Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Back in MoP things very rarely made the cap, now they regularly do. Trust me, people are buying tokens.
    Of course back in MoP things never went for cap because it didn't have garrisons spewing hundreds of thousands of gold at anyone with a clue.

Being gold capped in MoP meant you knew how to actually make money. Being gold capped now means you know how to level alts and use google
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2016-03-30 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Of course back in MoP things never went for cap because it didn't have garrisons spewing hundreds of thousands of gold at anyone with a clue.

Being gold capped in MoP meant you knew how to actually make money. Being gold capped now means you know how to level alts and use google
    Don't be ridiculous. I was multiple gold capped in MoP, and all that garrisons have done is roughly double the gold I make, because I'm a huge slacker.

In order to make gobs of gold from your garrison you need multiple L100 characters with L3 garrisons and you need a half dozen (or more if you're into it) Treasure Hunters per character and you need to log in 1-2x a day every day.

Personally, I think that anyone who is willing to do that is (1) rare and (2) deserves the gold.

If you want to make shit loads of gold with minimal effort you should be doing CM or Mythic carries instead.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    My point exactly. So what's the option to compete for people who don't want to put that kind of time investment in the game? People are buying tokens to bid on BMAH. I'm sure they are and it's driving all the prices up.
    If your point was even remotely true, the token prices in EU wouldnt be over 80k gold. Because there would be a huge supply of tokens from ppl who would buy 22 tokens (approximately, with current prices) for a gold cap in BMAH. Also please think. 20 tokens=500 euro. People would never pay that much real money for a single mog item.

Same applies to US, only the amount of tokens for cap is double. I doubt the WoW playerbase has enough ppl to spend that kind of RL cash to create a BMAH problem.

The gold inflation is from the game itself, not the tokens. Your suggestion is ridiculously ludicrous (see what i did there?).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    If your point was even remotely true, the token prices in EU wouldnt be over 80k gold. Because there would be a huge supply of tokens from ppl who would buy 22 tokens (approximately, with current prices) for a gold cap in BMAH. Also please think. 20 tokens=500 euro. People would never pay that much real money for a single mog item.

Same applies to US, only the amount of tokens for cap is double. I doubt the WoW playerbase has enough ppl to spend that kind of RL cash to create a BMAH problem.

The gold inflation is from the game itself, not the tokens. Your suggestion is ridiculously ludicrous (see what i did there?).
    I just can't believe people are making so much gold in the game that 1M gold is now chump change. Like you said that's equal to $500 in rl money, regardless of how you got it. To think so many people would make cap from Garrisons and Cataclysm Raids that they can blow it on random BMAH items (not just 1% drop rate mounts) on a regular basis without ever buying a single token seems really disingenuous to me.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-03-30 at 07:22 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't believe people are making so much gold in the game that 1M gold is now chump change. Like you said that's equal to $500 in rl money, regardless of how you got it. To think so many people would make cap from Garrisons and Cataclysm Raids that they can blow it on random BMAH items (not just 1% drop rate mounts) on a regular basis without ever buying a single token seems really disingenuous to me.
    I've been "slacking" with my garrisons ever since they were added, as in only doing gold missions and messing around with salvage yards for the entire duration of 6.1, ignoring Barns or any other professions, not killing Kazzak every week after 6.2 came out and ignoring the shipyards for months, yet I'm probably going to be gold capped on every single character that has had their garrisons running throughout the expansion by the time Legion comes out. Not all of it comes from gold missions, not even close, but my entire gold making strategy relies 100% on those garrisons and the items and gold I can get from them. How many characters I have is irrelevant, that's one million gold per character no matter if it's 5 or 20.

Can't even imagine how much gold someone who has actually had Barns or Salvage Yards, or even professions for that matter, running since day 1 have actually made. I mean many 665 BoEs were in the 100k range and Savage Bloods were 1500g each, the potential was crazy. No wonder many people can afford capping 1% mounts at the BMAH while also being able to afford every single TCG mount. There must be people out there with 100 million gold by now.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter if you can't believe it. It's true. Gold capped people never gold capped themselves on tokens, only on garrisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible. Overall, it's probably an EXTREMELY small percentage of the actual player base, but there are tons of people that are gold capped. From what I've been reading on these boards over the past few months, there are a lot of people here that:

1. Have tons of level 100s. Not uncommon for posters here to have a 100 of every class, that's 11 already.
    2. Know how to properly set up a garrison. Aka tons of treasure hunters, war mill/salvage yard, JC tent for ezmode daily, etc.

