Thread: Legion Transmog

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    -It's an item collection system not an appearance collection system, which multiplies the collecting process by a LOT.
    Its not an item collection system is an appearance collection system, it shows the appearance and tells you all the items (of the armor type that you're using) that look like that.

Note: Also i believe the items that are retired won't appear in the collection unless you have it (For example: Theramore Tabard won't appear in the collection unless you did the event -not even as a missing item-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Its not an item collection system is an appearance collection system, it shows the appearance and tells you all the items (of the armor type that you're using) that look like that.

Note: Also i believe the items that are retired won't appear in the collection unless you have it (For example: Theramore Tabard won't appear in the collection unless you did the event -not even as a missing item-)
    I would absolutely love it to be true (not an item collection system). But so far, from the alpha players it seems that for each items, you have a message saying whether or not you collected the item. If they changed it and you can't collect an item whose appearance is already unlocked, it's absolutely perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I would absolutely love it to be true (not an item collection system). But so far, from the alpha players it seems that for each items, you have a message saying whether or not you collected the item. If they changed it and you can't collect an item whose appearance is already unlocked, it's absolutely perfect.

I believe it looks like this atm. If you collect any of those items that share appearances, that appearance is unlocked. You can collect more on that list but it won't really make a difference.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    Precisely and by definition, if an item is not shown to be unlocked under an unlocked appearance, then it's an item collection system since the items would still not be considered unlocked by the system, and could be unlocked. Which would multiply the length of completing the collection by a huge amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a quick question that I can't seem to find. I know I've seen it, but I need confirmation. I'm currently farming the judgement set for my Paladin, but I'm farming it on all four of my Paladins. Since this is Paladin Tier2 gear, will having separate pieces on different characters unlock it for all my Paladins?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    I have a quick question that I can't seem to find. I know I've seen it, but I need confirmation. I'm currently farming the judgement set for my Paladin, but I'm farming it on all four of my Paladins. Since this is Paladin Tier2 gear, will having separate pieces on different characters unlock it for all my Paladins?
    Yes /10chars

But the main question is... why do you have 4 paladins! (and why would you use the same tier in all of them, though T2 looks great)

10+ Year Old Account
    Using them all to farm it up for one, in case I have terrible luck on drops. I have multiple Paladins because of playing on different realms with friends. I'm to cheap to pay Blizzard money to realm transfer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    This is one of the worst ideas they ever added imo. In theory it's good, but for collectors, this means hundreds, maybe thousands of hours farming stuff to complete your wardrobe. Not to mention the gold you have to pay on AH for insanely rare or unobtainable items.

This will also increase ninjaing ALOT. People taking stuff to their wardrobe that are otherwise useless to them, statwise etc.
    I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to complete their wardrobe just for the sake of completing it. There must be THOUSANDS of different item appearances for each armor type. I mean, if you really want to have every little box filled and not grayed out, sure I guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to complete their wardrobe just for the sake of completing it. There must be THOUSANDS of different item appearances for each armor type. I mean, if you really want to have every little box filled and not grayed out, sure I guess...
    You'd be surprised. It was one of my main draws to Legion, until I realized that I've missed so much content that Blizzard has fucking removed that my OCD would go absolutely bonkers because there are a lot of sets/pieces I can never get again.

I remember them talking about (and it's been a LONG time since I saw this, so forgive me if I butcher it) that any items your characters HAVE had in the past will be applied to this. Apparently quest items have been most talked about, but what I'm worried most about are the old Dungeon/Dungeon 2.0 sets from Vanilla. I had them on several characters, and deleted them over the years for bag space. Now, I know the DMF sells replicas, and I've already rebought several sets through there. But, barring having to buy up all the rest of the sets, I really want to know what the limitations are on back dating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You'd be surprised. It was one of my main draws to Legion, until I realized that I've missed so much content that Blizzard has fucking removed that my OCD would go absolutely bonkers because there are a lot of sets/pieces I can never get again.

