Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    That aint creepy

THIS IS CREEPY

http://2014hoaxblog.s3.amazonaws.com...thering_fb.jpg

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!
    Is that really passing for NSFW nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Ask her out to a movie date.
    There's no better way to know someone than to spend 2 hours in silence watching a movie. Good luck!
    Lol. In case the sarcasm wasn't spread thickly enough: please don't. Even if both of you love movies, you will not talk and you want to talk to her, see if you have anything in common that could actually represent points to form a relationship (friendship or dating-wise) upon but the fundamental part of that first meet is that you really just want to have a good time with someone you think you might be interested in beyond how preeeetty she is.

Also please chill out and don't get into this with the thought that you might have met the mother of your children... while not impossible, it's highly improbable and that might make her weirded out if anything. Remember that your goal is meeting someone new and having as fun a time as possible.
    Last edited by EventHorizon; 2016-03-30 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
    Is that really passing for NSFW nowadays?

Lol. In case the sarcasm wasn't spread thickly enough: please don't. Even if both of you love movies, you will not talk and you want to talk to her, see if you have anything in common that could actually represent points to form a relationship (friendship or dating-wise) upon but the fundamental part of that first meet is that you really just want to have a good time with someone you think you might be interested in beyond how preeeetty she is.
    Its a precaution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Everything is creepy unless you're hot.
    Or rich. Sad world but what can you do. We have not yet evolved into floating souls for which social aspects don't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    So, I'll be honest here: What I'm going to say will sound kinda stupid for those who are good in this kind of situation. Anyway...

I work in a college.

There is this girl that I'm liking a lot. She looks kinda timid, and she always looks at me when I'm passing by. When I look her in the eyes, she rapidly looks away, and when I look back, she's looking at me again.

She's cute. Preeeeeetty cute.

So, I'm developing an strategy to "meet" her.

I'll write "hey, you are very cute/beautiful/lovely :3, call me ! - xxxx-xxxx (my number).", and then I'll ask for someone to deliver to her (or maybe I'll deliver to her myself, I guess that's better.)

This sound stupid, I know, but hey, if you ever liked someone you kinda know how this feeling is, right?

My question is: Is this kinda scary/creepy?
    I don't want to scare her!

And yes, I know what most of you will think "just go on and say hi!", but for people like me, that's not thaaaat easy :c.

Thanks for reading. I really hope that you can lend me a hand.

See you soon, champions! :3
    You have surpassed the 30 second rule. Once she makes eye contact with you, you only have 30 seconds to respond and plant the anchor. She probably makes eye contact with you because she thinks your staring at her... and in turn you think she is staring at you. This is a very common misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    That aint creepy

THIS IS CREEPY

http://2014hoaxblog.s3.amazonaws.com...thering_fb.jpg

NOT SAFE FOR WORK!
    What's so creepy about that?

The artifact in question is likely caused by high concentrations of infrared radiation at the converging points of heat from the candles. The photographic chemicals which aren't reactive to infrared frequencies were likely saturated with the infrared radiation coming off of the candles which then interfered destructively with the incoming visible light at those points, causing the photographic chemicals to remain unreacted.

From there pareidolia takes over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    What's so creepy about that?

The artifact in question is likely caused by high concentrations of infrared radiation at the converging points of heat from the candles. The photographic chemicals which aren't reactive to infrared frequencies were likely saturated with the infrared radiation coming off of the candles which then interfered destructively with the incoming visible light at those points, causing the photographic chemicals to remain unreacted.

From there pareidolia takes over.
    Please don't ruin ghosts for me in a dating advice thread....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    So, I'll be honest here: What I'm going to say will sound kinda stupid for those who are good in this kind of situation. Anyway...

I work in a college.

There is this girl that I'm liking a lot. She looks kinda timid, and she always looks at me when I'm passing by. When I look her in the eyes, she rapidly looks away, and when I look back, she's looking at me again.

She's cute. Preeeeeetty cute.

So, I'm developing an strategy to "meet" her.

I'll write "hey, you are very cute/beautiful/lovely :3, call me ! - xxxx-xxxx (my number).", and then I'll ask for someone to deliver to her (or maybe I'll deliver to her myself, I guess that's better.)

This sound stupid, I know, but hey, if you ever liked someone you kinda know how this feeling is, right?

