Page 85 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Overwatch was rated T, not E. Fuck sakes, are we really living in an age where seeing a woman's butt IN PANTS is offensive? I see worse things walking down the street everyday. Should I go complain because I can go create a female character, take off their clothes so they're in their bra and underwear? There's cards in Hearthstone that have less clothing than the slutty girl you knew from high school's Facebook profile picture. I'm so sick of people trying to censor video games for the stupidest reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    The two posts don't contradict one another at all. The first post says that they are removing the pose, that they want everyone to feel heroic and that they're trying to do better. The second post says all of that but also clarifies that there had previously been some internal discussion on the matter. Kaplan just underestimated the controversy that would occur so didn't feel the need to talk about the internal process behind the decision.
    You and I seem to be reading very different posts because their reasoning for the change is completely different in the two posts.

In addition to my previous post I will add another curious example from their second post as to why one might question their honesty on the matter.
    "We actually already have an alternate pose that we love..."
    "We made the decision to go with a different pose in part because we shared some of the same concerns, but also because we wanted to create something better." -Hmm I thought they already had an alternate pose rather than just an opportunity to create something better?

Of course lets not forget that according to you "Plus according to Blizzard they were already going to make that change.", and yet Blizzard in their spin post says the following.
    "That the pose had been called into question from an appropriateness standpoint by players in our community did help influence our decision"
    "We made the decision to go with a different pose in part because we shared some of the same concerns"
    This is why I question if we are reading the same posts because for what Blizzard is saying to be true then they were not going to make that change until they were influenced by the person who created that thread which entirely contradicts what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Elaboration usually expands upon what has been said, not completely change it.
    Exactly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    But you know they did announce they wanted to have less sexualised female characters multiple times since OW was announced. So this fits right in with that.
    I'll make some popcorn while I wait for them to tone down Widowmakers cleavage.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    You and I seem to be reading very different posts because their reasoning for the change is completely different in the two posts.

In addition to my previous post I will add another curious example from their second post as to why one might question their honesty on the matter.
    "We actually already have an alternate pose that we love..."
    "We made the decision to go with a different pose in part because we shared some of the same concerns, but also because we wanted to create something better." -Hmm I thought they already had an alternate pose rather than just an opportunity to create something better?

Of course lets not forget that according to you "Plus according to Blizzard they were already going to make that change.", and yet Blizzard in their spin post says the following.
    "That the pose had been called into question from an appropriateness standpoint by players in our community did help influence our decision"
    "We made the decision to go with a different pose in part because we shared some of the same concerns"
    This is why I question if we are reading the same posts because for what Blizzard is saying to be true then they were not going to make that change until they were influenced by the person who created that thread which entirely contradicts what you said.
    So there was previous internal discussion, but the complaint tipped the balance. That seems pretty clear to me and matches up with both posts. I think people are just reading more into the posts than there is because it's not convenient to their narrative for Blizzard to agree with the evil feminazi SJW.

Except that it isn't what Blizzard said about it. Had they said they agree that the pose doesn't really seem to fit the character so they are going to look into changing it to something more fitting this entire thing would have been a non-issue. Instead we got a post that essentially said sorry we screwed up and didn't mean to offend, but don't worry we are replacing the pose so everyone can feel like a comfortable special snowflake tucked away in some safe space.
    Yeah. It's almost like Jeff didn't think it would be such a big deal, so he left a 3 word response. Then, when everyone cried SJW, he felt like he had to elaborate. There's no conspiracy here, you're making it out to be something it isn't. While he should have done a better job of explaining it all the first time, he did say what you wanted him to say in the first place because people needed to know more. But that wasn't good enough because NOOOW it's caving because he didn't think he had to explain it like that. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, according to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler on the Roof View Post
    It's not about the pose not fitting the personality, it's about her showing her ass to the camera, while wearing tight pants that show her ass crack.
    Except neither Blizzard or the person giving the feedback have a problem with Widowmaker who is far more overtly sexualised, so what reason do you imagine for this apparent double-standard?

Deleted
    WE NEED MOAR BUTT

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Yeah. It's almost like Jeff didn't think it would be such a big deal, so he left a 3 word response. Then, when everyone cried SJW, he felt like he had to elaborate. There's no conspiracy here, you're making it out to be something it isn't. While he should have done a better job of explaining it all the first time, he did say what you wanted him to say in the first place because people needed to know more. But that wasn't good enough because NOOOW it's caving because he didn't think he had to explain it like that. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, according to you.
    Actually if the post made by this woman had gone completely ignored by blues, like hundreds of thousands of other feedback topics on the forums, and the pose changed/removed/replaced/whatever later then none of this would have happened.

