Page 66 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandorox View Post
    He needed to bulk up in order to move around in that heavy suit.
    You don't bulk up with one or a couple of workout sessions. I just chalked that scene up to Batman blowing off steam pretty much.

Anyway, the movie was pretty bad in my opinion. The script is the most lacking part of it, it was a mess to follow. There was also the issue with non-sensical editing. The great example being the failed kryptonite theft and then having Bat steal it just a couple of scenes later completely off-screen. That choice is absolutely baffling to me, the only thing the kryptonite theft scene accomplished was Supe ending up threatening batman, which could have easily been done in another way while at the same time giving us the satisfaction of Batman breaking into Luxcorp and doing cool ninja stuff.

The BvS fight was really cool, I didn't actually have much of a problem with how it ended. I was more miffed that they chose to go with kryptonite instead of having batman build an ultrapowered suit which allowed him to compete on even terms. Superman is so goddamn overpowered that it becomes so uninteresting. The power scales in the Avengers is off by a huge margin but in Justice league it's pretty absurd really. I also didn't like how useless Batman was in the end fight, he fired one canister of kryptonite dust and that was all he contributed. Most important of all I was bored throughout so many segments of the movie, which nitpicking aside is the deciding factor for me. The Batman stuff was awesome and I'd really like to see a competently made stand-alone with Affleck's Batman because I honestly think he did the best job yet in depicting Batman on screen, it was just the problem of him being in a mess of a story.

I think I will see the rumored R-rated directors cut out of curiosity but I won't see the regular one again.

Deleted
    People that liked Man of Steel will generally like BvS too it seems.

Man of Steel also got a lot of flack from the same outdated movie reviewers that seem to be stuck in the last century and/or only like arthouse movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Should hit $700M in 3 weeks assuming a 64% drop next week and another 60% the following week (that's ballpark what Man of Steel did). So making 800 million shouldn't be hard. If it does, though, that vaulted $1.5B may be questionable.

Can anyone explain this one plot point to me?

Why did Lex blow up the Senate hearing? Afterwards, the news was immediately reporting the Wayne Financial employee was the one with the bomb, so no framing Superman there. Was that supposed to be what Lex wanted? As it stands, it just seems like the Senator told him no, so he threw a temper tantrum and blew up the Senate hearing. Was it supposed to show he's psychotic? It's obvious he didn't care about the import license since he was already smuggling it into the country by that point. Just seems like he was being a petulant brat because he was told no.

I also think Batman would have just put together contingency plans to deal with Superman "just in case" but then Superman had to go and mess up his sweet car and so Bruce was like "Well, I can't just sue him for repairs so I'm TAKING HIM DOWN." I think that's the real, deeper, truth.
    The way I see it he did it to prove a point, that even when superman is there he is no god, he can't save them. He was there and still people died because he was clueless. Mixed in with a bit of insanity and what you said about the senator lady, revenge for that permit scene.
    Similar thing with the terrorist guys scene... it wasn't a framing to make ppl think superman shot some people, it was to show that Superman puts personal matters ahead of the well being of others, by having him show up to save Lois while the 'government'(lex's mercenaries) were killing villagers nearby.

Deleted
    Angryjoes review and spoiler discussion is in my opinion one of the bests and most trustworthy and i agree with him in almost everything.

i remember going to the star wars thread to ask a question and though i was quickly scrolling down to the quick reply, i cauught an all caps spoiler one line from angry fan that ruined the whole movie for me, vowed to never go to a topic before watching said film in question.

Batman v Superman was AWESOME..reading the froums would have etotally spoilt it, what happens in the end is hte most defining moment, I am only left wondering if i would have loved Episode 7 if it wasn't for the spoiler.

B v S looked like the Men to the boys of Marvel's Avengers, it was very nicely balnaced, really badass, and you're like ... WOW, it did not disappoint. Superman is so dififcult to write well, and capture properly, but they did a great job here.

Glad Carvill returns.

So theoy killed superman - but I don't really get why he gets to come back if that is what the earth rising above the coffin signifies when neither Zod nor Zod 2.0 get to come back - unless the writers are trying to tell us that even for a Kryptonian Superman is unique, and tha'ts not just to do with his golden heart and ironclad Jesus-like righteousness, but something more.