I remember them talking about (and it's been a LONG time since I saw this, so forgive me if I butcher it) that any items your characters HAVE had in the past will be applied to this. Apparently quest items have been most talked about, but what I'm worried most about are the old Dungeon/Dungeon 2.0 sets from Vanilla. I had them on several characters, and deleted them over the years for bag space. Now, I know the DMF sells replicas, and I've already rebought several sets through there. But, barring having to buy up all the rest of the sets, I really want to know what the limitations are on back dating.
    They have no records of which gear you had on which character, if it's deleted it's gone. They can just check quests with a True\False flag on whether you've ever completed the quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogol View Post
    Oh no, there's too many optional cosmetic things to collect... As a player that mostly plays for achievements and a little bit of pvp, I welcome another list of items to farm. Maybe I can even make some money now with my rare blacksmithing recipes. Also the ninjaing part is nonsense, people already need on everything in old raids unless it's need before greed, and then they only need on the stuff they can equip.
    Who runs old raids with other people? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post

I believe it looks like this atm. If you collect any of those items that share appearances, that appearance is unlocked. You can collect more on that list but it won't really make a difference.
    There's a tabard tab in the wardrobe thing too? I think that's a tabard button, but awesome if so! Won't have to keep all those tabards anymore either!

If my DK gets a shield like the Royal Crest of Lordaeron, he can't equip it, but will my warrior be able to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    If my DK gets a shield like the Royal Crest of Lordaeron, he can't equip it, but will my warrior be able to?
    DKs can't use shields so therefore it won't unlock for you. Only what that character can equip will be unlocked at the time you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    DKs can't use shields so therefore it won't unlock for you. Only what that character can equip will be unlocked at the time you get it.
    Does that also apply to cloth armor that my DK can pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Does that also apply to cloth armor that my DK can pick up?
    Annoyingly, no. If you want to unlock a cloth item, you must obtain that item on a Priest/Mage/Warlock.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Is this 100% ACCOUNT WIDE? It's worrying me because I have lots of leather gear on my monk ready for my Demon Hunter. Please can someone check <3

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    Is this 100% ACCOUNT WIDE? It's worrying me because I have lots of leather gear on my monk ready for my Demon Hunter. Please can someone check <3
    Yes.

For armors, Cloth = Cloth, Leather = Leather, Mail = Mail, Plate = Plate.

Weapons, cloaks, shirts, tabards, are totally account-wide.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2016-04-13 at 04:09 AM.

Do you need Reputation to use the tabards on other characters? or achievements for example, brawler's guild shirts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I want every Achievement, Every Faction 999/1000, Every Pet, Every Toy, Every Mount, Every Heirloom, Every single Quest completed, every inch of the map explored, every profession recipe learned. I want litterally EVERYTHING done. I have even started working on EVERY FOLLOWER in my garrison, I have over 100 followers with lvl 100, 675ilvl and epic (there are like 250 total), that you get with the Inn building. +1 per week, it will take many years. Some stuff I like collecting, some stuff I HATE collecting. But I still do it.

So yes, obviously I want every single piece of transmog. Therefore I HATE this idea, as it will add too much stuff to collect, it's enough already :/

However, these are my goals and sometimes I lack the time, skill, gold or other things to achieve it. But I always work toward the goal!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I want every Achievement, Every Faction 999/1000, Every Pet, Every Toy, Every Mount, Every Heirloom, Every single Quest completed, every inch of the map explored, every profession recipe learned. I want litterally EVERYTHING done. I have even started working on EVERY FOLLOWER in my garrison, I have over 100 followers with lvl 100, 675ilvl and epic (there are like 250 total), that you get with the Inn building. +1 per week, it will take many years. Some stuff I like collecting, some stuff I HATE collecting. But I still do it.

So yes, obviously I want every single piece of transmog. Therefore I HATE this idea, as it will add too much stuff to collect, it's enough already :/

However, these are my goals and sometimes I lack the time, skill, gold or other things to achieve it. But I always work toward the goal!
    Every single piece of transmog =/= every single item in the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    There's a tabard tab in the wardrobe thing too? I think that's a tabard button, but awesome if so! Won't have to keep all those tabards anymore either!
    Yes /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

as long as the item is not Monk only, then yes, as soon as you get your Demon Hunter you will have all those leather appeareances unlocked

- - - Updated - - -

Do you need Reputation to use the tabards on other characters? or achievements for example, brawler's guild shirts?
    For the tabards... yes, you will need the reputation (if it requires it to use it)

About the archis... no idea