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually if the post made by this woman had gone completely ignored by blues, like hundreds of thousands of other feedback topics on the forums, and the pose changed/removed/replaced/whatever later then none of this would have happened.
    Yeah... Giving credit to a single person, for a game change, is a dangerous thing to do... Bad choice mr Kaplan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Muaaahahaaaa!

Just when you thought this intellect-defying disgrace of a thread has already exhausted its potential for setting new benchmarks of brain-shattering nonsense ...

Love it
    /r/iamverysmart
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    So you are saying a quirky and ditzy girl/woman is prohibited from making that pose?

- - - Updated - - -

A young woman standing in the middle of strong men with arms in a racy outfit and with a racy pose : that is a display of strength, a display of defiance, a display of confidence. There are women who are being murdered by religious nutjobs for going to school or not wearing hijab and there are people who are being offended by a pose in a video game...shameful!!!
    If you believe that is the most important issue in the world, and everyone should focus on it to the exclusion of all else, why are you posting your distaste for someone's opinion about a video game?

parody petition up which is in no way related to this matter, i assure you

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/708/9...overwatch.%22/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Except neither Blizzard or the person giving the feedback have a problem with Widowmaker who is far more overtly sexualised, so what reason do you imagine for this apparent double-standard?
    the point about that is that widow maker is a femme fatale and suposed to be that way, Tracer is not intended in that manner...but i will say, that pose is not all that sexual for a T -rated game. She isnt sticking her butt out, her butt just happens to exist, its an over the shoulder with a "cant catch me" vibe. Its not an inciting pose unless just standing behind women is somehow sexual.

- - - Updated - - -

Non of this matters or bothers me as long as we get a great replacement pose. its not as much of an issue as its being made out to be.

Would have been better if the didnt say anything at all an delayed replacing the pose until the new one was immediately ready.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-03-30 at 09:10 PM.

Then explain how "we will change it, sorry for offending you" becomes "we totally already had plans to change it and we would never compromise our vision for just one person!"
    Great question and you can be sure that you'll never got an answer, because that the standard SJW tactic, avoid the real questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Great question and you can be sure that you'll never got an answer, because that the standard SJW tactic, avoid the real questions.
    And the other side will not answer that if blizzard are falling to SJW crowd who hates sexualization to why the most sexualized character in the game is untouched. If they are that afraid Widowmaker would be changed.

No wait there is only absolute bullshit explanation about Strawmanning without any evidence to back it up which can be ignored by anyone with more than 2 braincells.

EXACTLY, and the real problem isn't even that they remove it, but the fact that they APOLOGIZE to a fucking retard for whom a POSE in a GAME was making him "uncomfortable" and was a bad example for her daughter who love their short movie (wtf did this have to do with the topic ? Great question, but hey, put "think about the children" as always been a standard puritan tactic) like if they have done something wrong, THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

They shouldn't even feel the need of apologizing to these kind of retarded and regressive puritan people.
    But they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    And the other side will not answer that if blizzard are falling to SJW crowd who hates sexualization to why the most sexualized character in the game is untouched. If they are that afraid Widowmaker would be changed.

No wait there is only absolute bullshit explanation about Strawmanning without any evidence to back it up which can be ignored by anyone with more than 2 braincells.
    See, that's an answer !
    The other answer could also be that you, fucking SJW, have no ground to attack her, since she's supposed to be "femme fatal" which is "okayish" even for the PC drones.

Now that "the other side" have answered, can you answer the question ? Hm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    WE NEED MOAR BUTT
    Mmmm... Indeed we do. Indeed we do...

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Three word response?
    "We'll replace the pose. We want *everyone* to feel strong and heroic in our community. The last thing we want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable, under-appreciated or misrepresented.

Apologies and we'll continue to try to do better."

Felt like he needed to elaborate by making a post that was clearly a series of excuses and double talk rather than elaborating on what was actually said in the first post?

I'm sorry, but many people are having a hard to buying into the second post because it reads like a sad attempt at damage control after a ridiculous initial post. It wasn't a case of damned if you do damned if you don't because there were options that could have avoided all of this that didn't involve apologizing for offending someone and announcing a change based on that feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Maybe they are still having a discussion internally about it because they are not entirely happy with Widowmaker, and are just waiting for it to be called into question from an appropriateness standpoint by players in their community to help influence their decision like they did with this pose on Tracer.

Deleted
    Maybe they are still having a discussion internally about it because they are not entirely happy with Widowmaker, and are just waiting for it to be called into question from an appropriateness standpoint by players in their community to help influence their decision like they did with this pose on Tracer.
    Well that's been happening since day one. Ergo it's a good indication that blizzard isn't changing things just because someone complained.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    /r/iamverysmart
    Feeling intimidated by superior wit, huh - say it like it is!