Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annu View Post
    So it never occurred to you that nearly all minorities in Europe are white? Just as nearly all minorities in Africa are black?

Or are just a superficial American who thinks all people with the same skin color are the same?
    Well, from what I have seen of people spitting out the phrase "white privilege", they seem to have a tendency to have some racist undertones in their rhetoric. So I would honestly not be surprised if this was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post

I'm not even going to entertain your " lots of white people are poor and mistreated" rhetoric because it's an obvious red herring.
    Gee, if only you had been there to tell the armenians to stop whining about the "red herring" of their genocide, which I hear never actually happened anyway, just like the jewish genocide, eh? And clearly, the slavs have had nothing to worry about throughout history, and the finns have always been in a position of privilege, along with the irish, naturally, as well as all these other peoples who are totally indistinguishable from each other because they're all "white", eh?

I mean... you're just so fucking clueless, dude, it's unbelievable. In Norway alone we have like 5-6 different white minorities, who have suffered all sorts of persecutions against them, like e.g. Norwegianization, because of their culture or ethnicity. Nothing like what we've seen on the continent, sure, but even our mild history is enough enough to reject your premise... and the rest of the world's (even very recent) history stands testament to nothing so much as your incredible lack of perspective.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Gee, if only you had been there to tell the armenians to stop whining about the "red herring" of their genocide, which I hear never actually happened anyway, just like the jewish genocide, eh? And clearly, the slavs have had nothing to worry about throughout history, and the finns have always been in a position of privilege, along with the irish, naturally, as well as all these other peoples who are totally indistinguishable from each other because they're all "white", eh?

I mean... you're just so fucking clueless, dude, it's unbelievable. In Norway alone we have like 5-6 different white minorities, who have suffered all sorts of persecutions against them, like e.g. Norwegianization, because of their culture or ethnicity. Nothing like what we've seen on the continent, sure, but even our mild history is enough enough to reject your premise... and the rest of the world's (even very recent) history stands testament to nothing so much as your incredible lack of perspective.
    I'm sure the Scott's have enjoyed their special "white privilege" too historically. Here in old Europe it's simply called Privilege.

I use the word everytime I order niggerballs (chocolateballs).

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I use the word everytime I order niggerballs (chocolateballs).
    "Kokosboll/chokladboll" is too difficult to say am i right.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel that this isn't true, never heard of it and I live in Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    White privilege (in the theory of whiteness) describes the societal privileges that benefit people identified as white in Western countries beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people under the same social, political, or economic circumstances. Therefore white privilege does translate to countries like Sweden so long as there's a downtrodden and disenfranchised minority which is why police action was taken in this case.

You're right America was built on the back of slaves but that's besides the point... If anything white people in countries like Sweden benefit from white privilege to a greater extent compared to white people in more diverse (but still majority white) countries like America.

I'm not even going to entertain your " lots of white people are poor and mistreated" rhetoric because it's an obvious red herring.

Such concept only makes sense in a heavily mixed country such as America, in Europe there is no "white privilege" because the countries are white, ethnically, historically and culturally, they are the norm. "privilege" only exists in the rich and political classes, no where else.

If you have anything, you have underprivileged groups, which is an entirely different thing and affects a lot of white ethnic groups. Ask if the Polish, or the Irish, or the Welsh, for example have that much "privilege" in the UK. Or many other white groups in many other white countries.

By classing it all as "white privilege" its horribly reductionist and honestly insulting to many white disfranchised groups. And this is one of the leading causes of the current rise of right wing in Europe, its easy to blame "racism", but the truth is people are seeing many of the big problems the general population faces neglected, ignored and dismissed in favor of some new minorities, who are over protected. Its a natural result of this mentality.

And red herring? please, you cannot talk about poverty unless you include all the poor. To talk about "white privilege" while ignoring that there are more whites in poverty than there are minorities in absolute numbers, is honestly dishonest.

Every black person in Sweland has been picking cotton their entire life, leave them alone... white people need to stop oppressing other races and bow down to inferiority.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Old habbits are hard to break, no one ever cares anyways and I've heard the people working there say it to lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I feel that this isn't true, never heard of it and I live in Sweden.
    Aftonbladet and Experssen provide you with a nice quality selection of approved news for you to enjoy. Be a good citizen and don't ask any questions or seek other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Old habbits are hard to break, no one ever cares anyways and I've heard the people working there say it to lol.
    B-b-but PC?

Last edited by hellinter201; 2016-03-30 at 12:29 PM.

Well, it seems these people are basically using problematic wording. Which even if their government afforded them free speech would not protect them (assuming it works similar to the US) from yelling fire in a public space or inciting violence, public discord, etc.

Probably a bit too much of a response by the police. These people are just assholes after all. There really isn't much to it.

B-b-but PC?
    I do say Kokosboll and the other words for it to, I like to mix it up

Its not about being difficult to say, its a point of principle.
    You cannot have discourse about "not all muslims" because a minority (in absolute numbers is not that minor) is extremist, and then start banning words left and right because of what minorities (in both absolute and % numbers) use them as spiteful.
    Consistency is important, and to stop using words or names for harmless things that have been used for generations because some person might be offended is honestly idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Aftonbladet and Experssen provide you with a nice quality selection of approved news for you to enjoy. Be a good citizen and don't ask any questions or seek other sources.
    Do you ask questions of Fria tider and Avpixlat? I doubt it. You know, there's a middle ground, It's not Aftonbladet/Expressen vs Avpixlat/Fria tider.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Its not about being difficult to say, its a point of principle.
    You cannot have discourse about "not all muslims" because a minority (in absolute numbers is not that minor) is extremist, and then start banning words left and right because of what minorities (in both absolute and % numbers) use them as spiteful.
    Consistency is important, and to stop using words or names for harmless things that have been used for generations because some person might be offended is honestly idiotic.
    Yes, keep riding that chocolateball principle, it sure makes you look less idiotic than those you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it seems these people are basically using problematic wording. Which even if their government afforded them free speech would not protect them (assuming it works similar to the US) from yelling fire in a public space or inciting violence, public discord, etc.

Probably a bit too much of a response by the police. These people are just assholes after all. There really isn't much to it.
    Being an asshole isn't a crime however. I'd much rather them to spend their time chasing the new increased number of murderers, rapists, thieves, and such than waste time on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, keep riding that chocolateball principle, it sure makes you look less idiotic than those you mentioned.
    Oooh personal attacks, lovely. What if instead you present an actual argument?

Being an asshole isn't a crime however.
    That's what I just summed up in the post you quoted.

Oooh personal attacks, lovely. What if instead you present an actual argument?
    Personal attack? Geezh arent you soft.

Deleted
    The regressive left persecuting people who think outside the communist hivemind? Shocker.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-03-30 at 12:39 PM.