ANd if he is dead, I totally understand, he does make the others kinda look ... small..but I gotta say, Wonder woman in action was kinda awesome too, seeing how she could actually affect Zod 2.0 even sever his arm, restrain him with her whip, block his blast and actually her punches able to hurt

was nice how they pulled her togehter too, leaving you aching for her movie.

If Superman does return - I think it would be a sotry in a new Superman movie. But DC Comics despite a superior dispaly over marvel, and I am team Marvel btw if I had to pick, are terrible with continuities, there is so much jumping, all the superman movies and batman movies just re-incarnations, even the series also hold no co-consistencies, which is a shame

They should have used the young Bruce Wayne from Gotham TV Series and that whole set up for those shots, I mean why not, that kid woudl have done a great job, and it would have shown us something too.

I don't like the dis-continuities. Besides DC comic heroes Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman are all well up there the only marvel hero in that league is Spiderman and possilbly Hulk. No ironman is not in that league, neither is Thor nor Hawkeye or Black widow even though Thor is on Superman like level in terms of power and ability == and what's this with making Thor a woman - is that just going to be comics? or is that going to spill over to the films? I hope it just stays in one of their comic brands.

Marvel are going to need to bring Spiderman in, he's their biggest hero - as the King of the heroes is always fought between Superman, Spiderman and Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    Angryjoes review and spoiler discussion is in my opinion one of the bests and most trustworthy and i agree with him in almost everything.
    Yeh I use his reviews for a lot of stuff. To be fair he's so far not been wrong with my own opinion on a lot of things. A few things I disagree on but thats fine.

Justice league heroes have more oomph than avengers, they have more longer lasting screen time and exposure. Exception ofc in Avengers is Spiderman and Hulk.

Batman and Superman have been around for younks in so many incarnations/timelines, as has The Flash. Wonder Woman too and her 60ss series remember? my nana use to watch that and Hulk all the time - big fan Green Lantern had movies going too.. hasn't he had 2 already?

it makes the Justice League feel like the elite super hero strike team, and Avengers the juniors - as even spiderman is not in the avengers, the biggest super star there is Hulk ..and yes Iron Man and THor have had a lot of recent exposure in our lifetime, but they were hardly heard off in my nan's time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yes, it was a better movie in every single way, ultron got alot more done than loki ever did and was just as charismatic and childish, the chemistry between the cast was better and flowed better, everyone was at their peak and knew what they were doing.

avengers was a nervous mess that didnt flow well, the cast got little to no character development because they had to spend so much time explaining and giving reasons why they were in the same room.

if you take loki out of avengers it becomes a really shitty movie. loki was a shortcut, thats why marvel told whedon he HAD to use loki, because they knew how hard it is to do a teamup movie for the first time. could you imagine how shitty avengers wouldve been if they ALSO had to juggle a villain intro as well as the team formation? loki and cap carries the movie.

but avengers is a lighter, hip hip hoorah popcorn flick and its the culmination and really first of its kind in cinema so its got nostalgia backing it, there will never be another avengers, atleast not for a very very long time.
    agreed, like I said in my review at the end of page 67 of this thread, it makes Avengers look like kids play - this is how the men do it boys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Stopped at 51 seconds in because it was loaded with bs. First off all I mean sure he's talking about the cinematic universe being ripped off and then claiming that "DC can't write anything original", but in the actual comic book world Marvel ripped most of their characters off a DC counterpart. Much less his starting rant about it being 12 movies claiming the Batman origin which is barely touched on to give people who somehow have lived in a cave a glimpse, but it was so brief you can't say it was the origin story at all.
    is the guy angry cos superman dies?

Deleted
    List of things that were stupid or disappointing in this movie (atleast some of them)

