Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    Your numbers don't include the increased number of South and Central Americans traveling through Mexico, does it?
    Here's the "total"

But that includes all other non-mexican which are mostly Euros who overstay their visas and enter the country through LEGAL PORTS OF ENTRY.

Half of all Mexican illegal immigrants also enter through a legal port of entry and overstay a visa. Very little in the way of border hopping occurs.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Or you could focus on actual issues - people overstaying vias and border cards - before deciding to go with the loltastic "LET'S BUILD A WALL! LET'S THROW MONEY AT A WALL THAT DOESN'T ADDRESS MOST OF IT! FUCK YEAH! AMERICA!". I'd rather an effective use of money rather than a symbol to point at and say "well see we tried but we need more money, they're still coming in!".
    So then, yes the border is pointless until it's the only way illegals can get in? Is that really what you are saying?

Check the border card part, where they note that we wave people in with one and then they just stay. Difficult, I know, reading your sources.
    OK

The Pew Hispanic Center estimates that 6–7 million immigrants came to the United States via illegal entry, accounting for probably a little over half of the total population.[21] There are an estimated half million illegal entries into the United States each year.[21][22]
    Regardless of this "is it over half, or just half, or just under half" technicality, it's not the point of this thread. The point of this thread is that the people who have the job of border patrol, say the government is responsible for allowing gangs/bad people from mexico into the country. Seems like Trumps not the only one saying it. I'm guessing you disagree with the border patrol of the situation on the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The situation is already under control and Trump's proposed wall will hurt Americans while being ineffective at preventing illegal entry.
    How does it hurt Americans?

Deleted
    Good, sure, but does this surprise anyone? No? Good.

It's not a shock (or maybe it is if you believe this administration) that the group doing border control, who is being under-manned and under-funded and then having their hands tied by the administration from successfully doing the job, would vocalize a contradictory statement to this administrations and tell the entire country from their experience, Trump is more factual of the situation on the border.
    So like most working americans they're overworked and under payed, sounds pretty much like it's working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Such as?
    10 chars
    Shooting all people crossing the border illegally of course. They'll have nothing less.
    I'm a thread killer.

The situation is already under control and Trump's proposed wall will hurt Americans while being ineffective at preventing illegal entry.
    What do you mean by under control? The border patrol is saying it's not under control. Who are you to say it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So then, yes the border is pointless until it's the only way illegals can get in? Is that really what you are saying?
    When it's not the majority and doesn't work for what it needs to do, yes, it's absolutely pointless.

Does the wall stop the tunnels that already exist? It's not stopping that.
    Does the wall stop handwaving through border cards? It's not stopping that.
    Does the wall stop sea-borne traffic? Better be a big sea-wall going around the entire US.
    Does the wall stop smuggling? Better check any truck going in or out from top to bottom, including unpacking everything, but a wall doesn't do that.

Yes, it MIGHT stop people that walk up to cross.. if it's 100% across the border. If it's manned. If it's maintained. But that's not where the PROBLEM is, so why waste money on a status symbol just for dick flexing?

10+ Year Old Account
    News at 11: Group Endorses Candidate That Gets Them More Money.
    for real, this was my first thought just from reading the title.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    for real, this was my first thought just from reading the title.
    I was mislead though.

Apparently, it's not about money and contracts, it's about how Obama doesn't let them do their job at all, and Trump will. But not about money at all. Even though they're underpaid. It's about work ethics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eminent domain will be required to seize large amounts of land from Americans and the wall itself will have to be built inside of the American border, which creates interesting situations where property owned by Americans may exist outside of the wall. This is a situation that already has occurred with lesser stretches of fence previously put up.
    I mean John Oliver summed it up extremely well, they just don't seem to want to watch it because truth hurts.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Eminent domain will be required to seize large amounts of land from Americans and the wall itself will have to be built inside of the American border, which creates interesting situations where property owned by Americans may exist outside of the wall. This is a situation that already has occurred with lesser stretches of fence previously put up.
    I'm curious how valuable you think the last 10 feet of America bordering Mexico is worth in the market. Eminent domain seizures pay market value for land.

