Deleted
    I still fail to understand why we don't get to keep Dark Soul as well as doom guard.
    Not like other classes don't have similar CD's and multiples of...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    It has been a gripe of mine for a while that we have no baseline interrupt. But at least it was offset by getting abilities via GoSac. It will annoy me more in legion when we're pigeon-holed into Imp for destro etc. At least with demo I can use axe toss, still an interrupt would be so much better.

Just make Spell lock baseline and put devour magic on Felhunter's command demon.
    That would be a massive nerf to pvp tho mate, the whole strength behind the interrupt being on the pet is you can Spell lock while you are cc'd to counter your opponents cc/burst cycle. It potentially saves a lot of DR cooldowns over a long game, which is massive considering the type of comps most locks play in.

Yea a lot of this stuff doesnt make sense for example why doomguard is our "cd" or why we lose command demon when we pet sac , or why poor demo doesn't have an interrupt. I cannot stress enough how not interupting the fel guard in violet hold is a wipe and I don't trust ppl in my grps when it feels like they have the reaction time of a sloth.

I think crit is going to be huge for affliction because our perks increase crit and crit dmg under reap soul. I mean its a huge difference between doing dps with 332k tick UAS and 700k-1mil from crits, but its alphta so I don't want to try and think of what stat is better atm. This is just my opinion while playing in heroics on alphta so feel to disagree. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    That would be a massive nerf to pvp tho mate, the whole strength behind the interrupt being on the pet is you can Spell lock while you are cc'd to counter your opponents cc/burst cycle. It potentially saves a lot of DR cooldowns over a long game, which is massive considering the type of comps most locks play in.
    There are ups and downs to it.

But you wouldn't have you only interrupt tied into an npc that can be killed.
    You would be free to use a different pet AND still have an interrupt etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    yea but the mobs with the biggest problems in heroics can't be stunned "violet hold fel guard guardian.. or arcane withered boss in arc way..., in all the expacs until legion gosac has always given you an interrupt, but poor demo has never had one if my memory serves me right. :/
    We did have carrion swarm, and the felguard in VH and unstunnable casters are a pain (as are bosses who need interrupts).
    Last edited by Maleific; 2016-03-29 at 11:04 PM.

hmmmm affi definitely needs some single target working because when you add like 2-3 adds affi gets crazy but 1(even with soul effgy) its so boring also I wonder why soul harv is 2mins for affi but 1 min for demo?

I never really found Affly very interesting in single target (has it ever been?) and with tri-spec coming I'm even more okay with it, it certainly is boring as fuck but I'm not sure if it's even possible to make a multi-target spec any interesting for single-target anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    I never really found Affly very interesting in single target (has it ever been?) and with tri-spec coming I'm even more okay with it, it certainly is boring as fuck but I'm not sure if it's even possible to make a multi-target spec any interesting for single-target anyway.
    There is always a way I mean loo kat shadow priest their awesome on both.

Yea spriest is a good example, I've actually always felt like it was a more rounded well designed version of affliction. I'm just saying considering tri-spec and as a pure dps class I'm personally not bothered by one of our specs, which is by design and fantasy multi-target, being rather uninteresting or even under performing in single target.
    Last edited by Xandy; 2016-03-30 at 11:43 PM.

So some artifact traits were revised, and all the spell changes I saw were literally just rephrasing things so dont hold your breathe on that
    Last edited by dholland662; 2016-03-31 at 04:57 AM.

Looks like Compound Interest was changed from guaranteed on cast [Agony / Corruption] to chance to proc on [Agony / Corruption] ticks.

Potentially making it work better with Absolute Corruption; but woo more RNG!
    Can't really complain too much until we know procrates.

Quote Originally Posted by archon951 View Post
    Looks like Compound Interest was changed from guaranteed on cast [Agony / Corruption] to chance to proc on [Agony / Corruption] ticks.

Potentially making it work better with Absolute Corruption; but woo more RNG!
    Can't really complain too much until we know procrates.
    At least it has some good interaction with absolute corr & soul effigy! The more reasons to not take mana tap, the better for me! Even if it's RNG.
    made by Shyama

Am I the only only really disappointed with the "rework" of our gold ring abilities? Harvester of Souls became a proc that, unless the proc chance is insanely high, is more suited to a passive artifact slot. Wrath of Consumption only got its duration doubled, still making it utterly useless in most gameplay scenarios, PvE or PvP. Soul Flame is entirely unchanged. All of it is still entirely focused on killing adds in quick succession even though we don't have an endless supply through the souls anymore. Still no changes to Soul Effigy or any of the other points that have been made for 3 months on end now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    hmmmm affi definitely needs some single target working because when you add like 2-3 adds affi gets crazy but 1(even with soul effgy) its so boring also I wonder why soul harv is 2mins for affi but 1 min for demo?
    Probably because Demonology generates a shitton of shards already it needs to be 5 per min to balance against the other 2 talents in that row.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Am I the only only really disappointed with the "rework" of our gold ring abilities? Harvester of Souls became a proc that, unless the proc chance is insanely high, is more suited to a passive artifact slot. Wrath of Consumption only got its duration doubled, still making it utterly useless in most gameplay scenarios, PvE or PvP. Soul Flame is entirely unchanged. All of it is still entirely focused on killing adds in quick succession even though we don't have an endless supply through the souls anymore. Still no changes to Soul Effigy or any of the other points that have been made for 3 months on end now.
    Doesn't activating the artifact ability to consume souls count as getting kills? If it doesn't, that really sucks. Honestly, even if it does it kinda sucks, depending on how many souls are usually floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Doesn't activating the artifact ability to consume souls count as getting kills? If it doesn't, that really sucks. Honestly, even if it does it kinda sucks, depending on how many souls are usually floating around.
    It doesn't. Used to with the old (admittedly much worse) implementation of the mechanic, which is why they were going to "rework" them. I hope there's more changes coming to the gold ring talents, but I'm not holding my breath.

One thing that wasn't really mentioned in the build notes is that the Reap Souls ability no longer has a CD. So you can just use it where and when.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also, the 'Soul' models are now the pixelated cube model, which leads me to believe they are getting an upgrade.

I think if the souls proc rate is tuned correctly some play around using reap every ~20s to maintain your harvester passives is alright, even if its in the territory of maint buff. That mixed with mana tap though, seems a bit excessive. I like the change to compound interest just being a passive and not something you actively game as much, though I can see some not liking that shift. Removes a bit of synergy with Contagion...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Still no changes to Soul Effigy or any of the other points that have been made for 3 months on end now.
    They've actually addressed a lot of the things I've been writing books about. So not sure what feedback you've been providing but they appear to be listening to us from my perspective.

There's still some things that need some tweaking (like soul effigy), but its nice to see them actually changing things. Its kind of funny how they're going about changing certain things, wasn't really expecting much of what they did to address the lvl 30 row.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-03-31 at 02:23 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Harvester of Souls changed to something much more boring and Compound Interest changed to a crappy RNG proc

How does a passive that does dmg on a random proc become much more boring than a passive that did dmg on a random proc?