- Lex Luthor. Why was he presented as this maniac with daddy and god issues. He did not feel smartest man of the world.
    - Lex Luthor getting inside ship with Zods skin. Kryptonian super advanced tech still uses fingerprints and why didn't he just use Zods arm.
    - Ship asks if Lex wanna know everything about universum.
    - Ship can create terrible monster by putting dead body with some fresh blood in pool of goo
    - Lex creates Doomsday. And how was he thinking to control it?
    - Doomsday looks like troll from Lotr.
    - Doomsday evolution explosions. In my opinion they were too big and destructive
    - Lois Lane is there just so Superman can save her and "love" story. Sorry, but their love story needed much more build up than this movie and MoS
    - Lois throws spear to water. Why would you throw that spear there.
    - Batman training montage. No freaking point.
    - Batman makes spear from rare kryptonite and then just leaves it in fight scene. Exactly what one of the smartest man in the world would do.
    - Bad guys were ordered to kill Martha if someone tries to save her, but they just wait for someone to come.
    - Why didn't superman save her mom. He said that he needs Batmans help, but why didn't he just focus to her and go save her. Oh yeah. Because then we would miss B v S fight.
    - Batman becoming best buddies with Superman, because their mother have same name
    - Batman shoots tracking device to truck with kryptonite and then tries to steal it right away.
    - Batman can escape laser beams with grapple gun
    - Lex corp designs logos for metahumans for top secret files.
    - Aquaman scene. Holy hell it was bad.
    - All cameo roles shown in EMAIL???
    - Why didn't they explain why batman is killing people. Just a little conversation with someone where he explains hes past and why he is doing it.
    - Build up for B v S fight was pretty lame and how the fuck did lex and batman plan that fight for same night, without communication. Seriously this was like the stupidest thing in whole movie. Kidnapping mom, Louis, batman showing up same night and right time.
    - Superman is angry to Batman because he is vigilante? Pleaseeeee. Why didn't you use the fact that batman murders people or something like that
    - All the cuttings in this movie are bad. It felt like someone is chancing channels in TV.
    - Batman fight scene in desert was horrible. Or well acting was. bad guys were just waiting for batman to come and kick them in the ass.
    - Why didn't Superman just throw that spear to Doomsday?
    - How didn't Batman hear that bomb in hes hearing?
    - Superman said he didn't kill anyone in Africa, but he flies one terrorist through walls. Pretty sure he is dead
    - Daily planet doesn't want news about Batman? Why wouldn't they want?
    - Clark is suppose to be doing news about sports, but he is sent to Lex Luthors party.
    - Killing Superman so early and then hinting him already to come back alive.

And because i don't wanna be douche here is some good things

- Batman was freaking awesome. I don't really have problem of him killing people, but atleast explain it in the movie
    - Wonder Woman was looking awesome and her fight scene was super nice. She felt freaking bad ass
    - CGI was good
    - Fight scene were super good if you don't count that dream with Darkseid minions.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Yeh I use his reviews for a lot of stuff. To be fair he's so far not been wrong with my own opinion on a lot of things. A few things I disagree on but thats fine.
    Yeah same here. It is normal to disagree with some things, because we have our own opinions. But for some fans of this movie, it is hard to understand that we might actually feel same as critics

don't over think comic book movies, just enjoy them.

I find when i start picking too much they become a lot less fun. So I take em with a pinch of salt and just enjoy their fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tems View Post
    Watched the movie, going to watch again in Imax, tbh I really enjoyed it and I loved Affleck. Sure I had a problem with Doomsday, but I found those vision scenes outstanding!
    They made parademons terrifying..just that glimpse...and then the Flash!
    I need another movie to see what's going on!

Dude seriously. That would made sense if he was actually in bad shape, but he wasn't. He was already huge as freaking gorilla. You need to be smarter than superman and that's how you beat him. Not by training to get more endurance and muscles.
    Look be honest. You don't know what you're talking about.
    Being fit isn't something you do casually. Or do you imagine that being in shape simply means working out once a month? Try "almost every day."
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Now that shit with Louis throwing the spear into the water was absolutley ridiculous.
    Totally agree. Of the few problems I had with the movie, the spear thing was the biggest. We see how intelligent Bats is...but then does this stupid...

somehow, i feel should have been 2 part 1h50 min movie 1 setting up explaining , second boom boom and set up next movies

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Plenty of holes in the movie. I think its worth noting that its awesome the movie can stand up on all the amazing acting and action despite having a flaky story.

I actually think the scene you're referring to makes sense. Superman was trying to get Batman to help him at the beginning of their fight but Batman wasn't in a mood to reason at the point (makes sense considering his last confrontation with Superman). Batman had abandoned all reason towards the end of fight, he was just a badass vindictive raging beast who was pretty much torturing Superman at that point. When Superman pleaded for Batman to help his mom as Batman was beating the shit out of him, Batman realized that Superman didn't come there to fight and that their beef was largely due to a misunderstanding. That the only reason Superman showed up in the first place because Superman felt he had no other options. It was in that moment that Batman was "damn, he really was looking for help and here I am beating the shit out of him while he mom is dying".

Now that shit with Louis throwing the spear into the water was absolutley ridiculous. Batman would've have just abandoned that spear, even in that situation. Lets say he didn't forget about the spear though and Louis drops it into the water to hide it from Batman when he returns, how in the hell did she know that she needed the spear again like 5 min later? What was the purpose behind all of that anyway when, you know her not being able to retrieve it and Superman grabbing it himself. They could have accomplished the same thing (the only thing that actually matured was showing that just holding the spear weakened Superman) by leaving the spear exactly where Batman left it and Superman retrieving it from there. I actually heard people groan at during the water sequence.
    I don't know why people don't get that, it's pretty striaght forward... not only that, it is at that moment (after your paragraph 1) that Batman realizes that he's got superman all wrong. How could he miss it? Well Lex reveals that he's been working on Batman, possibly birthing then nurturing a hatred for him. Lex is just mischiviouslyu making the most of the carnage that happens.

Another thing I find interesting about the movie is how the focus is not on the Big Avengers invasion like event that that Avengers first movie fought, but kind like what happens after, and how a bigger story is unfolding , with seemingly very small but very significant beginnings, - and one that ends in the death of superman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They made parademons terrifying..just that glimpse...and then the Flash!
    I need another movie to see what's going on!

Look be honest. You don't know what you're talking about.
    Being fit isn't something you do casually. Or do you imagine that being in shape simply means working out once a month? Try "almost every day."
    Totally agree. Of the few problems I had with the movie, the spear thing was the biggest. We see how intelligent Bats is...but then does this stupid...
    Look to be honest. You don't know what you're talking about.

Ofc he needs to keep up those muscles with training, but when you put that training part in same scene where Alfred and batman are making and preparing gear for the fight against superman it turns out stupid. It feels like he is training for that particular fight. Now if that training scene was way before that, cutting it out from that preparation scene it would be much better.

Oh true. I forgot that! That was so freaking stupid. It would been so much better with Batman helping Alfred to build that suit, spear or planning how to actually beat superman. Or maybe just leave it out. This movie was so filled with stuff that it actually felt that there was nothing.

And don't forget that bad guys were ordered to kill Martha if someone tried to rescue her. Well they did not. So why didn't superman fly to her and save her, instead of fightning batman. So freaking bad plotholes
    no, it wasn't stupid, it gives you a human measurement for the capacity of batman. What comes to mind is exactly how powerful a body builder would be if all that muscle was used as a real weapon of force rather than looking all super ripped.

It shows you that for a human Batman is freaking strong and pushed to the limit. And it makes sense too, he knows he is going to weaken superman, he's not sure to what degree the substance would operate, he needs to be at his utmost best.

I'm sorry, i don't see what's stupid about it.

Are people just mad at the movie because Superman dies?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    "I'm gonna get myself in the best shape of my life...then I'm going to put on an armoured powersuit so that absolutely none of it matters!"
    Suit or not, you need to be in shape. Im assuming it's heavy. You wear a bunch of extra weight without working out and tell me how that works out for you.

There were sooooo many issues with this movie, and I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't here's some of the things I had issue with.