My question is: Is this kinda scary/creepy?
    I don't want to scare her!

And yes, I know what most of you will think "just go on and say hi!", but for people like me, that's not thaaaat easy :c.

Thanks for reading. I really hope that you can lend me a hand.

See you soon, champions! :3
    Ummmm, edging on creepy, yeah. Not super creepy, but certainly not likely to result in success.

And you should just walk up to her and talk to her. It really IS that easy. Master your fear, and just do it. You'll be far more likely to succeed that way, and worst case, you just don't end up with her, which you probably won't if you try your weird note delivered by someone else thing.

Bear in mind that if she does call you, you're going to have to go up to her and talk to her anyway. Might as well start now.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
    Please don't ruin ghosts for me in a dating advice thread....
    Sorry. I mean er... It's the disembodied spirit of a cartoonish looking fellow wearing a v-neck sweater hanging upside down from the ceiling

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry. I mean er... It's the disembodied spirit of a cartoonish looking fellow wearing a v-neck sweater hanging upside down from the ceiling
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Did they get walled in the dining room by the previous owners? *drools uncontrollably*

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    As unlikely as it may be (although we've had PGRs start at 21, and they mark work), the point still stands, perhaps moreso as they might not be aware that it can still land him in a lot of hot water even with such a small age gap.
    Well, that is true about any situation like this, I still don't think though that instantly means he'd definitely get in trouble if it's approached the right way (not being pushy, coming of as genuinely nice, etc). It does depend though on the girl's personality.

"Netflix and chill or nah?"

That's the only line you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Skip the compliment. Approach her like a normal person. By the sound of it you don't even know her, so you know, start from the beginning not from the middle.
    And yeah. Opening with the compliment is a bit odd, and like you've been watching her way too closely for too long without making a move. Just walk up and say "Hi, I'm *insert name here*, would you be up for getting a coffee or a drink with me sometime?" If she says "Sure," you respond with, "OK great, how does Saturday at 5 PM at X Coffee Shop/Bar sound?"

Done.

Sit next to her in class, then play games with her, and by games i mean tic tac toe on a piece of paper in class, write down questions and shit, she'll usually play along if it's innocuous things like fav food and color. Dont be shy yourself, but dont be an open book at the same time, gotta keep a little mystique around yourself.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Sit next to her in class, then play games with her, and by games i mean tic tac toe on a piece of paper in class, write down questions and shit, she'll usually play along if it's innocuous things like fav food and color. Dont be shy yourself, but dont be an open book at the same time, gotta keep a little mystique around yourself.
    Don't forget the origami fortune teller.

Deleted
    What about social media? If you don't want to ask her out directly right away, just ask for her email or FB or something. Then, if she agrees to adding you as that's more popular to do these days even for complete strangers, get to talking. After a couple days of talking via typing, ask her out. That way if all you get is no response which is an obvious 'no' then you don't have to deal with it face to face.

Other than outright asking her as many have suggested already, and as someone with some anxieties myself, typing is waaaay easier, and people tend to tell you more over messaging =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    And yeah. Opening with the compliment is a bit odd, and like you've been watching her way too closely for too long without making a move. Just walk up and say "Hi, I'm *insert name here*, would you be up for getting a coffee or a drink with me sometime?" If she says "Sure," you respond with, "OK great, how does Saturday at 5 PM at X Coffee Shop/Bar sound?"

Done.
    And if she says no, you say okay and go on about your day. Water off a duck's back.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Don't forget the origami fortune teller.
    Probably could, I just like to keep simple. I usually stick with the question game because it gets them talking, then if they ask you questions, there's some chemistry there, it's pretty easy to get a number from that point forward.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    And if she says no, you say okay and go on about your day. Water off a duck's back.
    Yup. Nice how after being told no a couple times, it stops bothering you so much. You just ask someone else.

Though I rarely ask people out unless I have some reason to believe they're likely to say yes, which happens often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Now this. This is creepy.
    Not really.I could have said it much differently if I wanted to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yup. Nice how after being told no a couple times, it stops bothering you so much. You just ask someone else.

Though I rarely ask people out unless I have some reason to believe they're likely to say yes, which happens often enough.
    Same for me, but I usually get shot down. Human women don't generally go for sharks
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow