Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Let's wrap this up. Who cares if they deviate from the games/lore? Many movies have done this and have done so successfully. Don't like it? Don't watch it.

/Thread

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I guess all comic book movies are garbage too, right? Nobody likes those because they always suck?

I won't go into the long, long list of critically and financially successful book adaptations.

- - - Updated - - -

But it's a step up, to me, from the heat of battle to outside of battle planning and preparing for the slaughter of an entire people. And Orgrim did just that by pressing the onward march of conquest while free of the blood's taint. I find it odd everyone ignores this. Orgrim was NOT the noble hero he's often viewed as. He's pretty messed up.
    no man. thats the hting that books are awesome. comics, novels. but the movies that are made always suck

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    no man. thats the hting that books are awesome. comics, novels. but the movies that are made always suck
    But you're saying:
    Burton's Batman
    Iron Man
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Sam Raimi's Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2
    Lord of the Rings trilogy
    IT
    Kubrick's The Shining
    Harry Potter

And more all suck. But they're good films in their own right. Opinions can disagree on whether they're as good as the books, but on their own, they're still good films.

Compare the Marvel movies of today to the Punisher, Dr. Strange, Nick Fury, Spider-Man, and Captain America films of the 70s-90s and comic book movies have come a long way.

Compare some modern book adaptations to those from the past and they've come a long way.

Video games just need that spark, that one video game IP to be done right and bring them up to the same level of quality that comic book movies have been brought to instead of Resident Evil, Doom, Mortal Kombat, or Street Fighter films.

Personally, I think Ratchet & Clank is going to be a great adaptation. I think Fassbender has a chance of having a successful film with Assassin's Creed (assuming Rogue One doesn't steal all its thunder). I'm not sure about Warcraft breaking the barrier, but we definitely have to, despite my own grumblings, let it stand as its own story, it's own alternate reality of the Warcraft world.

I've also thought Uncharted would be a no brainer to bring a video game to a big screen success, but they've dragged their feet on that.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-03-30 at 06:04 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Faroth;39541453]But you're saying:
    Burton's Batman
    Iron Man
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Sam Raimi's Spider

only like few of these... and they are marvel. ironman. batman are good. lotr was fine.

but doom. prince of persia. max payne. and milion others that suck like shit and just cant be worse no matter what year they are out.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I fear the movie is going to be all about the power of friendship and how orcs and humans can solve their problem if they're together and all that kumbaya crap. I hope I'm wrong and I'll still watch the movie, but I'm lowering my expectations.

Or maybe I'm just too jaded after Batman V Superman...
    What a shit show that was..... I knew it was going to be bad going in, I didn't know it was going to be borderline unwatchable. At least Eisenberg did a great job.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

This thread kinda makes me laugh. Can you imagine if they had tried to actually make a movie of the actual books? They would have been ripped to peices if they got even the smallest detail wrong. And can you imagine the challenge of trying to fit even 1 of the books in to a 2 hour story for complete outsiders? Good luck with that! At least this way you can watch it with the mindset that its "based" on the Warcraft lore and just try to enjoy it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanika View Post
    This thread kinda makes me laugh. Can you imagine if they had tried to actually make a movie of the actual books? They would have been ripped to peices if they got even the smallest detail wrong. And can you imagine the challenge of trying to fit even 1 of the books in to a 2 hour story for complete outsiders? Good luck with that! At least this way you can watch it with the mindset that its "based" on the Warcraft lore and just try to enjoy it for what it is.
    And the issue of people who didn't read the books but played the original games complaining, and the chronicle possibly retconning things 3 months down the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    But you're saying:
    only like few of these... and they are marvel. ironman. batman are good. lotr was fine.

but doom. prince of persia. max payne. and milion others that suck like shit and just cant be worse no matter what year they are out.
    But that's what I'm telling you.

The Spider-Man movies, Dr. Strange, Nick Fury, Captain America, The Punisher... these are comic book movies from the 80s and 90s that were bad. Really bad.

Just like Doom, Max Payne, Resident Evil.

All it takes is one movie to get it right, to show that you have to take it serious and honor the source material, and game properties can have their cinema renaissance just like comic books had.

Isn't Garona boning Lothar in the movie instead of Medivh?

Sure sounds like it