Ya just going to leave this here....
    Smart people will watch it and idiots will well...You know.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Shooting all people crossing the border illegally of course. They'll have nothing less.
    Technically you're right. We have drug cartels hauling people acrossed the border with guns provided via our government. Where we train our patrol to hide, run, and throw rocks. If you don't believe our patrol should be armed on the border with the Mexican Cartels, maybe we should start forcing patrol duties for 1 year for every citizen.

Other things occurring are more rule based, like having rules imposed that any illegal can claim that then forces the border patrol to follow a set of protocols that clogs up their processes. It should be a simple boot their ass acrossed the border, but then they can claim humanitarian situations.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Or maybe "Group Endorses Candidate That Promises To Remove Retarded Obstacles That Keep Them From Doing Their Job Effectively"?
    Yes. because there at the canadian border, guards need even more unquestionable power..../facepalm
    are you aware americans are the biggest illegal immigrant workers in canada?
    you are the mexicans of canada.
    fuckin goobacks...right?
    Gahmuret, do you work for the border guards?
    Because those are the ONLY people who would benefit from this.
    Or are you just another mindless drone?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

When it's not the majority and doesn't work for what it needs to do, yes, it's absolutely pointless.

Does the wall stop sea-borne traffic? Better be a big sea-wall going around the entire US.
    Does the wall stop smuggling? Better check any truck going in or out from top to bottom, including unpacking everything, but a wall doesn't do that.

Yes, it MIGHT stop people that walk up to cross.. if it's 100% across the border. If it's manned. If it's maintained. But that's not where the PROBLEM is, so why waste money on a status symbol just for dick flexing?
    By that logic, we should abolish police and firemen because they are not 100% effective. Is that a fair assessment of your ideology?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    By that logic, we should abolish police and firemen because they are not 100% effective. Is that a fair assessment of your ideology?
    Nope.

I'd rather we put our focus into the actual problems - looking at people that are overstaying visa or abusing border cards. Looking at ways to stop tunnels, or human smuggling, or dangerous sea attempts. I'd rather we use our money smartly, knowing where the problems are, rather then knee-jerk into a wall that won't help and will do a great deal of harm.

This would be like pulling the police from doing security at granny's nursing home and putting them on the streets.

This isn't specifically about a wall. I don't see anything posted about a wall in their endorsement. This is the crux of their argument:

"We need a person in the White House who doesn't fear the media, who doesn't embrace political correctness, who doesn't need the money, who is familiar with success, who won't bow to foreign dictators, who is pro-military and values law enforcement, and who is angry for America and NOT subservient to the interests of other nations. Donald Trump is such a man," the union said.
    Pretty damning but seemingly true that they're tired of being the scapegoats that this administration allows them to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope.

I'd rather we put our focus into the actual problems - looking at people that are overstaying visa or abusing border cards. Looking at ways to stop tunnels, or human smuggling, or dangerous sea attempts. I'd rather we use our money smartly, knowing where the problems are, rather then knee-jerk into a wall that won't help and will do a great deal of harm.

This would be like pulling the police from doing security at granny's nursing home and putting them on the streets.
    Lucky for you, Trump has ideas on all of those. A border just does one part of it. You know no other politician is going to tackle the issues you listed. What if granny's nursing home was murder capital of the world (Juarez on the US Mexico border)

This isn't specifically about a wall. I don't see anything posted about a wall in their endorsement. This is the crux of their argument:
    Yeah, that's not trump.

Trump fears the media - he cries all the time about how they lie about him. Trump and PC? He courts the anti-PC... only to back away with "no no no i didn't do that, i wouldn't do that, i have many [group] friends" if he's in trouble. Trump? Familiar with success? He's familiar with inheriting money and squandering it. Bowing to foreign dictators? Offer him money. He's bowed to them in the past.

In short, they've all fallen for the Trump Fun Machine - that Trump gives a fuck about ANY of that rather than increasing his bottom line. Because when it comes down to it Trump wants to increase the value of the Trump brand, and if that means slapping it on the White House rather than on a candidate, he's in for it.

Additionally, trying to pretend that they don't want the money he would give them is hilarious. I'm certain it's because he aligns with their values, not because he'll give them the budget of the military with half as much necessity to perform.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

We can easily afford to do more than one thing at a time.