- Lack of focus detracts a lot from the overall quality of the film as it's jumping around more than the camera from Cloverfield.
    - More dream sequences than Nightmare on Elm Street, which is a movie about dream sequences.
    - No real narrative reasoning for what's going on in many scenes for the general public (which is all of the dream sequences more or less). Specially in the two follow up dream sequences when it shows what I guess is a form of Injustice:Gods Among Us future with the Parademons attacking Earth, and then The Flash trying to communicate with Bruce to tell him not to let Lois die
    - The Communion clip should of 100% been in the theatrical release of the movie as it better explains Lex's behaviour at the end of the movie to everyone, even those without knowledge of Superman would be able to assume that the Big alien I believe it's Steppenwolf, one of Darkseid's elite is some greater evil and a looming threat to come.
    - Lois Lane didn't seem to have any narrative reasoning for being in this movie outside of reminding people that she and Supes are a couple and to be saved by Supes.
    - We all know Superman isn't dead, there was no reason for that ending to be spread out over the remaining what felt like 10-15 minutes, as it serves no real purpose in the film. If he was, there'd be nowhere for the movie to go cause all it requires is Brainiac, Darkseid or any other of the higher up Villans in the DC universe to come in and boom that's it for the movie series
    - the movie felt very imbalanced in terms of a story arc, it spent the first what felt like hour 40 or 50 minutes with just really badly put together story, 5 minutes for good ol' Grandma's Peach Tea, the only thing that actually made me smile in this movie another 10 for the Batman training montage, then we have the last 30 or so for the end. It just left me feeling like we had the beginning skipped the middle and some of the end and then wrapped the movie up.
    - Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Jr., this has already been covered by many posters already, but he just felt odd in the movie. Ended up coming off more like a Heath Ledger Joker wannabe than any Lex I know which just made for a jarring experience every time he was on the screen (which was a decent amount)
    - The whole end of the second Batman and Superman fight could've been written sooo much better, instead of what it was which came off extremely idiotic "Oh your mom's name is Martha, MINE TOO! We can't fight anymore, we are best of friends now."

Now for some good things:
    - Ben Affleck's Batman, even if you hate the man, he did a damn good job at being Bats, least in my opinion, much better than Christian "I Need a Lozenge" Bale.
    - Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. Though she got a pitiful amount of screen time, the times where she was on the screen she seemed to have to pretty good hold of the character and I thought she portrayed her well.
    - Cavill's Superman was at best good, at worst, mediocre. I feel like it's hard to properly portray someone like Superman just due to who he is, outside of a animated format that is. Though could really lay off the whole savior complex that they have been trying to push onto him, Supes has never encouraged or accepted(least to what I remember) worship of him.

Overall i'd say the movie was at best 5.5/10, if it had the Communion clip in the movie itself, would've been a 6/10 cause at least with that, SOMETHING was explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    Batman and Superman are my favorite superheroes, and I was very excited about the movie when I saw the first trailer. But I guess the trailer was more exciting than the movie itself. I was disappointed, like most of you. I like Jesse Eisenberg as an actor usually, but as Lex Luthor it was a poor choice the way he was played. The Lex Luthor from the Smallville TV Show, although he was a younger version, was more classic, elegant and still genius. That piece of garbage "à la Joker" looked more like a rat (Minus & Cortex comes in mind) then an "evil" mastermind. What he did overall as actions in the movie was ok, but the way the character was played just sucked. His kind of madness while in jail at the end just brutally concluded how bad this character "design" was.

And Doomsday.... the Ultimate killing machine, worthy of a whole movie for himself. Lasted for what... 20-30min in the movie...? The way he was created doesn't make any sense, lore-wise. His real story is way deeper and cruel then portrayed in the movie. Has if the story had to be understood by 4 years old kids. "Big monster created...." feels like Frankenstein, but instead its Doomsday.... and they use Extraterrestrial technology instead of wire/lightning and mad science. C'mon....

It just feels like the script was rushed. Just scenes all mixed together, but nothing to tie them well together. (example:most of the Harry Potter movies). 10 words to resume the movie: Explosions, hatred, monster, more explosion, team spirit, joy, sadness, hope. To compare, The Avengers movies were not that great (IMO), but the humor and seeing so many superheroes at the same time, all bad-ass in their ways, gave me a better experience than SvB, that was fairly disappointing to say the least.

5/10 overall.

Ben Affleck made a descent Batman, although I find him better as Bruce Wayne than as Batman (it felt as in some scene, with the costume, he was too beefed up at time, it didn't feel real). The actress for Wonder Wonder was a poor choice IMO. The actress is pretty and all, but doesnt feel like an Amazon Queen at all. Too short, not muscular enough, where's the breasts? (yeah... seriously!). I know they didnt wanted to have a "stereotype pornstar looking actress", in order to be a role-model for girls, I get that. But she's supposed to be a 6 foot beauty that kicks asses. (Google Gina Carano, one of the best example around. Or a smaller version as Jessical Biel (in the same shape as in the Blade 3 movie)). But oh well... her fighting scenes were pretty good, I can live with it.
    Henry Cavill as Superman was probably the best cast possible from the start IMO. I don't see who else could embodies the character as he does at the moment.
    okay, for someone who doesn't know ANYTHING about doomsday, I ddin't even realize that the monster had a name and that he was a well known figure in the comic book universe, in that respect I'm coming at this as a near noob, which would be the mass majority of people who will watch this, - they'll have no idea about the background.

