Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Because movie is separate canon/uniwerse, and those aren't really orgrim and durotan just really convincing lookalikes.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Because movie is separate canon/uniwerse, and those aren't really orgrim and durotan just really convincing lookalikes.
    thats the main fcing problem. it has only name of warcraft anything else is like warlords of draenor..alternate shitcrap. i'll say that... arthases story wont be the same. and the reason we like his story will go away. fuck u blizzard!

- - - Updated - - -

noob duncan jones. making movie thats based on game and book?! read it atleast!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    thats the main fcing problem. it has only name of warcraft anything else is like warlords of draenor..alternate shitcrap. i'll say that... arthases story wont be the same. and the reason we like his story will go away. fuck u blizzard!

- - - Updated - - -

noob duncan jones. making movie thats based on game and book?! read it atleast!!!!
    Funny thing is, some things in books have poor transition in movies, especially when it doesn't do anything in the grand scheme, which is why they decide to remove it. As such, I'm not one of the people who cried that Tom Bobadil wasn't in LotR or Peeves the Poltergeist in Harry Potter.

Explain to me for example what differance does it make for Durotan in movieverse? Nothing much different, just reinforcing that there are too many people on each side working to prevent peaceful solution, the end result is still that he dies in the end, with the differance that at Gul'dan's hand in the movie, instead of assassins.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2016-03-30 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    "Yes i have. Durotan never wanted war. He always tried to cool down the orcs and thus it makes sense. Durotan and Ogrimm where close friends."

It makes perfect sense that they should work together. The orcs are very warrior like but from the books its obvious that most of them go to war because they are scared and wants to flee the wrecked outlands.

They get manipulated into something so it makes perfect sense to try and work together instead of mindlessly killing everyone.
    Not really. In Rise of the Horde only Orgrim and Durotan are worried about their planet. The rest just want to invade Azeroth because Gul'dan promised them power and they enjoyed the slaughter.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Funny thing is, some things in books have poor transition in movies, especially when it doesn't do anything in the grand scheme, which is why they decide to remove it. As such, I'm not one of the people who cried that Tom Bobadil wasn't in LotR or Peeves the Poltergeist in Harry Potter.

Explain to me for example what differance does it make for Durotan in movieverse? Nothing much different, just reinforcing that there are too many people on each side working to prevent peaceful solution, the end result is still that he dies in the end, with the differance that at Gul'dan's hand in the movie, instead of assassins.
    i will tell u what my problem. i dunno atleast ONE movie that is based on game that is ok atleast...all movies that are made on books or games SUCK HARD... and i dont like that the result will be the same for my best theme (game. book)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Not really. In Rise of the Horde only Orgrim and Durotan are worried about their planet. The rest just want to invade Azeroth because Gul'dan promised them power and they enjoyed the slaughter.
    wrong... omfg why u all so silly... read the damn book! they all were manipulated that draenei are their enemies and they need to defend themselves...and blood is the thing that can give them more power! werethey told that they gonna be slaves of demons?! or only to kill?!

also they went to another planet not to just kill... it was a safe house from a dying planet they had... what does it have to do with slaughter...

i will tell u what my problem. i dunno atleast ONE movie that is based on game that is ok atleast...all movies that are made on books or games SUCK HARD... and i dont like that the result will be the same for my best theme (game. book)

- - - Updated - - -

wrong... omfg why u all so silly... read the damn book! they all were manipulated that draenei are their enemies and they need to defend themselves...and blood is the thing that can give them more power! werethey told that they gonna be slaves of demons?! or only to kill?!

also they went to another planet not to just kill... it was a safe house from a dying planet they had... what does it have to do with slaughter...
    You make it sound like the orcs were the victims. But who attacked the draenei first? The draenei had never shown any signs of aggression, and I believe Restalaan outright asked Ogrim and Durotan why they were attacking them. Yet they continued anyway, killing men, women, and children.

And they themselves destroyed their planet, it's their own fault.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

I think there is a couple of decent game to movie adaptations. None of them hugely succesful but some of them not bad either.

Warcraft could be the first hugely succesful. Either way i dont think its gonne end up being a bad one. They obviously pured their soul into it and with that in mind its not going to be just another cash game to fim movie

AH.... so you're one of those few that didn't like LotR movies. Ok.

But yeah, game movies have been awful and only a few you could count on one hand, were atleast fun to watch.
    The reason however why they sucked is because the producers tossed all the source material out the window and inserted some lame nonsensical plot with too many holes, while referancing game mechanics. That's it.

Duncan however is taking this movie seriously and any changes that happen are only to help the narrative.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2016-03-30 at 02:52 PM.

"This is the role durotan would have had if he was in the first war." -blue dev.
    I think it was metzen
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

So Blizzard can revise the First War to show how noble and honorable the orcs were the whole time and only a few bad apples were fighting.