Also, consider that the expansion is what, 1.5 years old now? Treasure hunters came out in 6.1 if I'm not mistaken, that's still over 12 months since they first were introduced. With MasterPlan and other garrison addons it takes maybe 2 minutes per character to log in, complete any previous missions, open all your salvage crates, and send your followers on new missions. For 11 level 100 characters that's 22 minutes, let's just say 30 minutes a day to make it a nice number.

Myself personally, I've made about 30K gold over the past 7 days just from garrisons, running old raids (I do all of WotLK/Cata raids), and just a bit of AH (selling crafteds). That's just on my one and only level 100 character; for someone who has 11 level 100s, hitting the gold cap is not really that far fetched.

But the question is are these people really making their own gold or are they buying tokens? I'd say a lot more people are buying token then the 10% want to believe. I mean how else are you supposed to compete if you want something on BMAH but don't have 10 level 100 alts to grind the shit out of the game with and ensure you have 1M to drop on the BMAH like chump change.
    Those who actively play to be bothered about tokens are a minority as it is (at least active buyers) - this is the "hit max level in first patch" crowd that is cited as less than 10% of the active population.

We're then looking at in all realistic terms a minority of that, certainly 20% of less of those actives who would buy tokens.

We're then removing most of EU's extreme buyers as they'll buy TCG mounts instead if they want to flip for gold, it's a lot more efficient.

Remember playing the AH was not a feat before garrison gave free income. Making 1m was not difficult if you learnt your server markets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    Well, it seems like also the gold cap has been 214,7k for 3 expansions: vanilla, tbc, wotlk, and then 1 million for 3: cata, mop, wod, I'd say an increase to 5 mil isn't out of touch with the situation when legion launches.

Keep in mind that, while old tiger etc. are still gonna be instant capped for 5 millions, blizzard will not cater to the top 0,1% (or so, I don't know exactly) who has so much gold they can throw away 5 mil on a mount without thinking twice about it, remember that invincible was (for some reason) capped already in mop, but the occurrence was so rare that it wasn't such a concern as it is now.

Now way too much stuff, mounts mainly but even t3 are being capped, also saw an interesting poll on the thread bodom linked that was made in january 2.016: apparently 10% of wow players are gold capped or richer atm, so that's about 250.000 players in eu, I'd say that totally explains (if not more) the amount of people we see at reset at BMAH on any realm.
    how meny players do you think had 213k when thay incrased the cap to 1mill?

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole "players spending BMAH cap on stupid items" thing can be attributed to the fact that we are at the end of the expansion's life as well. WoD came out almost a year and a half ago, players have had no new content in months, so those who are sitting at gold cap may feel more inclined to spend on "stupid" items because, well, what else are they gonna do with their gold? And they know they have a few months to make that gold back, too.

If we're at the beginning of an expansion people would probably not be capping BMAH prices as frequently because they'll be too busy leveling up, gearing, getting new recipes/enchants/gems, etc. and will have more important things to spend money on. Players in progression guilds especially, instead of spending money on BMAH they'll be spending tons on craftables/BoEs, anything they can buy to get even the slightest advantage in raiding. Fast forward to the end of an expansion, people have cleared everything and are twiddling their thumbs while idling in their garrisons. If you're gold capped, why not spend it?