They won't be able to tell that Doomsday has a much deeper and interesting story, nor feel disappointed that the movie didn't give him more airtime, but if they're like me, they'd love it and enjoy it. I'm not sure what you mean by "wires and madscience" doomsday is made by alien kryptonian tech, Lex is the reason behind it, bue he doesn't engineer the creature, it's the ship that does, using its alien tech -- Lex is merely a clever thief in this respect, using Zod's finger tips to gain access - which while surpsringly that its that simple, is believable.

I've also being hearing some arguments on page 66/67 about Wonder Woman - I didn't find anything wrong with her, they change actresses all the time, I don't feel she has to be muscular, and I don't she fill that she can't be muscular. The actress is gorgeous, not typically anglo-saxon, but that's fine, her scene isn't introductory it is supplementary and hints at a movie all of her own, and an interesting way to introduce her, she comes off as badass, and now you really look forward to having her story explained.

Furthermore. There could be much more to the Doomsday creature in upcoming movies, I was commenting earlier in my first post at the end of page 67 that if Superman gets to return, why not Zod 2 (that's what I was calling doomsday)? And if superman lives after that, it is quite possible that Zod 2 will also regenerate and there will be more to it, furthermore, even if that's not the case, another movie could really show more of what was happening then, This movie's focus was more the interplay and meeting of the heroes that will form the justice league, and serves that purpose well, I think doomsdays outing was proportionate with that goal in mind.

Think of it this way. If another movie comes out, say a superman or justice league, it's quite possible that we may see more into the whole Doomsday, either as a flashback or building up to another threat that revolves around Zod's metamorphosis or as part of his return. There are so many angles they can go with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosinciter View Post
    There were sooooo many issues with this movie, and I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't here's some of the things I had issue with.

- Lack of focus detracts a lot from the overall quality of the film as it's jumping around more than the camera from Cloverfield.
    - More dream sequences than Nightmare on Elm Street, which is a movie about dream sequences.
    - No real narrative reasoning for what's going on in many scenes for the general public (which is all of the dream sequences more or less). Specially in the two follow up dream sequences when it shows what I guess is a form of Injustice:Gods Among Us future with the Parademons attacking Earth, and then The Flash trying to communicate with Bruce to tell him not to let Lois die
    - The Communion clip should of 100% been in the theatrical release of the movie as it better explains Lex's behaviour at the end of the movie to everyone, even those without knowledge of Superman would be able to assume that the Big alien I believe it's Steppenwolf, one of Darkseid's elite is some greater evil and a looming threat to come.
    - Lois Lane didn't seem to have any narrative reasoning for being in this movie outside of reminding people that she and Supes are a couple and to be saved by Supes.
    - We all know Superman isn't dead, there was no reason for that ending to be spread out over the remaining what felt like 10-15 minutes, as it serves no real purpose in the film. If he was, there'd be nowhere for the movie to go cause all it requires is Brainiac, Darkseid or any other of the higher up Villans in the DC universe to come in and boom that's it for the movie series
    - the movie felt very imbalanced in terms of a story arc, it spent the first what felt like hour 40 or 50 minutes with just really badly put together story, 5 minutes for good ol' Grandma's Peach Tea, the only thing that actually made me smile in this movie another 10 for the Batman training montage, then we have the last 30 or so for the end. It just left me feeling like we had the beginning skipped the middle and some of the end and then wrapped the movie up.
    - Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Jr., this has already been covered by many posters already, but he just felt odd in the movie. Ended up coming off more like a Heath Ledger Joker wannabe than any Lex I know which just made for a jarring experience every time he was on the screen (which was a decent amount)
    - The whole end of the second Batman and Superman fight could've been written sooo much better, instead of what it was which came off extremely idiotic "Oh your mom's name is Martha, MINE TOO! We can't fight anymore, we are best of friends now."

