Thread: Cats

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cats

Who here likes cats as a pet? Who here has a cat as a pet? Would you post a picture of your cat here, or a picture of what your cat looks like?

Most importantly, why do you like a cat as a pet over say.. a dog?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a cat, love my cat.

She's very friendly, doesn't bother me when I don't want to be bothered, plays with me when I want to play, keeps all the bugs away. Unlike a dog, I don't have to rush home to take it outside to poop. She poops in a nice receptacle that makes cleaning easy (once a month). Unlike a dog, I don't have to wash her. She takes care of that herself. Unlike a dog, I can travel for a week and leave her home alone and she'll be fine.

Just a great pet.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2016-03-30 at 09:50 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I have a cat. My grandparents found her in the snow while they were house sitting (they live in panama most of the year and their house here is currently being built.) They asked me to take her in because they travel so much and stray cats like that are typically put down. Her name is Nala and shes a lovely cat.

Edit: I'm at work so I can't post pictures but she looks like Reeve's cat.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Who here likes cats as a pet? Who here has a cat as a pet? Would you post a picture of your cat here, or a picture of what your cat looks like?

Cats are more entertaining than dogs. Dogs are obnoxious suck-ups, while cats are independent and, essentially, random which makes life a lot more interesting because you just never know what might happen next.

Additionally, cats poop in a box that you can empty easily vs playing hunt and grab in your backyard picking up your dog's poo. And if you miss one, there are no issues with the cat poop since it is in that box...whereas you typically find the missing dog poo on your shoes.

Deleted
    they're delicious

Cats are the only pets I'd have. They're great social pets once you figure them out, which is part of the fun. Each one is a puzzle.

I have one right now, a Bombay. Don't have a picture of her, this is what they look like though:

The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care for them. It's wrong of me to do so, but I judge people who would choose a cat over a dog, especially men.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    I own three cats and I love them all very much. I own three dogs as well but I'm very much a cat person. They're the perfect pets for me in my opinion. I'm a low maintenance kind of guy and I want low maintenance pets. Dogs are fun but their hyper activity gets tiring after 5 minutes.

My kets.

My moms ket, my old ket.

Kitty is love, kitty is life :3

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Don't care for them. It's wrong of me to do so, but I judge people who would choose a cat over a dog, especially men.
    That's ok we've been judged since the Dark Ages, nothing we're not accustomed to at this point.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

My cat.

Doesn't exactly have a name :P It's whatever comes to mind for the week. Last week was Brat... this week is Chitters. Because she's been glued to the windows, chittering maniacally at the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Have a cat, love my cat.

She's very friendly, doesn't bother me when I don't want to be bothered, plays with me when I want to play, keeps all the bugs away. Unlike a dog, I don't have to rush home to take it outside to poop. She poops in a nice receptacle that makes cleaning easy (once a month). Unlike a dog, I don't have to wash her. She takes care of that herself. Unlike a dog, I can travel for a week and leave her home alone and she'll be fine.

Just a great pet.
    WTF a week at home alone? The more I kept reading your posting the more I realised how crazy you are. The 1 month poop change thing... then the you don't wash her. Then the big one. Lol are u trolling? If so you're successful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Cats are the only pets I'd have. They're great social pets once you figure them out, which is part of the fun. Each one is a puzzle.

I have one right now, a Bombay. Don't have a picture of her, this is what they look like though:

Is it not rare to have that colour cat because of the superstitious thing? I know in some parts of the world they kill them because people think they bring bad luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    WTF a week at home alone? The more I kept reading your posting the more I realised how crazy you are. The 1 month poop change thing... then the you don't wash her. Then the big one. Lol are u trolling? If so you're successful.
    Nah. Cats clean themselves. The one month before changing the kitty litter is because I have an automated litter box (doesn't even stink, and yes I've asked people when they come into my place the first time), and after 1 week left alone with food and water, my cat, while very happy to see me return, is just fine.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cats are great to have for 5 minutes, but cost a fortune to feed and can sometimes poop or pee in the wrong place. At least the cats seem to agree on hating Justin Bieber. So they have that going for them.

Deleted
    cats are the best animals, i hate dogs tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I've left my cat home alone for 2 weeks. Quite a few times, actually. Leave food and water out, she'll shit in a box... all good.
    I think that's unacceptable tbh. When you say alone do u have your neighbour check on her? Do you leave the cat-door open? Are there other cats around or just one?

Why have a pet, especially a cat, if you are not around for long periods? 2 WEEKS is too long what if she/he/it died while you were gone and you came bk to a rotting corpse? Don't you think it should have interactions beyond water, food and somewhere to shit?

This is my cat, Doggie, he is 17 years old. He's been a bit sick lately, we finally figured out the problem. He has been losing weight for months now, constantly throwing up, drinking lots of water, etc. Took him to the vet, ran several tests, finally pinned it down. He has a thyroid issue. This is completely treatable by medication, so if you have an older cat (13 years +) and they are doing the following, please take it to a vet quickly.

Symptoms:

weight loss
    drinking excessive amounts of water
    throwing up - not hairballs, food
    night yowling
    lethargic
    constant pupil dilation

Last edited by Demona3; 2016-03-30 at 10:20 PM.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Is it not rare to have that colour cat because of the superstitious thing? I know in some parts of the world they kill them because people think they bring bad luck.
    It can be for sure. That's actually part of the story behind how I got my cat. The lady who rescued her(and her litter of kittens) rescued her from another shelter because they were going to put them all to sleep because they thought no one would adopt a solid black cat because of it being bad luck, the devil's cat, etc. She adopted off all the kittens before I adopted her proving them wrong.

Bombays are a special combination of black Burmese cats and American Shorthairs and are really amazingly sweet cats who only get a bad rap due to ancient superstitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

I have 2 cats but would probably have more if there wasn't something in my lease that prevented me from having more than 2 pets.
    I'm not against dogs and would love to have a Husky or German Shepherd one day, but I won't do that until I buy a house.

I love how devious a cat can be; they will look at you and push something off of a table and then brush up against you like you should be rewarding them for their actions.
    Dogs require too much attention. My cats do their thing and hit me up for attention here and there; it's perfect for me.

Edit: I have a long-haired tortie (probably part maine coon) and a calico. Both females that I got from the Humane Society (adoption center here in Pittsburgh. Not sure if they're a nationwide company); male cats are too territorial and I don't have the patience for that.
    Last edited by fooliuscaesar13; 2016-03-30 at 10:18 PM.