As people have pointed out, Durotan never drank the blood, Orgrim kills Blackhand and takes command of the horde to survive in the new world. What really bugs me is will they do the real Garona killing Llane or the false guldan mindcontrol? She was commanded by Orgrim to kill Llane and was forced kill Llane to show she was still loyal to the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So Blizzard can revise the First War to show how noble and honorable the orcs were the whole time and only a few bad apples were fighting.
    Biased alliance mod is bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Yeah, Orgrim never wanted war. That's why he took the mantle of warchief and started the second war with an all out attack on Lordaeron and Quel'thalas.

Durotan was the one who didn't want war, and Orgrim felt betrayed by him because of it. But even before Durotan was exiled, he still participated in the slaughter.
    And didn't Orgrim do all this while having never drank the Blood? I always thought that was interesting, that he was NOT driven by the bloodlust and fel corruption and still led the Horde conquest.

And didn't Orgrim do all this while having never drank the Blood? I always thought that was interesting, that he was NOT driven by the bloodlust and fel corruption and still led the Horde conquest.
    Orgrim didn't drink the blood, but they're still orcs. And in the heat of battle, orcs become killing machines. Even Durotan, probably the biggest pacifist of them all, was enjoying the slaughter at some point.

I guess all comic book movies are garbage too, right? Nobody likes those because they always suck?

I won't go into the long, long list of critically and financially successful book adaptations.

- - - Updated - - -

Orgrim didn't drink the blood, but they're still orcs. And in the heat of battle, orcs become killing machines. Even Durotan, probably the biggest pacifist of them all, was enjoying the slaughter at some point.
    But it's a step up, to me, from the heat of battle to outside of battle planning and preparing for the slaughter of an entire people. And Orgrim did just that by pressing the onward march of conquest while free of the blood's taint. I find it odd everyone ignores this. Orgrim was NOT the noble hero he's often viewed as. He's pretty messed up.

Acually Orgrim took over the horde by killing Blackhand as blackhand was taking the horde too far, second war is a war of survival for the orcs as the alliance is formed. The human alliance of kingdoms not the alliance of today. Orgrim fought for the survival of the orcs in the second war as they were almost wiped out and placed in camps at the end as we know.
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Well its blizzards lore. They can(and should) pretty much do what the hell they want with it. People should stop whining. If you dont like a book? Move on to something else. Dont go to the authors forum and whine for years about how bad you think it is

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes Orgrim was leading a group of hungry mad orcs that needed something to kill, you have to throw them to someone or they will killeach other like what happened after they finished off the draenei

i honestly dont mind small details being changed or retconned for better understanding, so far nothing major in the movie, but i read few leaks here and there about the end of warcraft movie with stormwind not being destroyed, i started to worry about the plot.

but as long as they keep up with the main plot like the books, its gonna be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Biased alliance mod is bad!
    I was being facetious, but I do think they're going to go too far.

To me, the First War should be about the brutality and savage monstrosity of the orcs complete destruction of Stormwind. They should be absolute monsters.

The parallel on the two sides would be the Alliance facing this invasion with nearly no hope of survival while on the Horde side, Durotan and his tribe are equally helpless to stop what he sees as the corruption of his people as the fel blood takes them and changes them.

I guess all comic book movies are garbage too, right? Nobody likes those because they always suck?

I won't go into the long, long list of critically and financially successful book adaptations.

- - - Updated - - -

But it's a step up, to me, from the heat of battle to outside of battle planning and preparing for the slaughter of an entire people. And Orgrim did just that by pressing the onward march of conquest while free of the blood's taint. I find it odd everyone ignores this. Orgrim was NOT the noble hero he's often viewed as. He's pretty messed up.
    By the time the first war was ended the alliance was formed and Orgrim fought for survival with his horde. Do you think the human armies simply spared orc childen? Dont be naive.

Acually Orgrim took over the horde by killing Blackhand as blackhand was taking the horde too far, second war is a war of survival for the orcs as the alliance is formed. The human alliance of kingdoms not the alliance of today. Orgrim fought for the survival of the orcs in the second war as they were almost wiped out and placed in camps at the end as we know.
    Orgrim fought for the survival of the orcs in the second war? They were the aggressors still.

They were unchallenged. He marched them through Dun Morogh and drove the dwarves to isolate themselves in Iron Forge. They continued north, ransacking everything they came across. They invaded Quel'thalas. They would have wiped out Lordaeron if not for the internal schism giving the Alliance the chance to drive what forces remained back.

By the time the first war was ended the alliance was formed and Orgrim fought for survival with his horde. Do you think the human armies simply spared orc childen? Dont be naive.
    Considering the Alliance armies spared the generals that led the First War slaughter....uh... yeah? The camps were the alternative to those wanting to outright execute all the orcs.