Now for some good things:
    - Ben Affleck's Batman, even if you hate the man, he did a damn good job at being Bats, least in my opinion, much better than Christian "I Need a Lozenge" Bale.
    - Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. Though she got a pitiful amount of screen time, the times where she was on the screen she seemed to have to pretty good hold of the character and I thought she portrayed her well.
    - Cavill's Superman was at best good, at worst, mediocre. I feel like it's hard to properly portray someone like Superman just due to who he is, outside of a animated format that is. Though could really lay off the whole savior complex that they have been trying to push onto him, Supes has never encouraged or accepted(least to what I remember) worship of him.

Overall i'd say the movie was at best 5.5/10, if it had the Communion clip in the movie itself, would've been a 6/10 cause at least with that, SOMETHING was explained.
    so many points I disagree with here, but lets just say, no we all don't know superman isn't dead, but it looks quite convincing that he is, probably one of the most convincing death scenes, I dont follow DC comics avidly or even know the future line up, I'm okay with superman being alive or dead, though I doubt they'd kill of their biggest star

saying that i do love the saviour complex argumentes the public has concerning him, and the statement in the movie that it's people projecting on him and he's just a man trying to do what's right - i felt that was really touching and to the point, they took in snapshots topics of conversation people would have over it.. they go through a good sample of veiwpoints and end up with the truth as one them. Reminds me of real life, people hold so many views, there views are true or real for them, but they aren't necessarily the truth, one of them is the truth, and rather than stubbornly stick to your version , your head canon or idea, you owe it to yourself to find out what the real truth of the matter is.#
    It seems that when guys are disagreemenet they need a punch up first to be able to speak clearly...i think that vents some of the emotional overload, if they don't end up lilling htemsleves, some can reach clarity before it is too late.

I think batman does so when he has superman by the throat, and he chooses rightly

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    okay, for someone who doesn't know ANYTHING about doomsday, I ddin't even realize that the monster had a name and that he was a well known figure in the comic book universe, in that respect I'm coming at this as a near noob, which would be the mass majority of people who will watch this, - they'll have no idea about the background.
    Doomsday is a pretty universally known character, a mainstream non-comic fan would know who he is.
    Also, the way they set up Doomsday in this movie, his original backstory and what makes him so intense literally can't exist. I haven't seen the movie thank god, but does he even have his main power(unable to be beaten by the same thing twice)?

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Doomsday is a pretty universally known character, a mainstream non-comic fan would know who he is.
    Also, the way they set up Doomsday in this movie, his original backstory and what makes him so intense literally can't exist. I haven't seen the movie thank god, but does he even have his main power(unable to be beaten by the same thing twice)?
    you say so, but as a mainstrem slight comic fan, I had no idea. And I haven't been living under a rock. Sure I'm young and I'm new to this whole thing relatively, but I have been watching many of the comic hero cartoons, series and movies recently and I still had no idea. Trust me, many wouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He develops resistances to attacks, it's not necessarily instantaneous though and since they would have only beaten him once in the film... How would anyone know? His main power is his regenerative ability. You can reduce the guy to a skeleton and he grows back.
    ah ha.. which is why I think my hunch he'll be back and makes all the moaning about him not having enough screen time by that guy I quoted in an earlier response a bit too premature.

I even suspect that by skewering superman, in the presence of the krypton having its effect, would have caused some sort of fusion of dna with superman or at least the regenerating dna of his fragments in Clarke's body would have galvanised superman's own cells to regenerate somehow..which is how they both come back

if they go with the comeback theory, which I suspect they would. I suspect we get the alien invasion crazy lex prophecies about at the end for the next movie, and they grab hold of doomsday who ends up being the final boss of the next movie too, probably another short appearance, which they then also get rid off, but we show doomsday still not gone, and the 3rd movie will probably have Doomsday as the main villain and also bring about his final end.

Building a long time villain and focusing on one super villain rather than doing Avengers movie style and dealing with completley different threats each movie.

That's my hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorox View Post
    He needed to bulk up in order to move around in that heavy suit.
    It's a power suit. He shouldn't need to bulk up to move in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Suit or not, you need to be in shape. Im assuming it's heavy. You wear a bunch of extra weight without working out and tell me how that works out for you.
    That would be fine...if the suit wasn't powered. The whole point of a power suit is that it handles the weight...

Tony Stark seems to do all right.