10+ Year Old Account
    if by buy tokens you mean purchasing them with my chump change of gold, yes you are correct, i use my gold as my game time now, but i can 100% assure you that given my current personal circumstances, i do not want to pay sub money, let alone the extra that is a token for irl monies, so yes, i am playing the AH very well currently and am reaping the rewards, you just wouldn't believe the prices people pay for things, especially when said items are often bought myself in the first place very cheaply!

i do supplement with garrisons, just the one though, i find it extremely tedious to even contemplate min maxing my paladins garrison too, find your niche on the AH, its very rewarding

10+ Year Old Account
    On one of my alt's servers yesterday I saw the Warlock T3 Shoulders goldcapped. The funny thing was this was on a low populated server (Saurfang EU).
    If items like that go for goldcap, even on low populated servers, they better do something about the current goldcap people can carry (or make it account wide cap), because on high populated servers the problem is a thousand times worse.
    Currently on Turalyon/Doomhammer EU we are 7-10 people at the Black Market Auction House every evening hoping for a Mount or a specific transmog to cap. That's just plain silly.. I remember back in Mists you barely had anyone visit the BMAH, let alone insta-cap items (but this is due to how gold is generated in the game nowadays).
    It's a bidwar right now, which usually ends up in frustration more as relief.
    So many options to "fix" the current gold problem have been given, from raising the cap to raising the items avail on the BMAH and many others, yet no word from people who make this game. Either they don't see this as a problem like a chunk of the community does, or they're secretly working on a solution we have yet to see. Let's hope for the latter so extreme situations like they occur now will be less common.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    how meny players do you think had 213k when thay incrased the cap to 1mill?
    Fewer than 1/10 of the players who have 1 mill now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post

Are you saying it was hard to google the insane farming locations and shuffle ores in MoP? All that expansion required was a bit more effort. Making gold was ezpz.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    I don't think the inflation has been a factor of 7 or anything like that. However, people are willing to part with very large sums of gold for a few rare items these days.
    7 actually sound about right, obviously we only have anecdotal evidence, but for myself, I ended MoP with about 350k gold made casually by playing the gems market on a high pop realm. Now, without any effort (zero AH playing, just selling items there), I'm sitting at 1.4m and it's still a long way till I can meaningfuly spend any of it.

You think that is bad TC. The rusted proto drake is currently going for 200k on the BMAH on Stormrage US and its only 9am. Still over 12 hours to go.
    Last edited by Alcomo; 2016-03-30 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Are you saying it was hard to google the insane farming locations and shuffle ores in MoP? All that expansion required was a bit more effort. Making gold was ezpz.
    It took a hell of a lot more effort than "log in click tables log out"

Deleted
    Smoldering Egg at gold cap on Ravencrest-EU. I've looted 2 of these over the past year during FL gold runs.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Smoldering Egg at gold cap on Ravencrest-EU. I've looted 2 of these over the past year during FL gold runs.
    I've looted 13 of these so far in about 500 kills or even slightly less, yes, it's insane, because the drop rate is that good.

By the way, the one who asked how many were gold capped in wotlk (214,7k), now I'm not expert of wotlk, I was a new player, and certainly had nowhere near cap but from what I've been reading only a handful of people had cap, something similar to how many people had 1 mil in mop; the amount of people gold capped in wod has certainly never been seen before, the gold cap has never been (relatively) as low as it is now.

Someone asked how people are supposed to make gold cap without optimized garrison, well, my garrison isn't optimized, I certainly do a lot of 25 hc farming cause I make over 100k with them every single week, but that's nothing compared to what I make flipping pets across 30 realms, basically you exploit the amount of gold that is being generated by selling stuff higher than you did the other expansions because gold is all over the place and people will buy it, simple as that.

Also, you can bid exactly 953.000 to cap mounts in bmah without worrying, I just did a test, do the test as well if you need: I bid 9.530 on a BMAH container when it was still lower, I checked next possible bid, 10.000, meaning it would be precisely 1.000.000 to outbid 953.000, but you have 1 copper less.

Another test you can do is bidding 95.300 as soon as possible or 9.530 as soon as possible on items that you're sure you will be outbid on, so you don't waste anything, I found containers fine nowadays, you will see next bid will be 100.000 or 10.000.
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2016-03-30 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    well I am the person who caped egg...I was doin that, bcs after over a year of farming I am sick of that place...this is also 2nd most wanted mount I wanna...also now I can finally spend my time farming exp B-12, since I never farming more then 2 mounts to not burned myself...and for the end, the most important thing, now I do not have any more obligations to log myself every evening at 23:30, which will make my wife very happy and when is yours wife happy...you know......cheers all!!!