wanted war. He always tried to cool down the orcs and thus it makes sense. Durotan and Ogrimm where close friends."

It makes perfect sense that they should work together. The orcs are very warrior like but from the books its obvious that most of them go to war because they are scared and wants to flee the wrecked outlands.

They get manipulated into something so it makes perfect sense to try and work together instead of mindlessly killing everyone.

Hmm, interesting. Well, I've played both factions but I would have to say orcs are my favorite race. I know both factions have done wrong and I feel like you guys that are upset are upset because you want the story to be darker but you have to look at it this way, there are so many movies and stories already built on the same idea where we have these knights in shining armor (alliance) who kill the evil savages or whatever. We've all seen that story over and over. If you want my opinion the orcs were the real victims, they were taken advantage of by gul'dan and the demons, and I also believe that telling the story this way adds a lot more depth to the characters. Instead of just good and bad, we will get to see the point of view of both sides and choose for ourselves. I think this movie will be great, probably the best of the year for me. Sure it could have been more like Warcraft Orcs & Humans but that story was made for the game, and this one will be for the movie. I've been enjoying Warcraft for the past 11 years, and I'm just happy they decided to share this story with people who haven't experienced it yet.

The change had to be made for narrative reasons, but also to cement some plotholes.